Super Moderator

Default PREVIEWS: New Image Comics Titles Announced at Image Expo

Following 12 announcement at Image Expo, Image Comics has provided previews of new series including "Tokyo Ghost," "Drifter" and more.

Full article here.

Wasn't Image Expo in January?

Edit: Doh, you mean the keynote at SDCC!
    Last edited by AZBarbarian; 07-23-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Wow! All of them look interesting.

I'm waiting for Tokyo Ghost.

I love the creativity that has been pouring out of Image lately. Just keep it coming so I can savor this golden era of unconventional storytelling.

So much good stuff.
    BB

I recently dropped all of my big 2 books ( Only read Marvel not DC ) to concentrate on Independants ( Mostly Image except Afterlife with Archie & The Bunker ) because I got fed up with double shipping, $3.99, fill in artists, build quality of the comic, adds & event tie-ins. That gives me about 25 ( & no double shipping.....hoorah ) extra slots on my pull if needed, these announcements make me happy with that decision especially Intersect #1, Tokyo Ghost #1 & Tooth & Claw #1.

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    I recently dropped all of my big 2 books ( Only read Marvel not DC ) to concentrate on Independants ( Mostly Image except Afterlife with Archie & The Bunker ) because I got fed up with double shipping, $3.99, fill in artists, build quality of the comic, adds & event tie-ins. That gives me about 25 ( & no double shipping.....hoorah ) extra slots on my pull if needed, these announcements make me happy with that decision especially Intersect #1, Tokyo Ghost #1 & Tooth & Claw #1.

Only 25? You're gonna need to open that up to 35 or more.

And I wish I was joking but Image is absolutely killing it right now. I have LITERALLY 20 books on my upcoming list in the next 6 months that Image is launching, plus the 25 or so I already am collecting.
    Last edited by Dorktron; 07-25-2014 at 10:50 AM.

The way Image publishes a lot of their comics and the pricing definitely makes it easier to gravitate towards them... I don't know about 25 slots though, as much as I would like to.. still trying to put myself through grad school

One day, maybe. One day.

currently screaming incoherently about how much i love image.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Only 25? You're gonna need to open that up to 35 or more.

And I wish I was joking but Image is absolutely killing it right now. I have LITERALLY 20 books on my upcoming list in the next 6 months that Image is launching, plus the 25 or so I already am collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The way Image publishes a lot of their comics and the pricing definitely makes it easier to gravitate towards them... I don't know about 25 slots though, as much as I would like to.. still trying to put myself through grad school

One day, maybe. One day.

My original cut off was 60 issues but the double shipping from Marvel was killing me, I'll still pick some up in trade it's not like I didn't enjoy the books. I am actually trying to cut my pull-list down so the extra slots won't get used unless something fantastic comes along.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Ivan Brandon, yesssssssssssss
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song