Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the December solicitations:

The Collected Essex County – Limited Edition
    Jeff Lemire (w & a & c)
    By popular demand, Top Shelf celebrates the award-winning masterpiece that made Jeff Lemire a household name! Set in an imaginary version of the author's hometown, ESSEX COUNTY is an intimate study of an eccentric farming community, and a tender meditation on family, memory, grief, secrets, reconciliation — and hockey. With his lush, expressive inking, Lemire draws us in and sets us free. This elegant foil-stamped slipcase edition features an exclusive letterpress bookplate signed & numbered by the author and is limited to 500 copies worldwide.
    HC • BW • $60.00 net cost item • 512 pages • UPC: 827714009194
    • "This is the comics medium at its best." — Booklist

Complete Little Orphan Annie, Vol. 12
    Harold Gray (w & a & c)
    It's hard to keep a good man down and Oliver Warbucks is no exception. With reports of his death greatly exaggerated, "Daddy" is back and this time, with World War II over, he has to fight off a cadre of international businessmen who want him to hand over the secret of the atomic bomb! Meanwhile, Annie discovers that lying dogs don't always stay put when she has to stand trial for murder! And in a classic Harold Gray tale, the little redhead finds respite on a seemingly bucolic farm run by a young woman and her grandfather—but all is not what it seems. Volume Twelve reprints all daily and Sunday strips from April 15, 1945 to January 11, 1947.
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 296 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-461-0

G.I. JOE: The Complete Collection, Vol. 8
    Larry Hama (w) • Ron Wagner, Tony Salmons, Herb Trimpe, Marshall Rogers (a) • N/A (c)
    Presenting the full run of original G.I. JOE comics in proper reading order. Includes an introduction by Mark W. Bellomo, issue notes, and vehicle gallery. Collects issues #68–76 of A Real American Hero and #10–13 of Special Missions.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 336 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-482-5

NOS4A2 Wraith Deluxe Edition
    Joe Hill (w) • Charles Paul Wilson III (a & c)
    This signed limited edition of Joe Hill's classic-in-the-making novel, NOS4A2 is signed by Joe Hill and Charles Paul Wilson III, and hand-numbered to 999. This new collection will include the 176 page graphic novel prequel, Wraith. Exclusively for this collection, Wraith series artist, Charles Paul Wilson III has created 26 illustrations (13 color, 13 black and white) a new full-color dust jacket and a map of Christmasland that will be used as end pages. Wilson will also be personalizing each Christmasland-themed signature plate with a small original sketch inside a gruesomely twisted advent calendar. This oversized hardcover is packaged in an ornate hand-built cloth slipcase, and features a debossed cloth cover.
    HC w/slipcase • FC • $150.00 • 864 pages • UPC: 8-27714-00976-7
    • Limited to 999 signed numbered hardcover copies, in hand built slipcases.
    • Each Deluxe Edition comes with an original small sketch by Charles Paul Wilson III!

Walt Disney's Donald Duck: The Daily Newspaper Comics, Vol. 2
    Bob Karp (w) • Al Taliaferro (a & c)
    From the Disney Vaults! The early Donald Duck daily strips are collected for the first time ever! This second volume includes 750 sequential daily comic strips from 1940 to 1942 drawn by Al Taliaferro and written by Bob Karp, and reproduced from pristine original material in the Disney Vaults!
    HC • BW • $39.99 • 272 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-502-0

Wally Wood's T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents: Artist's Edition Portfolio
    Wally Wood (a & c)
    Wally Wood is recognized as one of the finest talents to ever grace the comics medium. In the 1950s, he was one of the brightest stars in the legendary EC stable of artists, including being one of the key artists on the ground breaking MAD! In the 1960s, Wood reinvigorated Marvel's Daredevil, including designing the classic costume. Soon after Wood turned his sites on a new superhero venture—the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents! Wood co-created the team, including the iconic Dynamo! Now IDW proudly presents a selection of gorgeous Wood art, all scanned from the originals and printed at full size. Wood's art is increasingly rare and sought after by collectors, few have even seen his originals—don't miss this opportunity to own the next best thing, and at a fraction of the cost!
    HC Portfolio • BW • $50.00 • 12 individual plates • 15" x 22" • 978-1-63140-509-9

And also this TPB:

Star Trek: The John Byrne Collection
    John Byrne (w & a & c)
    Comics legend John Byrne brings new form to the Star Trek universe in this collection of tales from the final frontier. Includes Alien Spotlight: Romulans, Assignment: Earth, Romulans: Balance of Terror, Romulans: The Hollow Crown, Crew, Romulans: Schism, and Leonard McCoy, Frontier Doctor.
    TPB • FC • $34.99 • 488 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-491-7
    • "A fantastic volume that every John Byrne and Star Trek fan should have and enjoy." –PopMythology.com

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm still looking at November IDW books. I can't wait to get my hands on Ragnarok vol 1 HC by Simonson
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The TF Phase 2 vol. 3
    The TMNT IDW vol.2
    I'm looking forward to both of these as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'm still looking at November IDW books. I can't wait to get my hands on Ragnarok vol 1 HC by Simonson
    Have you already read it in floppies? Is it worth it? I love Norse mythology so I was tempted by this book...
    To release yourselves from this Web of Wisdom, this knotted Maze of Delirium,
    you must enter the nuclear portals of the Electric Castle!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Have you already read it in floppies? Is it worth it? I love Norse mythology so I was tempted by this book...
    Totally worth it.

Best/Walter

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    Totally worth it.

Best/Walter
    Hi Walter!

It will make a great Christmas gift......for myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Just want to preface this by saying I absolutely love Simonson. His Thor run is THE best Thor run ever IMO. And I'm a Thor fan. So I knew going into this that Simonson knew his Norse mythos and this book would be amazing. I read the first issue and stopped because I knew at that point that my initial thought was correct and I was going to love this book too and wanted to wait and get the HC and read all the issues at once.

So to answer your question, yes it's going to absolutely be worth it.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-21-2015 at 07:04 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Totally worth it.

Best/Walter
    Hey Uncle Walt!! Good to see you're posting here.

Outside of Ragnarok, do you have any plans on doing anything else, writing or art?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hey Uncle Walt!! Good to see you're posting here.

Outside of Ragnarok, do you have any plans on doing anything else, writing or art?
    I think Ragnarök is going to keep my schedule pretty well filled for the foreseeable future. If I could learn the trick of splitting myself into halves or thirds, that would help. As it is, I'm stuck.

Best/Walter

I think Ragnarök is going to keep my schedule pretty well filled for the foreseeable future. If I could learn the trick of splitting myself into halves or thirds, that would help. As it is, I'm stuck.

Best/Walter
    Lol, yeah I can see that. Thanks Uncle Walt and please keep churning out those Ragnarok issues. I can't wait to get the HC

Looks like the TMNT IDW Collection vol.1 is almost OOP. Amazon and CGN are out of stock. Just ordered one from IST.

Fantastic Member

Amazon sent me an email regarding the cancellation of my Collected Torpedo order due to "lack of availability."

Crud.

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
    Looks like the TMNT IDW Collection vol.1 is almost OOP. Amazon and CGN are out of stock. Just ordered one from IST.
    I assume it will be reprinted as necessary like the Transformers ones.

I ordered Locke & Key Master Edition... I still think it is way overpriced, but you know, better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Amazon sent me an email regarding the cancellation of my Collected Torpedo order due to "lack of availability."

Crud.
    dammit IDW! Give us some Bernet!!!!