Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Shrike vs. The God Emperor of Mankind

Dan Simmons monster vs. The most imposing human from Warhammer 40k.

1: Arena cause why not

2: im more interested in this match up.
    The GoM learns that the Shrike exists in his world, Time Tombs and all. He mobilizes an offensive to the fringe world of Hyperion that he personally spearheads. How does that play out? The Shrike is unaware he is coming. No planet busting allowed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

For fight 1, Shrike has Wally West Flash speed AT LEAST and so should be able to physically annihilate at the very least, before even considering "drop into an alternate time impaled on a tree of death" kind of stuff.

Even with the scenario I'm hard pressed to imagine what the WH40K guy is doing to the Shrike. It just comes back, relatively instantly, whenever it wants to, so...

Killing it is less to do with killing it, and more about killing time itself. This is problematic for a few reasons.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Doesn't the Shrike get beat by any classic Big 7 Justice League that has both a speed-stealing / lending Flash and Superman / Green Lantern?

Basing this off the last time I saw a thread here with the Shrike in it.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Doesn't the Shrike get beat by any classic Big 7 Justice League that has both a speed-stealing / lending Flash and Superman / Green Lantern?

I mean, no? Flash isn't speed stealing a guy who gets speed from time manipulation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, no? Flash isn't speed stealing a guy who gets speed from time manipulation.
    Exactly. He tried that with Zoom (Hunter Zolomon), and it didn't work for that same reason.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Ssshhhh! Invoking JL v Shrike will summon Pendaran! :P

Its still sort of an ongoing unresolved kinda fight methinks with opponents arguing in both sides.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean, JL versus Shrike is arguable: if you take away BFR, Shrike hits insanely hard, but it is easily questionable if it's enough to hurt a class 100. This makes it hard for him to kill a couple of the big 7.

If you allow Shrike to do Shrike stuff, he's just going to drop all of these guys onto spikes in his alternate death time stuff. Even if that doesn't kill some, they aren't coming back.

Flash is basically Shrike fast, but cannot do anything to hurt Shrike, and Shrike is MUCH larger and covered in spines that cut through phase shift fields that are basically as strong as the universe. A UMP would be a bad idea, even if he could land it, but as any fighter will tell you, fighting someone as fast as you are who is literally twice your size and has 4 arms to boot is a REALLY bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, JL versus Shrike is arguable: if you take away BFR, Shrike hits insanely hard, but it is easily questionable if it's enough to hurt a class 100. This makes it hard for him to kill a couple of the big 7.

If you allow Shrike to do Shrike stuff, he's just going to drop all of these guys onto spikes in his alternate death time stuff. Even if that doesn't kill some, they aren't coming back.

Flash is basically Shrike fast, but cannot do anything to hurt Shrike, and Shrike is MUCH larger and covered in spines that cut through phase shift fields that are basically as strong as the universe. A UMP would be a bad idea, even if he could land it, but as any fighter will tell you, fighting someone as fast as you are who is literally twice your size and has 4 arms to boot is a REALLY bad idea.
    If you feel those phase suit shields are actually "universe strong" then you do in fact believe Shrike can rip Superman to pieces.

Edit: a lot of post crisis JL guys can also come back from BFR.

See!? Even I go back and forth on this fight. I tend to argue in favor of whoever someone else says loses haha
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    If you feel those phase suit shields are actually "universe strong" then you do in fact believe Shrike can rip Superman to pieces.

Edit: a lot of post crisis JL guys can also come back from BFR.

See!? Even I go back and forth on this fight. I tend to argue in favor of whoever someone else says loses haha
    BFR sure, but being time dumped in an alternate timeline ? I don't see most of the JL finding their way back without help from the Flash, and he'll be busy attempting to avoid the equivalent of a Zoom made of murder spikes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    BFR sure, but being time dumped in an alternate timeline ? I don't see most of the JL finding their way back without help from the Flash, and he'll be busy attempting to avoid the equivalent of a Zoom made of murder spikes.
    Fine. JL sux and Shrike win$.
    - big_adventure

Flash only needs to keep Shrike busy long enough for GL or J'onn to react. Which he can do just with the IMPs, finger snap thing zoom had going or vibrating

I read the first book in the series only (where Shrike didn't do much on a JL scale) so idk how durable he is but if he is as durable as the universe he's winning anyway. Otherwise, unless he can insta BFR people though he can't do anything while also dealing with the Flash simultaneously

I suppose it comes down to how durable Shrike is because if he's made of stuff actually as durable as the universe obviously not much can be done otherwise JL has too many options

It's more like ... he's esoteric enough to ring out, and fast enough to kill the only one who can stop him.

Like the Surfer, but he can't just beat them to death with his fists.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Flash only needs to keep Shrike busy long enough for GL or J'onn to react. Which he can do just with the IMPs, finger snap thing zoom had going or vibrating

I read the first book in the series only (where Shrike didn't do much on a JL scale) so idk how durable he is but if he is as durable as the universe he's winning anyway. Otherwise, unless he can insta BFR people though he can't do anything while also dealing with the Flash simultaneously

I suppose it comes down to how durable Shrike is because if he's made of stuff actually as durable as the universe obviously not much can be done otherwise JL has too many options
    He is not "universe" durable.

The whole universe durability thing comes off of a tiny quote in the books plus a bit of imaginative stretching. Basically the technocore (A.I.) at one point mention the stuff he's made of is tough enough to survive "anything we can calculate" or some such. In a much different part ofvthe book, maybe even a separate book, the technocore mentions it can calculate the force of the Big Bang. Sooo.

But yeah. Not the case by feats. In one battle he has some chunks pulled off. And Kassad + some other dudes managed to kill it, admittedly off screen.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's more like ... he's esoteric enough to ring out, and fast enough to kill the only one who can stop him.

Like the Surfer, but he can't just beat them to death with his fists.
    How's he beating the Flash?