Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

*inb4 pen sniffs this thread out*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If the thing is "only" Flash fast and doesn't have the durability to withstand class 100 attacks, Wally can assure a victory by dumping the entirety of his speed into Superman or whoever has the best shot to take it down. Just like the Flash family did for Wally when he was fighting Zoom.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Before that happens, Shrike just dumps the other 6 onto spikes in his silly end of time death zone. Then he handles Flash at his leisure.

His speed plus "screw you I stick you where and when I want" stuff is just too much for everyone else here. Flash could start lending speed but it's too late by the time Superman's initial synapse starts firing.

On top of that, well, putting the Shrike down permanently is... Impossible? Kassad, with insane aid from galaxy-busting kinds of forces, succeeded in doing all of nothing at all to the Shrike in any way that affected anything except making him briefly feel proud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    How's he beating the Flash?
    Killing him seems like an acceptable enough fix. Unless your argument is that the thing as fast/faster, that is covered in murder spikes can't kill someone with no notable durability.

Cuz that's an argument I'd like to see.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Shrike is pretty op. The only Dan Simmons creation more so is Iliana Achilles.

They got rid of the guy supposed to kill him, so by axiom if reality that governs his date, makes him pretty much immortal. ( surviving environments not met for human life, Zeus firing poison arrows at him in less than a rooms lebftg, they all missed, and he “killed” Zeus as well. As dead as he can get anyway.)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    On top of that, well, putting the Shrike down permanently is... Impossible? Kassad, with insane aid from galaxy-busting kinds of forces, succeeded in doing all of nothing at all to the Shrike in any way that affected anything except making him briefly feel proud.
    I mean... Kassad did kill the Shrike in the battle at the end of time or whatever in normal phase suit combat... so... no...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Killing him seems like an acceptable enough fix. Unless your argument is that the thing as fast/faster, that is covered in murder spikes can't kill someone with no notable durability.

Cuz that's an argument I'd like to see.
    Well that's the argument you're going to get it seems

The Flash can vibrate, phase, create tornadoes, sonic booms and hit with the IMP without breaking his hand punching class 100s

It seems all the Shrike can do is BFR and run after him to impale him on a spike?

Even setting aside stuff like getting punched for thousands of miles by someone as fast/faster than him, the Flash doesn't even need durability if he can phase through the blows.

Im really unclear on how it's handling the Flash alone much less taking care of the rest of the league at the same time. At the very least Flash can keep it occupied with vibrations, attacks, perhaps throwing wonder wonans tiara at it at lightspeed or cutting it with her lasso, long enough for the others to react although sounds like the IMP alone would end it

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Before that happens, Shrike just dumps the other 6 onto spikes in his silly end of time death zone. Then he handles Flash at his leisure.
    Why would Flash allow him to do that? Is the BFR instantaneous?

His speed plus "screw you I stick you where and when I want" stuff is just too much for everyone else here. Flash could start lending speed but it's too late by the time Superman's initial synapse starts firing.
    That depends on how fast the BFR happens relative to Flash lending speed. Feats for that?

So wait it has galactic level durability? Or is that universal? If that is actually true, why would you have doubts about its ability to hurt class 100s? Surely a spike made of universal force (that can be hurt by galactic level forces?) will simply go right through a class 100 at those speeds?

THe big deal with the Shrike is not just bfr to pain tree, it’s cocered in blades. Really sharp Freakken blades. And given yes tech bends time and space at will it’s like fighting a robot covered in corral razors, with a space gem, and due to machine in origin (I think) it’s frakken faaast.

The big debate is who is faster. I think they can beat him. But yeah it’s like a iai duel. First hit is winner here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *inb4 pen sniffs this thread out*
    Most people have already noted the problems with suggesting the Shrike could handle the league and pretty well countered this "universe busting/galaxy busting" stuff, so, not much to add frankly.

Also the thing about invoking BFR, aside from that GL could come back from it, is that the Flash for his part has the speed force as "a thing to drag/shove people into."
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-21-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    THe big deal with the Shrike is not just bfr to pain tree, it’s cocered in blades. Really sharp Freakken blades. And given yes tech bends time and space at will it’s like fighting a robot covered in corral razors, with a space gem, and due to machine in origin (I think) it’s frakken faaast.

The big debate is who is faster. I think they can beat him. But yeah it’s like a iai duel. First hit is winner here.
    The Flash can just phase through the hits, vibrate out its parts.

Or just punch him. Flash doesn't break his fist punching folks that can survive planetary forces so worst case scenario, he impales a bit of his hand while the other guy feels the impact of a blow that can make class 100s bleed. Accelerated healing takes care of the hand /if it's even affected given speed force shenanigans at IMP speeds

Yes that’s why I think SC due to Flash win the majority. Only time Not is if Flash is somehow too slow at start.

Which in Khazan rarely if ever happens.

Shrike only gets it if jobbing. Like Job into Deathstrokes sword bad jobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Most people have already noted the problems with suggesting the Shrike could handle the league and pretty well countered this "universe busting/galaxy busting" stuff, so, not much to add frankly.

Also the thing about invoking BFR, aside from that GL could come back from it, is that the Flash for his part has the speed force as "a thing to drag/shove people into."
    Did you ever finish the books btw? I would love to pick your brain
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Did you ever finish the books btw? I would love to pick your brain
    Only made it through book one, still tackling the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Only made it through book one, still tackling the others.
    That's fair. They aren't exactly short stories.

Anyways, I'll have some more to add in a couple hours after work.
    - big_adventure