Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If this would be idw I wouldn't have much hope but it's actually dynamite so it might will happen although dynamite has a history of not releasing books that were supposed to come out too
    I stand corrected on the publisher - sorry about that. I get IDW & Dynamite confused for some reason; they're both independent publishers that have reprinted comics from other companies.

In any case, my question still stands re: this release - since the Amazon solicitation doesn't seem like it's confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    thanks! TMNT for September? I thought they are getting faster with these. Or maybe they are catching up with the trades and floppies?

Fantastic Member

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the relatively recent (2014-on) IDW HC Star Trek: Gold Key Archives editions. As a kid in the late '70's, I remember having one of the early Star Trek Gold Key Trades reprinting numerous issues of the series; it was the first CE (or pseudo-CE) that I ever remember getting. These were excellent stories w/great writing and art - and really captured the feel/tone of the original ST TV series.

Several years back, I considered starting to collect some of the ST Gold Key reprint Trades by Checker - but decided not to based on the poor reproduction.

I'm glad I waited, since I recently read #4 of these new HC IDW Gold Key reprints - fantastic repro., and obviously the HC aspect is a plus. I've only read one of these so far, but the reproduction/paper quality is superb, and I'm thinking about collecting the rest of them.

Hopefully IDW plans on reprinting the entire 61-issue GK series. Here are some interesting links:

http://lists.trekcollective.com/2015...ves-comic.html

http://curtdanhauser.com/Main.html
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 02-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I had wished that IDW continued with their HC Dlx format ST: Stardate series that only went two volumes. It seems Trek fans aren't able to commit to the HC format regularly enough?

Great news about TF phase 2 vol.6 and TMNT by IDW vol.5 being solicited. In my Amazon shopping cart now. Just waiting on TMNT The Works vol.6 now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

I just came across this info: Thankfully, IDW & Marvel will finally be reprinting the classic Star Wars Newspaper strips from the late '70's-early '80's in the original, unedited format. Volume 1 is scheduled to be out this April - this will apparently focus on the Russ Manning strips (the first ones):

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/literature...mics-revealed/

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC160604

This is amazing news. Though Dark Horse reprinted these comics in the early '90's, they were edited to form a more coherent storyline. The Russ Manning strips have never been reprinted in the unedited format before now. It will be nice to read these in the exact format I read them as a little kid back in the day - I remember cutting them out of the newspaper & taping them to cardboard - so I could both collect them & re-read them later.

Note that Russ Cochran publishing came out with the Al Williamson/Archie Goodwin strips in an unedited format in a 3-volume set back in the early '90's. Great set (I've read these, but don't own them) but this is prohibitively expensive these days. So, it will be nice to get these unedited strips in a much more affordable format - presumably they will be in the next two volumes of this series.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Well, I got tired of waiting, and waiting....AND WAITING for the release of G.I. JOE The Complete Collection Volume 9. Showed a release date of June 6th of 2017, BAM! Ordered, but still in pre-order status....ARGH!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    I just came across this info: Thankfully, IDW & Marvel will finally be reprinting the classic Star Wars Newspaper strips from the late '70's-early '80's in the original, unedited format. Volume 1 is scheduled to be out this April - this will apparently focus on the Russ Manning strips (the first ones):

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/literature...mics-revealed/

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC160604

This is amazing news. Though Dark Horse reprinted these comics in the early '90's, they were edited to form a more coherent storyline. The Russ Manning strips have never been reprinted in the unedited format before now. It will be nice to read these in the exact format I read them as a little kid back in the day - I remember cutting them out of the newspaper & taping them to cardboard - so I could both collect them & re-read them later.

Note that Russ Cochran publishing came out with the Al Williamson/Archie Goodwin strips in an unedited format in a 3-volume set back in the early '90's. Great set (I've read these, but don't own them) but this is prohibitively expensive these days. So, it will be nice to get these unedited strips in a much more affordable format - presumably they will be in the next two volumes of this series.
    I have the Russ Cochran set. LOL love hearing how expensive it is nowadays.

Is it true IDW was able to find some of the missing Russ Manning strips that DH could never find to reprint?

Vol 6 of the TMNT collection seems to be on BookDepository, 27/2/18. Strange? Haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Well, I got tired of waiting, and waiting....AND WAITING for the release of G.I. JOE The Complete Collection Volume 9. Showed a release date of June 6th of 2017, BAM! Ordered, but still in pre-order status....ARGH!
    I was just coming into this thread to inquire if anyone knew something about this volume.
    What's the hold up IDW?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Meadow View Post
    I have the Russ Cochran set. LOL love hearing how expensive it is nowadays.

Is it true IDW was able to find some of the missing Russ Manning strips that DH could never find to reprint?
    Yes. There were a couple of RM strips that weren't reprinted by DH back in the '90's - that are reprinted in the first SW IDW/Marvel newspaper strip volume (out now). Here's some more detail - look towards the bottom of this article:

https://geekdad.com/2017/05/idw-classic-star-wars/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Yes. There were a couple of RM strips that weren't reprinted by DH back in the '90's - that are reprinted in the first SW IDW/Marvel newspaper strip volume (out now). Here's some more detail - look towards the bottom of this article:

https://geekdad.com/2017/05/idw-classic-star-wars/
    May have to get this one volume then.

Fantastic Member

I have Alack Sinner in my hands from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I have Alack Sinner in my hands from Amazon.
    I'm kinda disappointed. Wish they've used better paper and done 4 thinner volumes instead of 2 chunky ones with bloody newsprint. The previous Euro comics releases were much better quality.

Also, anyone knows if the Classic transformers compendium and the Sciolli GI JOE- TF crossover deluxe ever gonna be released? Did they get cancelled?

Any news on when the Spider-man ultimate newspaper strips volume 4 will be published, thanks.
    Hail Hydra!