Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favorite Superman/Lex Luthor stories and moments

Kitty Kowalski: Sounds great Lex, but you're not a god.

Lex Luthor: [fixes Kitty with an icy stare] Gods are selfish beings who fly around in little red capes and don't share their power with mankind. No, I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people. And... I want my cut.

----------------------

I always felt that one of the reasons Lex hates Superman is because he envies his powers. Superman overshadows Lex in every way, because Supes uses his powers to help the world, and I don't think Lex would be as kind and humble as Supes. Lex thinks about himself first. I just always liked this scene from Superman Returns. It encapsulates Lex pretty well. Lex is very smart and intellectual, but he is very selfish and cruel.

So the question is, What are your favorite Superman/Clark/Lex Luthor moments/stories from all media? Who are your fave actors who have portrayed them? I know it's a big question, but we are not going anywhere. This is a really hard question even for me since I'm not a big comicbook reader, but I really love Lex and his hate for Superman and what he stands for. They are iconic.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-17-2018 at 10:59 AM.