Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Anyone heard anything new regarding the Godzilla Half-Century War HC? The Collected Editions Release Schedule has it coming out this week, with Amazon (US) slated for the 22nd. If Amazon is behind by two weeks as they can be sometimes, that means we could see a release on IST and other online retailers, but it's not listed on the "coming soon" list.
    "1000 Books Read in 2015" Status as of 8/11/2015: 706

Reading: Chew, 52

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Anyone heard anything new regarding the Godzilla Half-Century War HC? The Collected Editions Release Schedule has it coming out this week, with Amazon (US) slated for the 22nd. If Amazon is behind by two weeks as they can be sometimes, that means we could see a release on IST and other online retailers, but it's not listed on the "coming soon" list.
    IST's coming soon section is garbage. It doesn't list everything and they never update release dates if they change. CGN has it listed as coming out this week in their coming soon section, but I'd check the new releases list at the end of today to see if it actually is still coming out or not (CGN lists the weeks books as available even earlier in the week for some reason, it's a good way to keep up with what's coming out in a given week).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    IDW announced it on their facebook (not like with other stuff that I'm actually interested in -_- ). It's comming this wednesday.

Question for everyone: I've gotten all the IDW various G.I. JOE OHCs so far (the classic reprint OHCs and the IDW series season 1).

I'm looking to start getting the Transformer OHCs they are doing as well (8 volumes of "phase 1" and 2 so far for "phase 2").

Anyone out there can comment on the build and reproduction quality of these? I love the G.I. Joe ones - good quality builds, really like the design and layouts, perfect size, etc... I'm assuming the TF ones are identical, just wanted to verify before I dip my toes into this pond (or is it a lake, with 10 volumes so far? LOL)

thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Question for everyone: I've gotten all the IDW various G.I. JOE OHCs so far (the classic reprint OHCs and the IDW series season 1).

I'm looking to start getting the Transformer OHCs they are doing as well (8 volumes of "phase 1" and 2 so far for "phase 2").

Anyone out there can comment on the build and reproduction quality of these? I love the G.I. Joe ones - good quality builds, really like the design and layouts, perfect size, etc... I'm assuming the TF ones are identical, just wanted to verify before I dip my toes into this pond (or is it a lake, with 10 volumes so far? LOL)

thanks!
    I've got all the IDW series ones and have no complaints. The Phase 2 volume seems a little more flimsy to me than the older ones, but might just be my imagination.

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the October solicitations:

The Complete Voodoo, Vol. 1
    Various (w) • Matt Baker, The Iger Shop (a) • The Iger Shop (c)
    Good Girl Art, and old-skool horror art by the master Matt Baker and his associates from the infamous art group The Iger Shop!
    Filled with lurid pulp-fiction comics like "Zombie Bride," "The Weird Dead," and "The Crawling Horror." This large format, full-color book of terrors, is the first of three volumes and has a fear-filled and fascinating introduction by Mike "The Worst of Eerie Publications" Howlett!
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 208 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-455-9
    •WARNING: THIS BOOK IS NOT APPROVED BY PARENTS, THE GOVERNMENT, or THE COMICS CODE!
    •Voodoo has has put a spell on you! One of the weirdest, coolest, cheesiest, most bizarre, goriest Pre-Code comic books is being reprinted in its entirety.

GHOSTS AND GIRLS of Fiction House!
    Various (w) • Matt Baker, Maurice Whitman, and more (a) • Maurice Whitman (c)
    The publisher Fiction House was infamous for what anti-comics crusader Dr. Fredric Wertham called "headlight comics," i.e. comics featuring the ample female bosom. The Pre-Code publisher used their buxom heroines to star in jungle comics, science fiction tales, and scary GHOST STORIES!
    The Chilling Archives of Horror Comics series curates the sexiest and scariest of these poltergeist-infused Good Girl Art comics in a pulse-pounding tome! Your hair will stand on end and at the same time your toes will curl!
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 152 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-404-7
    •Contains faithfully reprinted original art from these 1940s and 1950s classics!
    •Art by brilliant masters Matt Baker, Maurice Whitman, and more! Don't miss this must-have, large format collection edited by comics historian and filmmaker Michael Price, with its lovingly restored comics.

Gil Kane's Undersea Agent
    Steve Skeates, Gardner Fox (w) • Gil Kane (a) • Gil Kane, Ryan Brown (c)
    After the job was done for the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, a new force was revealed in UNDERSEA AGENT! Helmed by comics master Gil Kane, this special hardcover collection includes all of his work from the short-lived series. A must-have for Kane fans, and Tower Comics collectors.
    HC • FC • $17.99 • 72 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-444-3
    •Fully re-mastered story pages!
    •Perfect companion to T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS: THE BEST OF WALLY WOOD.

Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Hunter S. Thompson (w) • Troy Little (adaptation, a & c)
    In proud partnership with the Hunter S. Thompson Estate, Top Shelf Productions is pleased to announce Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a delightfully bonkers graphic novel by Eisner-nominated artist Troy Little adapting Thompson's seminal book of the same name. Join Thompson's alter ego Raoul Duke on the mother of all Vegas benders, as he and his attorney Dr. Gonzo cover a motorcycle race, crash a drug-enforcement convention, and rack up obscenely large room-service bills, all while dosed to the gills on a truly spectacular assortment of mind-altering substances.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 176 pages • ISBN: 978-1-60309-375-0

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Nemo Trilogy Slipcase Edition
    Alan Moore (w) • Kevin O'Neill (a & c)
    With a classic two-fisted spirit of adventure, Alan Moore & Kevin O'Neill explore stunning new horizons of their League of Extraordinary Gentlemen universe with the bestselling Nemo trilogy! These spinoff graphic novels follow the terrifying pirate queen Janni Nemo in her confrontations with unearthly Antarctic horrors (Heart of Ice), mechanical metropolitan monstrosities (The Roses of Berlin), and depraved tropical tyrants (River of Ghosts). Now, these handsome hardcovers are joined in a magnificent slipcase gloriously illustrated by Kevin O'Neill.
    HC W/Slipcase • FC • $39.99 • 168 pages • ISBN: 978-1-60309-381-1

Popeye Classics, Vol. 7
    Bud Sagendorf (w & a & c)
    Re-presenting the classic Popeye comic book series that debuted in 1948 by Bud Sagendorf, the long-time assistant to creator E.C. Segar! Carefully reproduced from the original comic books and lovingly restored, volume 7 contains issues #30–34. Also included are more of Sagendorf's gloriously funny one-pagers, rare photos, and extra artwork!
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 200 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-447-4

Ragnarök, Vol. 1: Last God Standing
    Walter Simonson (w & a & c)
    Ragnarök…the Twilight of the Gods in Norse mythology…the destruction of the Nine Worlds. And now, three hundred years later, the birth of vengeance. Walter Simonson returns to comics in this stunning all-new series.
    HC • 7" x 11" • 148 Pages • $24.99 • ISBN: 978-1-63140-068-1
    Ragnarök, Vol. 1: Last God Standing - Deluxe Incentive Edition
    Walter Simonson (w & a & c)
    FOR EVERY 10 COPIES PURCHASED OF THE REGULAR EDITION OF RAGNARÖK, RETAILERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO BUY 1 COPY.
    HC w/slipcase • 7" x 11" • 148 Pages • $25.00 net cost item • ISBN: 978-1-63140-478-8
    •Ask your retailer about the special, slipcased, deluxe incentive version, complete with a bound-in sketch and signature from Walter Simonson!

Sam Kieth's The Maxx Artist's Edition HC
    Sam Kieth, William Messner-Loebs (w) • Sam Kieth (a & c)
    Kieth has long been one of comics most unique talents. Starting with his career-making turn on Wolverine in Marvel Comics Presents, followed by the best-selling Maxx series, and then Aliens, Batman, Epicurus the Sage, and more, Sam's beautiful and delicate line-work have earned him legions of devoted fans. But now is your chance to see his pages as close to the original art as possible—as if you were peering over his shoulder onto his drawing board!
    This artist's edition will collect the first 6 issues of The Maxx and present a selection of gorgeous covers—all at their full size, all scanned from the original art, and all produced by the multiple Eisner Award-winning Artist's Edition team at IDW Publishing!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 168 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-479-5
    •Each copy of the first printing will feature a bound in signature plate signed by Sam Kieth at no extra charge!
    •These issues were the basis for the cult-favorite cartoon on MTV.
    •Advance-solicited for December release!

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives, Vol. 4
    Arnold Drake, John David Warner, Gerry Boudreau (w) • Alberto Giolitti, Sal Trapani (a) • Michael Stribling (c)
    Boldly going… where it all started! Presenting the first comic book adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise and her crew! Fully remastered with new colors, volume 4 collects issues #19–24, including the stories "The Haunted Asteroid," "A World Gone Mad," "The Mummies of Heitus VII," "Siege in Superspace," "Child's Play," and "The Trial of Captain Kirk."
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 164 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-449-8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Nemo Trilogy Slipcase Edition
    Alan Moore (w) • Kevin O'Neill (a & c)
    With a classic two-fisted spirit of adventure, Alan Moore & Kevin O'Neill explore stunning new horizons of their League of Extraordinary Gentlemen universe with the bestselling Nemo trilogy! These spinoff graphic novels follow the terrifying pirate queen Janni Nemo in her confrontations with unearthly Antarctic horrors (Heart of Ice), mechanical metropolitan monstrosities (The Roses of Berlin), and depraved tropical tyrants (River of Ghosts). Now, these handsome hardcovers are joined in a magnificent slipcase gloriously illustrated by Kevin O'Neill.
    HC W/Slipcase • FC • $39.99 • 168 pages • ISBN: 978-1-60309-381-1
    So, other than a slipcase, nothing really new or exciting or deserving of a double-dip about this if we already own the individual hardcovers, huh? I was kinda hoping for a larger volume with the whole Nemo trilogy...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Box Set, Vol. 1
    Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz (w) • Dan Duncan, Andy Kuhn, Ben Bates (a) • Eastman (c)
    TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and writer Tom Waltz guide readers through a ground-breaking new origin, and into epic tales of courage, loyalty and family. The Turtles and their allies battle for survival against enemies old and new in the dangerous streets and sewers of New York City. Includes TMNT volumes #1–5.
    TPB • 520 Pages • 6.5" x 10.5" • $89.99 • ISBN: 978-1-63140-472-6
    Don't see this one posted in the thread yet. This one sort of has me scratching my head. It only collects issues #1-20, versus the HC IDW Collection which collects $1-12 plus 5 micros. So the IDW Collection is more "complete" in the sense of collecting all things in chronological order, plus it's a nicer format, yet this TPB has a higher per-issue cost. Perhaps there are some sort of unique extras, but the page count lines up exactly with the page count of TPBs 1-5.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    So, other than a slipcase, nothing really new or exciting or deserving of a double-dip about this if we already own the individual hardcovers, huh? I was kinda hoping for a larger volume with the whole Nemo trilogy...
    Yes, they have done the same thing with From Hell and its companion.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

I know over in the Marvel and DC threads "your guess is as good as ours", but I know literally nothing about IDW's publishing patterns, so here goes:

How likely is their current TMNT series to see continued publication in hardcover. The IDW Collection is a gorgeous, comprehensive book full of great stories, but I've just but the two following trades only to find that they don't collect the Microseries issues that fall in between them and at £13.50 a pop are overpriced for 4-issue trades.

I'd love to continue with this series but I don't know how often to expect these hardcover and don't want to start buying disjointed trades and having to have two books open to follow a series in the right order. I know, first world problems and all that, but I'd rather be patient and just do it right, y'know?

So: can we take anything from the previous Turtles or Transformers or whichever books they've come out with and put together a reasonable ETA? Or is in the wind like with the Big Two?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Their publishing pattern seems a bit hard to discern as well. They've had delays on books on top of long solicitations between volumes.
    As for TMNT it seems likely they will continue doing the HC's just as they have for Transformers and G.I.Joe. The entire runs of those series produced by IDW have seen completion in hardcover. Still waiting on them to solicit vol.8 of the Joe Marvel reprints also. They are about to finish up the Eastman&Laird Ultimate Collection when vol.6 of that hits, however the color version of the same series is still waiting for a vol.4 solicit.

Likewise their Star Trek Stardate Collection which had vol.1 in Fall '13 and vol.2 in Spring '14 has yet to see a vol.3 even solicited and we are at midway of '15.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Their publishing pattern seems a bit hard to discern as well. They've had delays on books on top of long solicitations between volumes.
    As for TMNT it seems likely they will continue doing the HC's just as they have for Transformers and G.I.Joe. The entire runs of those series produced by IDW have seen completion in hardcover. Still waiting on them to solicit vol.8 of the Joe Marvel reprints also. They are about to finish up the Eastman&Laird Ultimate Collection when vol.6 of that hits, however the color version of the same series is still waiting for a vol.4 solicit.

Likewise their Star Trek Stardate Collection which had vol.1 in Fall '13 and vol.2 in Spring '14 has yet to see a vol.3 even solicited and we are at midway of '15.
    Only a guess, but one would assume it all depends on how well those books sell. We've not seen the next season of Joe IDW books, which makes me think Season 1 is all we're going to get.
    We haven't seen any solicits for Joe Classic since vol 7 came out, which is worrisome as well, but hopefully that'll keep chugging along.
    TF seems to be a decent seller, as they completed 8 vols of phase 1, and are now 2 vols into phase 2 (vol 2 is out in AUG).
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I sent a Tweet to IDW asking about the ST Stardate vol.3.
    Now to see if I get a response.

I'm also a bit concerned about not having a solicit for classic Joe vol.8 as the pattern had been once the current volume was near release, the next volume got solicited.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Saw this on Amazon re:Works volume 4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1631...s=turtles+work

On that subject, what would you all recommend, Color Classics or b/w with extras?