Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    That's not glued, but it will be pretty tight and probably won't lay flat. Its pretty standard for an IDW binding job.
    It's glued and sewn. My copy of 'Last stand of the Wreckers' which IDW published is only sewn. It opens totally flat.

Guess I'll be picking up TMNT v01 when I have the funds. My thanks to those who updated us on it's new release date. I would have completely missed this otherwise.

got my copy of TMNT deluxe and the binding is actually quite good. Not super awesome good but much better than I thought it would be based on the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Does anyone know what the print and built quality is like on IDW Compendiums?

There's a 30 days of night compendium coming out in July but I don't want to buy it if it's going to fall apart like non-Image compendiums, looking at you Top Cow.
    i'd of been interested in that if it was HC, although the quality did go down hill after the first couple of series

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i'd of been interested in that if it was HC, although the quality did go down hill after the first couple of series
    That's fine. I've got the walking dead, invincible, rising stars and attack on titan compendiums. it will fit right in. and if it has crappy ass binding, it's going right next to rising stars.

Spectacular Member

If anyone is on the fence about the new TMNT: IDW Collection HC, get it. I got mine yesterday and I've already read half of it. The book is very well-made. True, the binding doesn't bow up so that the pages sit completely flat, but every single page has stayed open from cover to cover. I haven't noticed any gutter loss either, and I'm in the middle of the book. They include a very detailed table of contents with page numbers and credits for each issue. As you read, you get a cover with issue # and title before each issue, and variant covers at the end.

The book is completely silent as I open and close it. Generally I'm used to some sort of creaking or cracking with large books, especially if I think there is glue involved. This one feels very sturdy. It's surprisingly heavy given its size, and I think that's testament to the quality stock used and the very solid covers and binding.

It's been my first foray into TMNT comics whatsoever and I'm so pleased to be reading it in this book. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    If anyone is on the fence about the new TMNT: IDW Collection HC, get it. I got mine yesterday and I've already read half of it. The book is very well-made. True, the binding doesn't bow up so that the pages sit completely flat, but every single page has stayed open from cover to cover. I haven't noticed any gutter loss either, and I'm in the middle of the book. They include a very detailed table of contents with page numbers and credits for each issue. As you read, you get a cover with issue # and title before each issue, and variant covers at the end.

The book is completely silent as I open and close it. Generally I'm used to some sort of creaking or cracking with large books, especially if I think there is glue involved. This one feels very sturdy. It's surprisingly heavy given its size, and I think that's testament to the quality stock used and the very solid covers and binding.

It's been my first foray into TMNT comics whatsoever and I'm so pleased to be reading it in this book. Let me know if you have any other questions!
    What size is it? Deluxe or bigger?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    What is the understood meaning of Deluxe? I understand that to = Omni, as in Marvel/DC standard Omni size. If that's what you mean by Deluxe, it's those dimensions.
    I'd take 'bigger' to mean Absolute, Admantium/Vibranium or Artist Edition.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    What size is it? Deluxe or bigger?
    it's as tall as a Marvel deluxe but a few millimeters less wide.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

anybody know if tmnt, locke and key, and kill shakespeare are the same size? im assuming they would be right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's as tall as a Marvel deluxe but a few millimeters less wide.
    I did think it looks a little "slim" from the front. Still isn't noticeable while reading though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    anybody know if tmnt, locke and key, and kill shakespeare are the same size? im assuming they would be right?
    Locke & Key is strangely a couple of millimeters taller than my TMNT book.

Mighty Member

This seems to be the norm for IDW HC's. I have 5 volumes of GI JOE: IDW Collection and they all vary in height to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    I did think it looks a little "slim" from the front. Still isn't noticeable while reading though.
    it's not a problem at all, just saying. Currently it's next to the LOEG omni on the shelf (don't ask me why, that's where I could fit it) and it is definitely slimmer a bit.

Incredible Member

Yes, definitely get the tmnt hardcover! Received mine this week and I love it!