Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yet they still can't seem to even release their own tmnt series HC's on schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    IDW is absolutely bleeding TMNT, especially Kevin Eastman's work, dry. I can't blame them, and good for them if it sells, but I don't know who in the world is actually buying all of these workprints and notebooks and one-off annual deluxe HCs and whatnot. Plus original B&W, variant cover B&W, colored editions, etc. And then all of the Red Band/Black/Blue/Johnnie Walker labeled deluxe editions. The only thing that even compares is DC's treatment of Batman with TPBs/HCs/Deluxe/Absolute/Noir/Unwrapped/Omnibus/Artist Editions. I know TMNT are popular but with the way IDW reprints that material you'd think they were the second most popular franchise on Earth next to Batman.
    also they have a crossover with Batman :P
    and agreed with awayne83, one would think they would pump out the current ongoing as fast as they can but no, one volume a year.

Fantastic Member

And the HCs from the May solicitations:

Angry Birds: The Art of the Angry Birds Movie
    Jim Sorensen (w) • Various (a & c)
    Angry Birds: The Art of The Angry Birds Movie takes you on a whirlwind tour of one of the most anticipated movies of 2016. With a vivid palette and larger-than-life characters, you'll see Red, Chuck, Bomb, Matilda, King Mudbeard, Terrance, Mighty Eagle, and the rest of the Angry Birds cast like never before. From the lush and vibrant Bird Village to the top of Eagle Mountain to the insanely industrial Piggy Island, this volume brings a host of witty and whimsical worlds to life. Peek behind the scenes to learn how the creators turned simple video-game sprites into fully-realized CGI movie stars. You won't want to miss out on Angry Birds: The Art of The Angry Birds Movie!
    HC • FC • $39.99 • 160 pages • 8" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-604-1
    •Movie releases May 20, 2016!

Ashley Wood
    Ashley Wood (a & c)
    The entirety of the Ashley Wood portfolio comes to bookshelves with this massive collection of all things Wood. Revel in the rich and textured world of Wood among 600 pages of luscious artwork!
    HC • FC • $75.00 • 600 pages • 12" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-618-8
    •The most Ashley Wood artwork ever collected in one book! A must-have for fans!

The Complete Chester Gould's Dick Tracy, Vol. 20: 1961 -- 1962
    Chester Gould (w & a & c)
    Dick Tracy embarks on a seven-month-long complicated manhunt when he relentlessly tracks the Brush and a million-dollar sack of cash—but with his foe on the lam without his trademark face wig, Tracy doesn't even know what the murderer looks like! The strip enters its fourth decade as Chester Gould also presents a poignant story that rivals the "Model" narrative, when Tracy has to protect Junior from disturbing news about an important figure from the boy's past. Included are all strips from February 20, 1961 through August 26, 1962.
    HC • B&W • $39.99 • 280 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-605-8

G.I. JOE: The Complete Collection, Vol. 9
    Larry Hama (w) • Herb Trimpe, Marshall Rogers, Rod Whigham, Ron Wagner, Don Hudson (a) • N/A (c)
    Presenting the full run of original G.I. JOE comics in proper reading order. Includes an introduction and issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo. Collects issues #77 -- 83 of A REAL AMERICAN HERO and issues #14 -- 19 of SPECIAL MISSIONS.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 356 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-607-2
    •The in-depth look at Marvel's classic G.I. JOE run continues!

Little Nemo In Slumberland Deluxe Edition
    Eric Shanower (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    The Eisner Award-winning tale by Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez is re-presented in a glorious deluxe, oversized package. This striking, all-ages collection includes the original four-issue series, plus never-before-seen pitch artwork from Shanower, and a detailed look at the process employed by Shanower, Rodriguez, and their editors to reinvent a celebrated property! Join Nemo as you Return to Slumberland for an experience like none other!
    HC • FC • $39.99 • 156 pages • 8" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-574-7
    •Eisner Award-winning series goes oversized and deluxe!
    •EVERY copy will a tip-in plate, signed by Gabriel Rodriguez! Limited to the first printing only!

Marvel Covers: The Modern Era Artist's Edition: Sam Kieth Cover
    Arthur Adams, J. Scott Campbell, Alan Davis, Jim Lee, Sam Kieth, Todd McFarlane, John Romita Jr., Joe Quesada, Marc Silvestri, and more (a) • Sam Kieth (c)
    Volume two of Marvel Covers charts NEW territory—literally—featuring covers from the last 25 years! Included in this volume will be gorgeous selections by a vast array of talents as they interpret many of Marvel's most iconic characters and titles! Marvel Covers Artist's Edition Volume One was a smash hit, soon going into a second printing—don't be caught short on what will be one of the most exciting Artist's Editions of the year!
    HC • FC • $75.00 net cost item • 144 pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-646-1
    Marvel Covers: The Modern Era Artist's Edition: Todd McFarlane Cover
    Arthur Adams, J. Scott Campbell, Alan Davis, Jim Lee, Sam Kieth, Todd McFarlane, John Romita Jr., Joe Quesada, Marc Silvestri, and more (a) • Todd McFarlane (c)
    HC • FC • $75.00 net cost item • 144 pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-647-8
    •Advance solicited for July release!
    •Covers by industry legends Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Sam Kieth, Arthur Adams, J. Scott Campbell, Alan Davis, John Romita Jr., Joe Quesada, Marc Silvestri and more!

Mickey Mouse: Timeless Tales, Vol. 1
    Andrea "Casty" Castellan, Giorgio Cavazzano, Bill Wright, Paul Murry, Jonathan Gray (w & a) • Andrea "Casty" Castellan (c)
    "Oh, fer gosh sakes!" IDW's first six issues of Mickey Mouse are gathered in a luxurious, collector's volume... including great works by Andrea "Casty" Castellan, Giorgio Cavazzano, Bill Wright—and sinful star turns by classic villains like the Phantom Blot, Pegleg Pete, and Professors Ecks and Doublex! With special extras for true Disney Comics aficionados, this Mickey compendium provides pages of history and excitement.
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 260 pages • 7.25" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-580-8
    •Beautiful hardcover perfect for Disney collectors!

My Little Pony: Adventures in Friendship, Vol. 5
    Thom Zahler, Rob Anderson, Jeremy Whitley (w) • Thom Zahler, Amy Mebberson (a) • Sara Richard (c)
    This volume of Adventures in Friendship collects two stories featuring Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor. Then Shining Armor has an adventure with Prince Blueblood!
    HC • FC • $12.99 • 76 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-610-2
    •Great All-Ages Fun!

Skylanders: Secret Agent Secrets
    Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • Fico Ossio, Jack Lawrence (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
    Secrets revealed! With the world crashing down around them, a new team of Skylanders called the Superchargers take center stage to try and stop an insidious evil poised to takes over all of Skylands! Who is this new malevolent force and what exactly do they have to do with the long missing Skylanders Elite Squad of Boomer, Voodood, and Ghost Roaster?! Another full-throttle, action-adventure Skylanders story is here!
    HC • FC • $12.99 • 80 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-581-5
    •Great All-Ages Fun!

Weird Love: I Joined A Teen-Age Sex Cult
    Various (w) • Bob Powell, Alice Kirkpatrick, Alberta Tewks, George Evans (a) • Bob Powell (c)
    Deranged, outrageous, oddball, kitchy, crazy, depraved, and essential romance comics from the 1950s and '60s sure to blow your mind and bust your gut with laughter!
    Read: "I Joined a Teenage Sex Cult," "Savage Love," "Men Were My Business," "Cracked Up," "Black Marketeer," "Call Me Wicked," "I Married A Maniac," "He Called Me Jail Bait," plus a sordid story of Clown Fetish: "The Love She Didn't Want!" and many more bizarro comics!
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 160 pages • 7.5" x 9.75" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-616-4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    G.I. JOE: The Complete Collection, Vol. 9
    Larry Hama (w) • Herb Trimpe, Marshall Rogers, Rod Whigham, Ron Wagner, Don Hudson (a) • N/A (c)
    Presenting the full run of original G.I. JOE comics in proper reading order. Includes an introduction and issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo. Collects issues #77 -- 83 of A REAL AMERICAN HERO and issues #14 -- 19 of SPECIAL MISSIONS.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 356 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-607-2
    •The in-depth look at Marvel's classic G.I. JOE run continues!
    Going to continue getting this series, but it might be an interesting idea if they got someone else to take over the endnotes. Anyone else think so?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm enjoying the G.I. Joe Complete Collection as well, though I'm a few volumes behind it's good knowing they are there when I get around to them.
    At this rate it's going to take at least again as many volumes to complete the whole run. That's going to be a huge library of books. I with they would do this with the Marvel Transformers line instead of the softcover TPB. Heck, I wish they'd resume the ST: Stardate collection but that's clearly not happening.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Fishing on Amazon. Looks like the Alack Sinner reprint from IDW is 392 pages, 8x11 softcover and is set to be released July 19, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Fishing on Amazon. Looks like the Alack Sinner reprint from IDW is 392 pages, 8x11 softcover and is set to be released July 19, 2016.
    and it's the LoAC Euro stuff so it will be quality tpb like Corto.
    Definitely getting it!

I wrote to IDW to ask about the Steranko Captain America /Fury Artist's Edition which was solicited a year ago (I pre-ordered and pre-paid my LCBS for it). They responded that due to unforeseen production problems it was delayed indefinitely.
    Not happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I wrote to IDW to ask about the Steranko Captain America /Fury Artist's Edition which was solicited a year ago (I pre-ordered and pre-paid my LCBS for it). They responded that due to unforeseen production problems it was delayed indefinitely.
    Not happy right now.
    "unforeseen production problems" LOL. That's a good one. It's Steranko himself who's holding up the publication because he can't seem to finish his designs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    "unforeseen production problems" LOL. That's a good one. It's Steranko himself who's holding up the publication because he can't seem to finish his designs.
    After a year?!? Are you sure about this? He did the first Fury Edition on time. If so, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    After a year?!? Are you sure about this? He did the first Fury Edition on time. If so, it sucks.
    Yeah, seems like. Over in the Artist's Edition thread on the MMW forums, Scott Dunbier is a regular. He mentioned several months ago already that they're just waiting for Steranko to finish the interior designs and artwork (btw, the Fantagraphics Prince Valiant AE is about to give the second Steranko AE a run for its money when it comes to delays; it's originally been solicited for last October but now it's already October this year).

Yeah, seems like. Over in the Artist's Edition thread on the MMW forums, Scott Dunbier is a regular. He mentioned several months ago already that they're just waiting for Steranko to finish the interior designs and artwork (btw, the Fantagraphics Prince Valiant AE is about to give the second Steranko AE a run for its money when it comes to delays; it's originally been solicited for last October but now it's already October this year).
    that PV AE is gonna be like 100 quid and probably wont even fit through the door but damn, Foster's art in it's original form must be a sight!

Thanks, do you know about when that was? (lots of pages in that one)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Going to continue getting this series, but it might be an interesting idea if they got someone else to take over the endnotes. Anyone else think so?
    Oh god yes, Bellomo's awful. Loads of his notes are pointless or inaccurate and he seems to think a thesaurus is a suitable substitute for writing style. Plus his brown-nosing of Hama is borderline embarrassing. I skip over all his (increasingly inflated) annotations now and don't feel the worse off for it.

Still, it's not as bad as his work on Transformers Classics, where he was content to only do the bare minimum, until presumably someone pointed out all the work James Roberts puts into the UK ones, so Bellomo just started lifting pages of notes straight off the TFwiki and running them through his thesaurus.

Since Ii prepaid my LCBS for the Steranko AE that is indefinitely delayed, I can ask them for a replacement book.

I am considering either the first Steranko Shield book (if still available) or the Buscema Sliver Surfer edition. (I'd go with the new Kirby Thor AE, but those earlier Kirby / Colleta books they chose weren't as appealing as later ones.)

Any thoughts?