Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alterna Comics

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

BigLbo -- how was midnight mystery? Were you able to get it yet?
    Deathstroke -- I like Tinsel Town a lot. You like Tinsel Town, you read Eden-- how do *you* like Eden? Brad liked Eden...
    It'll be cool to add two new Alterna titles if--.
    thanks!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    BigLbo -- how was midnight mystery? Were you able to get it yet?
    Deathstroke -- I like Tinsel Town a lot. You like Tinsel Town, you read Eden-- how do *you* like Eden? Brad liked Eden...
    It'll be cool to add two new Alterna titles if--.
    thanks!
    I think Eden is OK. But I'm not as drawn into the story as I am with Tinsel Town.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Spectacular Member

I get them all. It's great having a variety that isn't all ongoing. There is only one regular ongoing which is an anthology.

i really enjoyed Midnight Mystery #1, but like a jackass i didn't order #2 so i haven't read issues 2-4. i liked it enough that i pre-ordered vol 2.

Spectacular Member

I have a good number of Alterna's output reserved on my pull list. They're a GREAT value at either $1.50 or $1.99 with more pages than the typical Marvel or DC book. And the newsprint is satisfying. If your LCS doesn't carry them, you can order directly from Alterna.

Actual Roger is written by a guy who was involved in the original Tick cartoon and has that same vibe. Exilium is good in a Star Trek way. Midnight Mystery is great and moody. Mighty Mascots is FUN. Unit 44 is pretty good. The anthology title It Came Out On A Wednesday is hit-and-miss like all anthologies.