Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member

Luke's version is more believable because he's not a psychopath that just murdered billions of people...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Luke's version is more believable because he's not a psychopath that just murdered billions of people...
    To be fair to Ben Solo... Starkiller Base wasn't his idea, he didn't build it, he didn't give the order to fire it. Hux seems exponentially more evil than him. Ben's whole thing is that he's not even remotely as evil as he'd like to be (but he seems to slowly be getting there).

But yeah, Luke is of course infinitely more believable.

Vader, likewise, didn't really consider the Death Star all that special himself. In ANH he rebukes Motti on it, and in RO he thinks it's caused more trouble than it's worth already. (It's also implied to be already underway by the time he first becomes Vader).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Vader, likewise, didn't really consider the Death Star all that special himself. In ANH he rebukes Motti on it, and in RO he thinks it's caused more trouble than it's worth already. (It's also implied to be already underway by the time he first becomes Vader).
    But Vader loses a lot of points for being right there on screen when Alderaan gets blown up and not even reacting to it.

Honestly, the main Problem....The Script. Everything about the script was No, just no, Captial N double O.

The Ideas presented were not interesting or well thought out as to how it would affect the series going forward.

The movie was boring and many scenes were not really needed. Here's looking at you Canto Bight.

And there was no respect paid to anything that came before it. Here's looking at you Luke, Leia and Han/Chewie. Hell even R2, and Threepio (The cornerstones of the series. I get that we're trying to move on from them but there is a way to do it respectfully and awesome but Last Jedi was not the way)

I could go on but I think I'll stop there.