Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    And one big TPB:

Bacchus: Omnibus Edition, Vol. 1
    Eddie Campbell (w & a & c)
    Eddie Campbell's BACCHUS is a true epic, spanning a decade of work, over a thousand pages, and several millennia of alcohol consumption. In BACCHUS, the visionary behind FROM HELL (with Alan Moore) and ALEC: THE YEARS HAVE PANTS presents his version of "an American-style comic book," filtered through his own brilliant, whimsical, and wide-ranging sensibility. With a fine blend of action, comedy, suspense, and an ear for a great story, BACCHUS brings the gods and myths of ancient Greece to modern life, as if they had never left. Nearly 600 pages, this deluxe volume collects the first half of the BACCHUS saga (including Immortality Isn't Forever, The Gods of Business, Doing the Islands with Bacchus, The Eyeball Kid: One Man Show, and Earth, Water, Air & Fire) with new notes and commentary by the author.
    TPB • B&W • $39.99 • 576 pages • 7.5" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-026-1
    •"Bacchus mixes air hijacks and ancient gods, gangland drama and legends, police procedural and mythic fantasy, swimming pool cleaners and classics. It shouldn't work, of course, and it works like a charm...Eddie Campbell is the unsung King of comic books. ... The man's a genius, and that's an end to it."–Neil Gaiman
    •"A story of surprising richness and gravity... Bacchus stands as one of Eddie Campbell's crowning achievements as writer, artist, and executive creator."—The Comics Journal
    •" Campbell is one of the premier cartoonists of his generation."—Publishers Weekly
    Finally! Heard many great things about these comics and have been eagerly awaiting my chance to read them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria Oversized Hardcover
    Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening, Doc Shaner (a) • Dan Shoening (c)
    Mass Hysteria collects the last 20 issues of the Ghostbusters series written by Erik Burnham with art by Dan Schoening, plus an art gallery, backup stories, and a new introduction by "Ray Stantz" himself, Dan Aykroyd!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 460 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-336-1
    •Introduction by the one and only Dan Aykroyd!
    •Advance solicited for July release!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6
    Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and various (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
    The Ultimate Collection returns! The celebrated hardcover series collecting all the most important TMNT work by Eastman and Laird is back to present the best of the one-shots and short stories. Whether handled as a team or on their own with another creator, these stories expand the universe of TMNT and established the characters and story lines that are today so loved and revered.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 256 pages • 9" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-389-7
    •Advance solicited for July release!
    •Final volume of the Ultimate Collection! Complete your set!
    •With annotations from Eastman and Laird!
    I'm thinking of getting the first GB hardcover now that this followup and conclusion volume to the initial run is coming.

Didn't really expect a vol.6 of TMNT Ultimate, but I suspect it's going to reprint some material I have elsewhere.
    Still waiting on IDW to do a vol.4 of TMNT The Works. Anyone heard anything about that possibly happening?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Miracleman Artifact Edition HC
    The Original Writer (w) • Garry Leach, Alan Davis, John Totleben, and more (a) • John Totleben (c)
    Miracleman was launched 30 years ago in the now legendary Warrior magazine. It turned the concept of "super-hero" on its ear with big ideas that helped redefine an entire genre... when Miracleman fought Kid Miracleman on the streets of London... well, things would never be the same.
    And then there was the art.
    Miracle Man had a true knack for bringing out the best work from extraordinary artists. Starting with co-creator Garry Leach, followed by Alan Davis (and others) and finishing with one of the most amazing endings in comics history by the phenomenal John Totleben, Miracle Man was a work of art painted on a grand canvas, unlike anything before or since.
    HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 15" x 20" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-392-7
    •Advance solicited for August release!
    some pictures here http://comicsalliance.com/idw-miracl...ifact-edition/ with some Totleben inside . Want!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the first GB hardcover now that this followup and conclusion volume to the initial run is coming.

Didn't really expect a vol.6 of TMNT Ultimate, but I suspect it's going to reprint some material I have elsewhere.
    Still waiting on IDW to do a vol.4 of TMNT The Works. Anyone heard anything about that possibly happening?
    All the HC TMNT stuff always seems to get the release date pushed back for some reason.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I'm pretty sure vol.4 of the works will happen. IDW has been collecting nearly all the TMNT material they can over the last few years.

Spectacular Member

Am I correct in seeing the difference between the Ultimate Collections and The Works is that The Works is colored? How does the difference look? I only ask because I realized after collecting colored editions of Bone that I preferred the black & white original look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Am I correct in seeing the difference between the Ultimate Collections and The Works is that The Works is colored? How does the difference look? I only ask because I realized after collecting colored editions of Bone that I preferred the black & white original look.
    You are correct. I'm not a fan of the colorong job myself, so i stick with the Ultimate Collections. That's not to say I don't like my tmnt colored, but I prefer past editions of colored tmnt, put out by Mirage studios.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Not to be that guy who plugs his own blog, but I did a review of the first Works HC (with some scans) a little while ago.

TL: DR - the colouring is actually really nice and perhaps better than the rough and ready artwork deserves. The Works HCs are quite large as well, I think larger than the Ultimate Collections.

So is the TMNT IDW Collection finally coming out next week or is it going to get pushed back again?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    So is the TMNT IDW Collection finally coming out next week or is it going to get pushed back again?
    I believe it when I see it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Does anyone know if IDW is ever going to release the B&W Variant cover for TMNT Ultimate Collection Vol 5?
    Just in case anyone was wondering the answer to this question, the answer is yes, they did do a B&W variant cover for Vol. 5. It was pre-sold as an SDCC 2014 exclusive but from SDCC onward there was no information about it anywhere online, and there were no copies of it on ebay or anything. But I saw one today with my own eyes so it definitely exists. You can possibly pick it up if IDW is at a convention you're at. As I'm writing this post I checked the IDW website and it's also up for sale on their store there too, finally. If they had done the online store listing ages ago this could have been answered much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    seems like it's 21st of April now. What the hell IDW?

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Aaand the TMNT IDW Collection is now with a July 7 release date. WHAT THE **** IDW??

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Aaand the TMNT IDW Collection is now with a July 7 release date. WHAT THE **** IDW??

Wrong forum. Sorry!
    Last edited by GenericUserName12; 04-13-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Wrong thread