Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default IDW Reprints and Collections

What IDW reprints and collections have you been reading or want to discuss?

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2852/

IDW recently set up a new imprint called EuroComics run by Dean Mullaney from the Library of American Comics, designed to reprint European comics in English, starting with the complete Corto Maltese.

In addition we have IDW's IDW edition hardcovers of TMNT, Transformers and GI Joe

I just preordered the TMNT volume
    Last edited by Gryphon; 07-23-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Anyone know if/when IDW plans on releasing the new TMNT series in OHC format like they do with GI Joe and Transformers? Seems like they're far enough along to warrant these (not to mention the microseries). I did just notice some of the heroes micro series has been collected for October release, seems like a weird place to start considering they do their other series chronologically (though i imagine these stories are self contained).
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-23-2014 at 08:38 PM.

I picked up The Maxx Maximized vol.1 and its great.It reprints the issues from the 90's Image stuff.I'm def gonna pick up vol.2.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Anyone know if/when IDW plans on releasing the new TMNT series in OHC format like they do with GI Joe and Transformers? Seems like they're far enough along to warrant these (not to mention the microseries). I did just notice some of the heroes micro series has been collected for October release, seems like a weird place to start considering they do their other series chronologically (though i imagine these stories are self contained).
    http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...idw+collection

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The only books I've picked up are the GI Joe Complete Collections and the first two X-Files Classics volumes. They're all of excellent quality, and great values for the price.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

I've been checking my pre-orders. And from IDW are :

- Locke & Key Slipcase Set
    - Kill Shakespeare: Backstage Edition Volume 1
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection Volume 1
    - Red Star: Deluxe Edition Volume 1

Not a pre-order, but in my amazon's cart :

- In The Dark: A Horror Anthology

And already on my shelf :

- Ghostbusters: Total Containment

Some other stuff from IDW that I already have are those little omnibus (Silent Hill, Zomnibus, Clive Barker). It's a good size and thick enough to read in flights (for instance).
    Last edited by ru1880; 07-24-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I've got the newer editions of the Classics Transformers and all of the Classic G.I. Joe trades. The Complete Collection HCs are great!
    I'm just now getting the TMNT HC sets, and am really impressed with the notes by Eastman & Laird.
    I'm really disappointed in the Archie TMNT Adventures reprints. $20 for 4 issues and poor, poor paper. I've got the originals that look better than these...kinda confused as to why these are so poor.

Mighty Member

I recently came across the Cobra: the last laugh HC and was wondering if anyone knew if these issues are covered in the GI: Joe IDW collection HC's?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I recently came across the Cobra: the last laugh HC and was wondering if anyone knew if these issues are covered in the GI: Joe IDW collection HC's?
    Quick google search and it seems some of the issues are collected elsewhere too, like G.I. Joe: Cobra Ii #1-4 is in the vol3 hc too. Also, several of these issues could be in the Cobra civil war compendium tpb.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

For anyone interested, IST (http://instocktrades.com) is having a big sale, and tons of IDW collections are included.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Thanks, bought 3 Judge Dredd deluxe hardcovers. Could someone recommend anything about TMNT, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Thanks, bought 3 Judge Dredd deluxe hardcovers. Could someone recommend anything about TMNT, by the way?
    I'd recommend everything about TMNT

Or more usefully, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Muta...ds=turtles+idw

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I flicked through a copy of the Transformers UK Classics and I am bemused by these editions. The print is tiny, each page framed in a black border only to have more white space around it. I don't see why publishers like IDW or Marvel are so averse to publishing UK content in its original size, including Miracleman as well. Marvel reprints its MGNs from the 80s at a smaller size, but at least it doesn't look bad on the page, and they made the Spider-Man Graphic Novels HC oversized anyway. Otherwise, I can just stick with the Titan Books collections; even if the reproduction quality is lesser, the presentation is superior.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Quick google search and it seems some of the issues are collected elsewhere too, like G.I. Joe: Cobra Ii #1-4 is in the vol3 hc too. Also, several of these issues could be in the Cobra civil war compendium tpb.
    Yeah i didn't come across any actual issue listings only general descriptions of the story, so i wasn't sure. No need to double dip though as i plan to buy the Joe collections eventually.

BANNED

I've been reading the TMNT Ultimate collections and they're so fantastic. I've read the first two and starting with the third one today.