Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I will wait for this new hc or check if the tpbs are cheap enough (but IRRC IDW is not the cheapest company).
    So I guess the original series is good too? Or is it just an interesting read to see where the turtles coming from?
    Volumes 4 and 5 of the Ultimate Collections are my favorite tmnt stories ever. That being said, all of the Ultimate Collections are great, and the new IDW series is a spectacular middle ground for all things tmnt. You can't go wrong either way, but IDW may be the better starting point.

Thanks guys, I think I will wait for this new hc or check if the tpbs are cheap enough (but IRRC IDW is not the cheapest company).
    So I guess the original series is good too? Or is it just an interesting read to see where the turtles coming from?
    Most people have said the original series is a great piece of content and still their favorite out of everything produced so far. Just get into the current IDW series on the cheap. If you like it enough you can always invest in the original series Ultimate Collection and other related content.

Compared with marvel and DC. In terms of quality of build and price, IDW destroy them. The hardcover is around £25 in the uk.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

The TMNT: IDW Collection vol. 1 release date was updated to March 17.

Thanks for all the TMNT replies. I'm definitely planning to buy the new series hc but it's possible I'm gonna try the classic hc before that (I just couldn't resist and bought some classic Mirage design turtles action figures and I'm only familiar with those from the Turtles Forever cartoon, so I think I'm gonna feel the need to educate myself )

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Sweet! Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Two days after my b-day! A late present to myself.

If we're counting IDW's Library of American Comics collections, I just got Superman Golden Age Sundays 1943-46. It's a BIG hardback book that nicely packages those three years of 1940s Sunday strips, including the bulk of the ones that deal with WW2. Really looking forward to diving into these.

Two of IDW's Artist Editions that I'm interested in are/were solicited for this month:

-Will Eisner's The Spirit Artist Edition Vol. 2
    -John Romita's The Amazing Spider-Man Artifact Edition

Scott Dunbier confirmed there will be a limited S/N edition of the former, but I'm really wondering if this will also be the case with the latter. I'd hate to double-dip on these beautiful yet pricy books. Also, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Eisner's was delayed a couple of months, but not so sure. No recent updates on the Romita either.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

IDW just acquired Top Shelf http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58242
    Guess we'll see some reprints soon then (I'd like some deluxe editions of Moore's books like From Hell)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    IDW just acquired Top Shelf http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58242
    Guess we'll see some reprints soon then (I'd like some deluxe editions of Moore's books like From Hell)
    Recently picked up The Underwater Welder and The Collected Essex County. If I end up loving both some HC's would be great.

Does anyone here own the 'complete All Hail Megatron' hardcover. The one with the red cover. If so, would you mind posting some pictures of it. Front, back, spine. That sort of thing. I'd also like to see how it compares to 'The Last Stand Of The Wreckers' hardcover.

Thanks guys

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Recently picked up The Underwater Welder and The Collected Essex County. If I end up loving both some HC's would be great.
    Both are great! Essex County though...wow. A true example of how amazing this medium can be and has made Jeff Lemire a can't miss writer for me ever since. I own the top shelf hc but a new deluxe or oversized version would be much welcomed. It might be my favorite graphic novel of the last 10 years. If you haven't read he also did TheNobody for vertigo which is pretty darn good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Both are great! Essex County though...wow. A true example of how amazing this medium can be and has made Jeff Lemire a can't miss writer for me ever since. I own the top shelf hc but a new deluxe or oversized version would be much welcomed. It might be my favorite graphic novel of the last 10 years. If you haven't read he also did TheNobody for vertigo which is pretty darn good as well.
    If I love them (and I'm assuming I will) I will absolutely pick up anything Jeff Lemire that's not tied to a larger franchise. I'll make sure to check out The Nobody. I also really want Trillium. I almost picked it up twice before, but it's on my must buy list this year.

IDW will bring us Artisan Editions come May. Basically it's an artist's edition, but smaller (still 8x12) and in softcover and much cheaper. The first one will be Wally Wood's EC stories.

WALLY WOOD'S EC COMICS ARTISAN EDITION

• The Wally Wood EC Comics Artist's Edition was a massive volume that collected some of the greatest Wally Wood stories from the classic glory days as one of the brightest stars in the EC pantheon of artists. Upon it's release it was a huge critical and commercial success, selling out two printings in record time. Now IDW Publishing, the industry originator and leader in producing original art scanned books, continues to blaze new trails by launching a new format within the Artist's Edition brand — the Artisan Edition. And we have chosen the immensely popular Wally Wood EC Comics Artist's Edition as the debut title in the line.
    •Like an Artist's Edition, an Artisan Edition collects complete stories that are all painstakingly scanned from the original art. But this series will be reproduced at a much more manageable 8 x 12 inches, and in softcover format — making this much easier to peruse and store while all other aspects regarding quality remain the same. If you have been holding off exploring the wonderful world of Artist's Edition, this is the perfect place to begin!
    • Featuring some of the most classic Wally Wood stories ever produced, including "My World," "Came the Dawn," "Mars is Heaven," and many others, as well as a gallery of Wood's breathtakingly beautiful covers.

ISBN-13: 978-1-63140-328-6
    Price: $49.99 ($57.50 CAN)
    Size: 8 x 12
    Page Count: 152
    Ship Date: 5/13/2015