Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I would rather they just reprint the hard to find artist editions...

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    If I love them (and I'm assuming I will) I will absolutely pick up anything Jeff Lemire that's not tied to a larger franchise. I'll make sure to check out The Nobody. I also really want Trillium. I almost picked it up twice before, but it's on my must buy list this year.
    Trillium is also excellent but sweet tooth is my favorite after Essex county. I dig his mainstream work to. He did a great , different take on the wolfman/Perez titans that kept the spirit while being original that just came out and his green arrow was stellar if you enjoy superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    The TMNT: IDW Collection vol. 1 release date was updated to March 17.
    Thanks for the update. I'm loving the current IDW series so having it collected in HC is a must for me. Plus it'll look great on my shelf next to my TMNT Ultimate Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Trillium is also excellent but sweet tooth is my favorite after Essex county. I dig his mainstream work to. He did a great , different take on the wolfman/Perez titans that kept the spirit while being original that just came out and his green arrow was stellar if you enjoy superheroes.
    Speaking of Lemire's Green Arrow... is there any news on in being collected in HC? After all it is one of the best runs so far of the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    You know what, I always forgot about Sweet Tooth. It's one of those titles that peeks my interest, but unfortunately I forgot to add it to my short list.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Thanks for the update. I'm loving the current IDW series so having it collected in HC is a must for me. Plus it'll look great on my shelf next to my TMNT Ultimate Editions.

Speaking of Lemire's Green Arrow... is there any news on in being collected in HC? After all it is one of the best runs so far of the New 52.
    No. I don't think so. Its a damn shame with whatever happened to make him leave and now he's writing Hawkeye? I mean come on...this guy is so talented don't mess with him. Now all these great ideas are going somewhere else . Smh

The upcoming Steranko Cap / Shield Artist's edition has made me salivate.
    It also makes me cry because I can never afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The upcoming Steranko Cap / Shield Artist's edition has made me salivate.
    It also makes me cry because I can never afford it.
    I put this one on pre-order this weekend and got the first one on day of release--must have material.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I put this one on pre-order this weekend and got the first one on day of release--must have material.
    I envy you.

devilboy95

Hoping someone here can tell me something about an IDW deluxe red label edition I was given. It's the Transformers: last Stand of the Wreckers - weird thing is that where the number out of 250 is supposed to be, it's just blank. Otherwise everything else is the same about it from all the solicits info I've read.

Fantastic Member

And the IDW solicitations are out. The HCs:

Angry Birds Comics, Vol. 2: When Pigs Fly
    Paul Tobin, Janne Toriseva, François Corteggiani, Pascal Oost, Anastasia Heinzlo (w) • Thomas Cabellic, Cèsar Ferioli, Giorgio Cavazzano, Audrey Bussi, Isa Python, Paco Rodrigues, Marco Gervasio (a) • Paco Rodriques (c)
    The adventures continue in these charming all-ages comics featuring the ANGRY BIRDS! Contains stories from issues #5–8.
    HC • FC • $9.99 • 80 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-248-7
    •"This comic actually reminds me of the old school cartoons full of shorts like Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Laboratory, and Johnny Bravo." –ComicCrusaders.com

Berkeley Breathed's Academia Waltz & Other Profound Transgressions
    Berkeley Breathed (w & a & c)
    A treasure-trove of Berkeley Breathed's pre-Bloom County archives, artwork, strips, political cartoons, and much more!
    HC • BW • $39.99 • 304 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-076-6
    •In the same format as the Eisner Award-winning Complete Bloom County Library from IDW Publishing!
    •Advance solicited for a May release!
    •Many of the characters from the Pulitzer Prize-winning Bloom County appeared here for the first time, including Steve Dallas!

G.I JOE: The Complete Collection, Vol. 7
    Larry Hama (w) • Ron Wagner, Herb Trimpe, Marshall Rogers, William Johnson, Arvell Jones, Todd McFarlane, Tony Salmons (a) • N/A (c)
    The full run of original comics in proper reading order. Collects issues #61–67 of A REAL AMERICAN HERO, #6–8 of SPECIAL MISSIONS, SPECIAL #1, and YEARBOOK #4.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 352 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-280-7
    •Oversized Hardcover!

Jack Kirby's Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth, Vol. 1: Artist's Edition HC
    Jack Kirby (w & a & c)
    Jack Kirby's most beloved creation is now an extraordinary Artist's Edition, collecting six complete issues of Kamandi: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9, as well as covers and extras. There is no better way to view the magic of King Kirby than in the one and only Artist's Edition format—reserve your copy early!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 160 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-344-6
    •Kamandi lives in a world populated by intelligent, talking animals—everything from lions to bats to whales, all are the inheritors of this strange new world—except for mankind…people are now the animals!
    •"Kamandi by Jack Kirby was my favorite comic when I was 9 years old, and I'm thrilled to see it as an Artist's Edition!"—Scott Dunbier

Rip Kirby, Vol. 8
    Fred Dickenson (w) • John Prentice (a & c)
    The suave detective mixes it up with more stunning beauties, sleazy blackmailers, and vicious murderers, drawn in John Prentice's slick, award-winning photo-realistic style. Containing more than 800 sequential comics from October 10, 1964 to July 8, 1967!
    HC • B&W • $49.99 • 288 pages • 11" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-304-0
    •Reproduced from the original King Features Syndicate proofs!

Tarzan: The Original Dailies
    Hal Foster, Rex Maxon (w & a & c)
    LOAC Essentials brings you all of Hal Foster's first comics work, reproduced from ERB's syndicate proofs. In addition, this book includes "The Return of Tarzan," "Beasts of Tarzan," and "Son of Tarzan," each drawn by Rex Maxon.
    HC • B&W • $29.99 • 320 pages • 11.5" x 4.25" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-261-6
    •The first 300 daily Tarzan comics ever produced, all in one place!

And these large softcovers:

Corto Maltese: Beyond the Windy Isles
    Hugo Pratt (w & a & c)
    The second of twelve volumes presenting the definitive English-language edition of Hugo Pratt's masterpiece in the original oversized B&W format!
    TPB • BW • $29.99 • 120 pages • 9.25" x 11.75" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-317-0
    •Frank Miller calls Hugo Pratt "one of the true masters of comic art."
    •Translation by Dean Mullaney and Simone Castaldi.
    •Set in 1917, this volume takes Corto Maltese from the Mosquito Coast to Barbados to a deadly struggle among Jivaro head-hunters in the Peruvian Amazon.

Wally Wood EC Comics Artisan Edition
    Al Feldstein, Harvey Kurtzman, and more (w) • Wally Wood (a & c)
    Introducing a new format within the Artist's Edition brand—the Artisan Edition! Softcover format, 8 x 12 inches, but still collecting complete stories that are all painstakingly scanned from the original art. If you have been holding off exploring the wonderful world of Artist's Edition, this is the perfect place to begin!
    TPB • BW • $50.00 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-328-6
    •Introducing the IDW Artisan Edition line! Reprinting hard-to-find Artist's Editions in a new affordable trade paperback format! Only certain Artist's Editions will be reprinted in this format, and no more than two books will be done per year. Get in on the ground floor now!
    •Advance solicited for May release!
    •The Wally Wood EC Comics Artist's Edition was a huge critical and commercial success, selling out two printings in record time!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I never bought an IDW artist edition before but seeing that that Kirby Kamandi one will be $75 I'm considering it. Can anyone give me reasons to buy this?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I never bought an IDW artist edition before but seeing that that Kirby Kamandi one will be $75 I'm considering it. Can anyone give me reasons to buy this?
    Jack Kirby! Nuff said!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Jack Kirby! Nuff said!
    You got a point there...
    But was makes this edition better than, say, a normal HC? apart from the bigger pages of course
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

It show's the art before it's inked and colored, giving a beautiful renderition of Jack Kirby's wild imagination in a raw format.