Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I really liked the idea of the Secret Defenders but the comic itself was very lackluster.
    I think I would've liked it better if it had two other regulars with Dr. Strange. Sorta like a Mission: Impossible team with a core of three and guest members for each story.
    It would've allowed for more subplots and character/team development.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

very cool team
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Secret Defenders #3 May 1993
    "Swarm Song" starring Dr. Strange, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Nomad and Darkhawk
    The Defenders discover that Macabre and her cohorts are actually members of a viral collective from another dimension

who have been turning the homeless of Phoenix, Arizona younger to carry out their wishes;

When Dr. Strange arrives to help, the team pools their own collective strength to allow him to send the villains back where they belong.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Andre Coates, inks by Don Hudson.

That series shown above just does not have the same feel to me as the original series.

BANNED

Wanna see the MCU Doctor Strange lead the MCU Defenders post MCU Phase 3 To me Marvel NetFlix showed the live-action version of the MARVEL KNIGHTS!

BANNED

Defenders #6 Jun 1973
    The Dreams of Death!
    As the Silver Surfer is traveling to Dr. Strange's Sanctum in order to apologize for the way he had acted
    in his last encounter with the Defenders, he finds a strange mystic cube formed around the Sanctum.

Able to pierce through it he finds that the Defenders are under attack by Cyrus Black a mystic bent on proving he is superior to Dr. Strange and his followers.

Although Black almost manages to destroy the statue of the Black Knight, his attack fails and he and his followers are forced to retreat.
    As the Defenders try to relax, Black attempts his next attack on the Defenders: Using illusions created from his dreams to attack and destroy Dr. Strange.

However, because everything is a product of Cyrus' imagination, Dr. Strange's apparent weakness in this battle is also a product of it.
    He is eventually tricked by the Sub-Mariner that perhaps their battle isn't real. This realization jars Black awake, causing his illusions to disappear.

In his apartment, Black realizes that his plan would have failed, and rues to try again in the future.

Script by Steve Englehart, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Frank McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Wanna see the MCU Doctor Strange lead the MCU Defenders post MCU Phase 3 To me Marvel NetFlix showed the live-action version of the MARVEL KNIGHTS!
    It would be great, with Namor and the Surfer heading back Marvel's way. Aquaman's film, if sucessful, will certainly encourage a Namor film. But, instead of the Hulk, who has been with the MCU ever since the beggining, I'd rather see the She-Hulk in his place.

Peace

Astonishing Member

I read recently the Fearless Defenders run.
    It was a interesting read,but was it really a Defenders team?
    Dunno.Sure one could argue that it was just because of the title of the comic book and that it was focused in Valkyre.
    But even so,i find it difficult to say that this team was a Defenders team.Seemed more as a Valkyre team so to speak.

BANNED

Default The late great defenders

Another grab off the racks

I think I read a later appearance by this villain... Necrodamus - did he also end up trying to sacrifice the mortal that had bonded to Valkyrie? I can vaguely recall Spider-man being in the story too... There are multiple appearances of him, right? Is this his FIRST appearance? I believe he wants to used dark magic to become young again, or some such?

Astonishing Member

I always loved the defenders

They seemed to have more mystic type stories, at least as I recall

The dynamics were great

The first couple of years of the Defenders, they were literally my favorite team.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Conceptually, I now feel they are a little dated. But at the time, I was a fan.The dynamic of the B list defenders like Val, Patsy and Kyle were a big draw to me.

And at the time, them being so overpowered seemed fun. Though now in hindsight I sort of felt it hurt the book.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I think I read a later appearance by this villain... Necrodamus - did he also end up trying to sacrifice the mortal that had bonded to Valkyrie? I can vaguely recall Spider-man being in the story too... There are multiple appearances of him, right? Is this his FIRST appearance? I believe he wants to used dark magic to become young again, or some such?
    Seems like Necrodamus' thing was bitterness over having a short deformed body, and always trying to feed somebody else to a demon in exchange for Rock-esque Super Physique. He tried that Faust thing on Agatha Harkness, and she let him think he might pull it off just to put The Scarlet Witch through her paces.

BANNED

Well this is a tad shocking but out of nowhere!

Forget that street level stuff! The big boys are back!!!