Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Speaking of TMNT, the IDW Collection volume 1 was pushed back (again) to April 7
    Well, that's lame.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Speaking of TMNT, the IDW Collection volume 1 was pushed back (again) to April 7
    It could be worse. They could have said April 1st.

Does anyone know anything about Locke and Key here? Just ordered the fancy versions of 2 and 3 from IST and currently looking for 1. They seem to come out ever year so has there been a solicitation for volume 4 this year?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Locke and Key here? Just ordered the fancy versions of 2 and 3 from IST and currently looking for 1. They seem to come out ever year so has there been a solicitation for volume 4 this year?
    Not yet but on another topic (probably general omnibus thread) there is quoted response from IDW stating that there will be a volume 4 this year.
    Last edited by vark; 02-23-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Spectacular Member

Sorry if it's been asked before, but where can I start with the modern IDW run of TMNT? They have so many different collections I'm not sure what's the best format/value/story/starting point/etc. I believe the run I'm referencing is the one with the beautiful cover of someone sitting in the branch of a cherry blossom tree.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Sorry if it's been asked before, but where can I start with the modern IDW run of TMNT? They have so many different collections I'm not sure what's the best format/value/story/starting point/etc. I believe the run I'm referencing is the one with the beautiful cover of someone sitting in the branch of a cherry blossom tree.
    asked the same a few weeks ago and got this for answer:
    http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...hf_gw_p_img_11

it's the first deluxe of the current IDW series and if you compare the content with the tpb-s and their prices, this new deluxe is clearly the winner.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    asked the same a few weeks ago and got this for answer:
    http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...hf_gw_p_img_11

it's the first deluxe of the current IDW series and if you compare the content with the tpb-s and their prices, this new deluxe is clearly the winner.
    Looks awesome! The IDW production quality is top notch - can't wait for this!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Does anyone have the Ghostbusters Total Containment HC from IDW? I notice it's in the IST sale section at the moment.
    Is it a good run of stories. Do the 16 issues contained within tell a story with a conclusion?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Does anyone have the Ghostbusters Total Containment HC from IDW? I notice it's in the IST sale section at the moment.
    Is it a good run of stories. Do the 16 issues contained within tell a story with a conclusion?
    My wife has it but hasn't read it yet. It is a nicely built book with nice cartoony graphics.

I don't know if it's a whole complete story or not but the rest of the series is coming out this summer: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1631403362/...=IP7IG0M23MB1K
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I haven't finished it but the first few issues are very good. If you're a Ghostbusters fan you'll most likely enjoy it. The build isn't anything spectacular. It has a pretty tight binding with a good amount of gutter loss.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for the GB feedback. I hadn't followed it closely but thought the GB ongoing was more than 16 issues. I'm guessing then that Total Containment is a logical stopping point and/or cliffhanger for the end of an arc. Now that I know the vol.2 is coming I'm a bit more inclined to get this, I'll have the whole story then.

While I don't generally dig the cartoony art style I think it can work for GB when done well.
    Placing this into my "may get pile" mentally.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Posted this in the General Omnibus thread a few minutes ago, but I guess it belongs here too.

This is the Metal Gear Solid deluxe that IDW put out a while ago. Really well built, great paper and the art looks really good. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Locke and Key Special Edition IST sale is now -50% instead of -75%, but it is still IMO a good deal for these beauties: http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...r-special.html

Fantastic Member

The June solicitations are out. Here are the HCs:

The Amazing Spider-Man: The Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection, Volume 1! 1977-1978
    Stan Lee (w) • John Romita (a & c)
    The wondrous wall-crawler's long-running newspaper strip by Stan Lee, John Romita, and others is given the deluxe Library of American Comics treatment, with all Sundays in color and integrated with the dailies—just as they originally appeared in newspapers worldwide. Edited by Bruce Canwell, this first volume includes the complete strips from the series start in 1977 through the end of 1978.
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 312 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-351-4
    •By legends Stan Lee and John Romita!
    •Advance solicited for July release!

American Barbarian: The Complete Series
    Tom Scioli (w & a & c)
    American Barbarian is a pop art odyssey from the artist and co-author of Transformers vs. G.I. JOE. A red-white-and-blue-haired hero must defend a post-post-apocalyptic world from the immortal Two-Tank Omen.
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 256 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-332-3
    •"Traditional comics with all of the familiar elements turned up as loud as the knobs will go, pedal-to-the-metal, flaming, screaming, guitar-soloing, ne plus ultra COMICS with a capital C, O, M, I, C, S." –Comic Book Resources

Bravo For Adventure
    Alex Toth (w & a & c)
    Alex Toth's magnum opus, collected in its entirety for the first time ever! This deluxe hardcover edition contains all three of The Genius's stories starring Jesse Bravo, knock-about pilot and reluctant swashbuckler, including the original graphic novel that's been out of print for 30 years. Also included are never-before-seen pencil roughs, preliminary drawings, and story fragments, as well as Toth's own coloring samples for an edition that never saw print, and—freed from storage after 40 years—some of the coloring for what was intended to be Bravo's original 1975 first printing in France! The ultimate Bravo for Adventure, published by special arrangement with the Toth family!
    HC • PC • $34.99 • 100 pages • 9.5" x 13" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-350-7
    •Collected in its entirety for the first time ever!

Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria Oversized Hardcover
    Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening, Doc Shaner (a) • Dan Shoening (c)
    Mass Hysteria collects the last 20 issues of the Ghostbusters series written by Erik Burnham with art by Dan Schoening, plus an art gallery, backup stories, and a new introduction by "Ray Stantz" himself, Dan Aykroyd!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 460 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-336-1
    •Introduction by the one and only Dan Aykroyd!

Inks, Drinks, and Catfinks! The Custom Cartoon Art of Shawn Dickinson
    Shawn Dickinson (a & c)
    Shawn Dickinson's first deluxe art book! Influenced by old comic strips, 1930's rubber hose cartoons, 1960's "kustom culture" art, pin-up art, and MAD magazine, this collection of cartoons, paintings, comics, and illustrations from the past decade covers a wide range of his personal art as well as professional illustration work for rock bands, companies such as Fender Guitars, Shaun White's clothing line, and much more. If you're a fan of cartoony art featuring surf= and hot-rod culture, rock n' roll art, beer drinking cats, sexy cartoon go-go girls, and bug-eyed weirdos, this book is for you!
    HC • FC • $39.99 • 224 pages • 11" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-340-8
    •"Shawn is a cartoonist after my own heart." –John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren & Stimpy

Johnny Boo Meets Dragon Puncher
    James Kochalka (w & a & c)
    James Kochalka, the first Cartoonist Laureate of Vermont, has been hailed by School Library Journal for creating "Just the right blend of sarcasm, silliness, and action to appeal to both child readers and to adults reading with their kids." Now, his two uproarious series collide, as "the best little ghost in the world" teams up with everyone's favorite robot-kitty-warrior to take on a terrifying Ice Dragon! When JOHNNY BOO meets DRAGON PUNCHER, the result is an explosion of adventure and fun.
    HC • FC • $9.99 • 40 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-368-2
    •From the winner of the Eisner Award for Best Publication for Early Readers!
    •Worlds collide! The Kochalkaverse will never be the same!

Mike Zeck's Classic Marvel Stories Artist's Edition HC
    J.M. DeMatteis, Steven Grant, David Anthony Kraft, Jim Shooter (w) • Mike Zeck (a & c)
    Mike Zeck is one of the classic artists of the 1980s, at the forefront of many of the best books and in demand by fans and editors alike. This unique Artist's Edition showcases some of Zeck's finest works—the first two issues of the initial Punisher miniseries, the first issue of Secret Wars, a classic two-part Captain America story (featuring Deathlok, Nick Fury and Spider-Man), and the first part of what is arguable one of the best Spider-Man sagas ever done... Kraven's Last Hunt! Additionally, there are extensive covers throughout, including many of Zeck's best!
    HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 192 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-391-0
    •Advance solicited for a July release!

Miracleman Artifact Edition HC
    The Original Writer (w) • Garry Leach, Alan Davis, John Totleben, and more (a) • John Totleben (c)
    Miracleman was launched 30 years ago in the now legendary Warrior magazine. It turned the concept of "super-hero" on its ear with big ideas that helped redefine an entire genre... when Miracleman fought Kid Miracleman on the streets of London... well, things would never be the same.
    And then there was the art.
    Miracle Man had a true knack for bringing out the best work from extraordinary artists. Starting with co-creator Garry Leach, followed by Alan Davis (and others) and finishing with one of the most amazing endings in comics history by the phenomenal John Totleben, Miracle Man was a work of art painted on a grand canvas, unlike anything before or since.
    HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 15" x 20" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-392-7
    •Advance solicited for August release!

Skylanders: Return of the Dragon King
    Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • Fico Ossio, Mike Bowden (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
    One of Spyro's most malevolent and powerful enemies makes his Skylanders debut! And nothing Spyro, Hex, Cynder or the rest of the Skylanders do can prepare them for the evil that is about to be unleashed! The return of the first purple dragon, MALEFOR!!!
    HC • FC • $9.99 • 80 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-268-5

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6
    Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and various (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
    The Ultimate Collection returns! The celebrated hardcover series collecting all the most important TMNT work by Eastman and Laird is back to present the best of the one-shots and short stories. Whether handled as a team or on their own with another creator, these stories expand the universe of TMNT and established the characters and story lines that are today so loved and revered.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 256 pages • 9" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-389-7
    •Final volume of the Ultimate Collection! Complete your set!
    •With annotations from Eastman and Laird!

X-Files Classics: Season One, Vol. 2
    Roy Thomas (w) • Alexander Saviuk, Val Mayerik, John Van Fleet, Sean Scoffield (a) • Paul Shipper (c)
    Collects the last four issues of adaptations of the first season by Topps Comics; "Space," "Fire," "Beyond The Sea," and "Shadows."
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 188 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-277-7
    •Volumes 1 and 2 collect all of the Season 1 adaptations!

Fantastic Member

And one big TPB:

Bacchus: Omnibus Edition, Vol. 1
    Eddie Campbell (w & a & c)
    Eddie Campbell's BACCHUS is a true epic, spanning a decade of work, over a thousand pages, and several millennia of alcohol consumption. In BACCHUS, the visionary behind FROM HELL (with Alan Moore) and ALEC: THE YEARS HAVE PANTS presents his version of "an American-style comic book," filtered through his own brilliant, whimsical, and wide-ranging sensibility. With a fine blend of action, comedy, suspense, and an ear for a great story, BACCHUS brings the gods and myths of ancient Greece to modern life, as if they had never left. Nearly 600 pages, this deluxe volume collects the first half of the BACCHUS saga (including Immortality Isn't Forever, The Gods of Business, Doing the Islands with Bacchus, The Eyeball Kid: One Man Show, and Earth, Water, Air & Fire) with new notes and commentary by the author.
    TPB • B&W • $39.99 • 576 pages • 7.5" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-026-1
    •"Bacchus mixes air hijacks and ancient gods, gangland drama and legends, police procedural and mythic fantasy, swimming pool cleaners and classics. It shouldn't work, of course, and it works like a charm...Eddie Campbell is the unsung King of comic books. ... The man's a genius, and that's an end to it."–Neil Gaiman
    •"A story of surprising richness and gravity... Bacchus stands as one of Eddie Campbell's crowning achievements as writer, artist, and executive creator."—The Comics Journal
    •" Campbell is one of the premier cartoonists of his generation."—Publishers Weekly