Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

You're also invoking WWH, an event so inconsistent so as to be laughable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You're also invoking WWH, an event so inconsistent so as to be laughable.
    You mean with the "Hulk knocks around juggy" comment?

Eh, Hulk has other non WWH showings of tossing Juggy about.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You mean with the "Hulk knocks around juggy" comment?

Eh, Hulk has other non WWH showings of tossing Juggy about.
    I just mean WWH as a whole.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I just mean WWH as a whole.
    I get that, but I'm pretty sure nobody invoked WWH... except you?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I get that, but I'm pretty sure nobody invoked WWH... except you?
    *squints*

Welp.

You're certainly right, but I stand by what I said. This is where I run away now.

*kicks the Beef n' Cheddar sign down on his way out of Arby's*

Arx Inosaan

When did Apoc overpower Hulk?

There is that one time he had a chain in Hulks mouth (or on his neck?) and was choking the guy while pleading to speak, but iirc, that was like a 1 or 2 panel thing and we didn't see how it happened.

Like, I'm pretty sure I could restrain a powerlifter if I were to have a metal rope tied around their neck and face as I was cranking on it. Couldn't out lift them though.

Or is this some other instance?
    I seem to recall some other time they had fought before, but I can't find any record of it. Maybe I'm mis-remembering... ... or maybe it was in one of those 90s 99cent comics of questionably canoness that nobody ever seems to write anything about.

*squints*

Welp.

You're certainly right, but I stand by what I said. This is where I run away now.

*kicks the Beef n' Cheddar sign down on his way out of Arby's*
    The fact that you were a customer at all assures my victory. ;p
    - big_adventure

The fact that you were a customer at all assures my victory. ;p
    I was trying to corrupt the cashier. I only eat propane, and propane accessories.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I seem to recall some other time they had fought before, but I can't find any record of it. Maybe I'm mis-remembering... ... or maybe it was in one of those 90s 99cent comics of questionably canoness that nobody ever seems to write anything about.
    They fought when Hulk was the Horseman of War. He used celestial tech to overpower the Juggernaut's enchantment and BFR him.

Arx Inosaan

I was trying to corrupt the cashier. I only eat propane, and propane accessories.
    *pokes propane stain on Bearded Cthulhu's beard*

The "Strong Hairy Men" association is upset with your level of facial hair upkeep. Consider this strike 1.
    - big_adventure

*pokes propane stain on Bearded Cthulhu's beard*

The "Strong Hairy Men" association is upset with your level of facial hair upkeep. Consider this strike 1.
    I am neither hairy, nor a man. You have no power here.

I'm a SquidDragon.

Arx Inosaan

I am neither hairy, nor a man. You have no power here.

I'm a SquidDragon.
    You hipsters and your oh-so-trendy tentacle beards make me nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You hipsters and your oh-so-trendy tentacle beards make me nauseous.
    You have to admit, Hipsters are the most easily swayed by things "nobody's every heard of". Cthulhu, is certainly that.

Well ... not anymore.

Wait, I've made hypocrites out of Hipsters. GENIUS.

Arx Inosaan

There is that one time he had a chain in Hulks mouth (or on his neck?) and was choking the guy while pleading to speak, but iirc, that was like a 1 or 2 panel thing and we didn't see how it happened.
    That's a bit downplaying the scene to the point of overexaggeration. Apocalypse wasn't "pleading" or something that otherwise implies he was at some disadvantage. He was certainly telling the Hulk to stop struggling and had him overpowered with via using own body cables as handheld ropes of sorts (one around his neck and the other one the Hulk was trying to.. bite off? for some reason) to the point that when he let the Hulk go, the Hulk's immediate reaction was to clutch at himself and choke for a panel while Apocalypse self importantly monologues.

It's also pretty much a scene of physical grappling, it's difficult to try and read into it "clearly Apocalypse did some whole complex thing to set up the Hulk that way via intricate ninja ambushes and machine lattices we just don't see." It's just the two of them in the desert outside it. The previous issue was Apocalypse teleporting the Hulk to his base. The most you can note is "then they moved to the desert."

https://imgur.com/a/roGy9jE

https://imgur.com/a/YgFJuyn
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-18-2018 at 02:43 PM.

edit: nevermind, forgot it was another one of ColonelGM's troll threads.