Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You got a point there...
    But was makes this edition better than, say, a normal HC? apart from the bigger pages of course
    I don't have any AE-s but this is what I know about them:
    -The books are as big as the original art was
    - the pages are high quality colour scanns of the original pages ( I guess they scanned what was available, donno in case of Kirby it means inked pages or just pencils) including notes, caffee spots, etc.
    -the paperstock is similar to the paper the artist used
    -overall the built quality is excellent
    -you gonna get 1000 experience points and rise to the next level with a pink soulsword if you buy one

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just wish IDW would start doing the Transformers Classics like they have the G.I.Joe Marvel years.
    Place those into a nice OHC and I'll bite!

I'd also love that once they are done doing the TMNT Color Classics in soft back to give me those issue collected as a HC companion to go with the Eastman & Laird 5 volume set.
    I'd also get the Archie series in OHC. Heck, I have no shame give me a 2 volume set of the IMAGE years, it's only about 23/24 issues. One volume could do it really. I enjoy my TMNT!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just wish IDW would start doing the Transformers Classics like they have the G.I.Joe Marvel years.
    Place those into a nice OHC and I'll bite!
    So will I.

I'd also love that once they are done doing the TMNT Color Classics in soft back to give me those issue collected as a HC companion to go with the Eastman & Laird 5 volume set.
    Wasn't that what the 'The Works' volumes collected?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    So will I.

Wasn't that what the 'The Works' volumes collected?
    I believe they stopped at Volume 3 and never continued the line. So it seems the TPB Color Classics will be the only way to own the whole canon run in color.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    -you gonna get 1000 experience points and rise to the next level with a pink soulsword if you buy one
    My god... I thought that was just a legend...

Thanks for the info Balakin. I might give it a try then. Just one last question: how can this one be $75 while I've seen others go for $125?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    My god... I thought that was just a legend...

Thanks for the info Balakin. I might give it a try then. Just one last question: how can this one be $75 while I've seen others go for $125?
    the description says "net discount item". Donno what that means exactly but probably that's why.

TMNT The Works line officially ended? I was just hoping there was a delay in vol.4

Incredible Member

TMNT The Works line officially ended? I was just hoping there was a delay in vol.4
    No source, but pretty sure it was confirmed on the technodrome forums that there will be a vol 4. They did just start releasing the single issues of what would wake up the next volume, City at War.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    No source, but pretty sure it was confirmed on the technodrome forums that there will be a vol 4. They did just start releasing the single issues of what would wake up the next volume, City at War.
    Good. I'd been thinking that even if sales fell off a bit on Vol.3 that the material in vol.4, being City at War, would see a tick back up. Again, if sales dipped was the hypothesis I was working. I hope the Technodrome forums are right! I should probably sign up there.

Sounds pretty good. At the time - about 3 months ago - there was no word of a Volume 4. I didn't mean to imply the line was cancelled; just nothing was being done with it. I hope they finally finish it. I might pick those up and work backwards to the Ultimate line.

Fantastic Member

So I'm thinking about getting that softcover Wally Wood EC Comics Artisan Edition, but I have a question. It says it is a paperback edition of the regular artists edition. Does anyone know if the artists edition contained any stories thst aren't also in either Came the Dawn or Spawn of Mars? I realize that one is original art reproduction and the other is just black and white reprints, but if there is basically nothing in the artisan edition that isn't also in the books I already have then it would be a good excuse to not spend the money on it.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from the May solicitations are:

Eric Powell's The Goon: Chinatown Artist's Edition HC
    Eric Powell (w & a & c)
    Since debuting in 1999, The Goon has won constant critical praise as well as a large and rabid fan base for creator Eric Powell. This beautiful Artist's Edition features Powell's Goon original graphic Novel, Chinatown and the Mystery of Mr. Wicker, the opus that earned the writer/artist two Eisner Awards! Each page of this Artist's Edition was scanned under close supervision by Powell himself to ensure the finest reproduction possible of his delicate and stunning original art—many pages of which were in color washes and sepia tones as storytelling devices… which only adds to the beauty of the originals.
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-346-0
    • Advance solicited for a June release!

Frank Miller's Daredevil: Artifact Edition HC
    Frank Miller (w & a & c)
    Frank Miller, multiple Eisner Award-winner, is one of the finest and most influential comics creators of his generation. From Sin City to Dark Knight Returns, to Daredevil: Born Again and Batman: Year One (both of which he wrote and collaborated on with David Mazzucchelli), his contribution to the art form is nearly peerless. But before these incredible works came his groundbreaking turn on Daredevil!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-352-1
    • This Artifact Editions will collect more than 20 Miller covers, and a staggering display of pages—all shot from the original art—including many from key issues such as the introduction of Elektra… and the death of Elektra! Additionally, a selection of pages from Wolverine and Spider-Man will also be showcased. If you are a fan of Frank Miller's classic storytelling then this is the Artifact edition for you!

Godzilla: The Half Century War Oversized Hardcover
    James Stokoe (w & a & c)
    Collects James Stokoe's mini-series in an oversized hardcover with an expanded art gallery including new content! The year is 1954 and Lieutenant Ota Murakami is on hand when Godzilla makes first landfall in Japan, which begins an obsession with the King of the Monsters that lasts 50 years!
    HC • FC • $34.99 • 152 pages • 8" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-321-7
    • "Godzilla: The Half-Century War, as a whole, is a masterpiece." –IGN

Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland Hardcover
    Eric Shanower (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    An all-new, all-ages series full of magic and whimsy from award-winning creators Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez! Spinning out of Winsor McKay's brilliant early 20th century strip, Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland sees King Morpheus' daughter, in the Royal Palace of Slumberland, select her next-playmate: Nemo! Collects issues #1–4 and includes an art gallery from artist Gabriel Rodriguez.
    HC • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-059-9
    • "The modern take on Winsor Mccay's classic strip is proving itself as much of a joy to behold as the original." –BigComicPage.com

Popeye Classics, Vol. 6
    Bud Sagendorf (w & a & c)
    Re-presenting the classic Popeye comic book series that debuted in 1948 by Bud Sagendorf. Volume 6 contains issues #25–29 and more of Sagendorf's gloriously funny one-pagers, rare photos, and extra artwork!
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 192 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-325-5
    • "What an exciting way to rediscover one of the most imaginative and funny comics characters." –New York Journal of Books

Superman: The Atomic Age Sundays, Vol. 1: 1949–1953
    Alvin Schwartz (w) • Wayne Boring (a) • Peter Poplaski (c)
    These never-before-reprinted 1950s Sundays are a special treat for Superman fans and comics historians worldwide. This first book of the Atomic Age Sundays features more than 175 full-color strips, from October 23, 1949 through March 15, 1953. In these tales, the impish Mr. Mxyztplk has returned to drive Superman crazy and the Man of Steel returns to Smallville for "Superboy Week" celebrations and ends up solving a case he never had a chance to as Superboy!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 180 pages • 9.25" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-262-3
    • "It's a chance to read a large, mostly forgotten chunk of Superman in his glory days, when the concept was fresh and the energy was pure." –The Comics Journal

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Frank Miller's Daredevil: Artifact Edition HC
    Frank Miller (w & a & c)
    Frank Miller, multiple Eisner Award-winner, is one of the finest and most influential comics creators of his generation. From Sin City to Dark Knight Returns, to Daredevil: Born Again and Batman: Year One (both of which he wrote and collaborated on with David Mazzucchelli), his contribution to the art form is nearly peerless. But before these incredible works came his groundbreaking turn on Daredevil!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-352-1
    • This Artifact Editions will collect more than 20 Miller covers, and a staggering display of pages—all shot from the original art—including many from key issues such as the introduction of Elektra… and the death of Elektra! Additionally, a selection of pages from Wolverine and Spider-Man will also be showcased. If you are a fan of Frank Miller's classic storytelling then this is the Artifact edition for you!

Godzilla: The Half Century War Oversized Hardcover
    James Stokoe (w & a & c)
    Collects James Stokoe's mini-series in an oversized hardcover with an expanded art gallery including new content! The year is 1954 and Lieutenant Ota Murakami is on hand when Godzilla makes first landfall in Japan, which begins an obsession with the King of the Monsters that lasts 50 years!
    HC • FC • $34.99 • 152 pages • 8" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-321-7
    • "Godzilla: The Half-Century War, as a whole, is a masterpiece." –IGN
    Suh-weet. Tell me, though-

Is the Godzilla story good? Worth reading for someone that likes the character in a casual way? And is the oversized (which I assume is the same size as DC/Marvel deluxes, yes?) edition likely to be a worthwhile choice over the regular hardcover that's currently available?

And about the DD book... what exactly is an Artifact Edition? Original art like the Artist's Edition? What size is it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to IDW. I just got my first book from them on Monday - The Ellison Star Trek book. It looks great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Suh-weet. Tell me, though-

Is the Godzilla story good? Worth reading for someone that likes the character in a casual way? And is the oversized (which I assume is the same size as DC/Marvel deluxes, yes?) edition likely to be a worthwhile choice over the regular hardcover that's currently available?

And about the DD book... what exactly is an Artifact Edition? Original art like the Artist's Edition? What size is it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to IDW. I just got my first book from them on Monday - The Ellison Star Trek book. It looks great so far.
    Yeah, it's like Artist Edition, I'm not sure about size but they both must be pretty similar.

Artifact edition doesn't collects entire stories but excerpts, but yes same size and sma scan technique from original art.

The Frank Miller's one description doesn't make me jump through the roof, but I like the price, so no hesitation here.
    Last edited by vark; 02-19-2015 at 03:35 AM.