Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Aaand the TMNT IDW Collection is now with a July 7 release date. WHAT THE **** IDW??
    Aaaaargh

I want it yesterday
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

TMNT delayed again? Ridiculous at this point.

I just got an Email from Amazon saying its gonna be July 17th.

Turtlepower!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Aaand the TMNT IDW Collection is now with a July 7 release date. WHAT THE **** IDW??
    On one hand I'm like ***Curses****
    The other hand I'm all, WHEW, cause 4/22 was looking to be a rather large OHC/Omni week for me if all stayed on course. Still will be, just minus this.

FF vol.3(Marvel)
    G.I. Joe. vol 7(IDW is this still coming?)
    Armor Hunters OHC (VALIANT)
    X-O Manowar OHC vol.2 (VALIANT)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

I wonder why IDW delays these collections so much. They delayed TMNT HC collection 5 for over a year. You'd figured people would lose interest after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    I wonder why IDW delays these collections so much. They delayed TMNT HC collection 5 for over a year. You'd figured people would lose interest after a while.
    Maybe they think we'll get tired of waiting and buy their shitty overpriced four issue trades.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Maybe they think we'll get tired of waiting and buy their shitty overpriced four issue trades.
    not gonna happen...

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

They've had problems with their printer, which I believe is in China. Also, all the books were coming through Long Beach, which had a strike a few weeks ago. It delayed a lot of IDW's material.

To be honest, IDW's standards are so high, I'm willing to wait. I've been waiting on the Starslammers HC since January, and it seems to have changed 4-5 times. (Latest date is in May.)

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    They've had problems with their printer, which I believe is in China. Also, all the books were coming through Long Beach, which had a strike a few weeks ago. It delayed a lot of IDW's material.

To be honest, IDW's standards are so high, I'm willing to wait. I've been waiting on the Starslammers HC since January, and it seems to have changed 4-5 times. (Latest date is in May.)
    Well, their standards are a bit strange but I only have 3 hardcovers from them so far. Just got the Rocketeer Cargo of doom hc delivered and I was surprised how thick it is for a 104 pg long book. Definitely thicker than the 128 pg long hc I'm currently reading.
    But the binding is really thight. I mean really, especially for a 100 page book. It's like the DC omnibuses. I'm no binding expert but I can't see any glue, so I assume it's a tight sewn binding, which is strange.

The IDW artifact edition of Miracleman (August release) is in the FP.co.uk listing http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/mir...?#.VS_Kv_kwvct.

Incredible Member

Over on the technodrome forums, the editor in chief of the idw ongoing series, has claimed that the IDW TMNT hardcover volume 1 has been approved for print and should be out within four weeks. Here's hoping.

^^^^
    That's great news!!

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the July solicitations:

Joe Frankenstein
    Graham Nolan & Chuck Dixon (w) • Graham Nolan (a & c)
    An action/horror/adventure tale by Graham Nolan and Chuck Dixon! Young Joe Pratt discovers, upon meeting the monster of his ancestor, that he is the heir to the Frankenstein name. A legacy that may get him killed if the creatures of the night have their way.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 128 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-357-6
    • From the creators of Bane!

Complete Junior and Sunny by Al Feldstein – Gift Edition
    Al Feldstein (w & a & c)
    Long considered to be prime examples of late 1940s "headlight" and "Good Girl" art comics, issues of Junior and Sunny have been quite difficult to find and very expensive to obtain. Until now! This Deluxe Gift Edition of The Complete Junior and Sunny presents the full run of these Al Feldstein written and illustrated comics, along with a historical introduction by Grant Geissman. This 100-copy Limited-Gift-Edition features an exclusive leatherette cover and case as well as 16 collectible post cards and a temporary tattoo sheet.
    HC • FC • $75.00 • 400 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-417-7
    • Exclusive green leatherette, gold-foiled gift box, slipcase, and cover!
    • Exclusive postcards, print and tattoos only available through this release!

Littlest Pet Shop: Wait A Second
    Georgia Ball, Matt Anderson (w) • Nicanor Pena, Antonio Campo (a) • Nicanor Pena (c)
    Join Blythe, Russell, Zoe, and all of your favorite pets in these brand new adventures based on the hit TV series and toy line.
    HC • FC • $12.99 • 80 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-359-0
    • The fun of the animated show in all-new stories!

The Maxx: Maxximized, Vol. 4
    Sam Kieth, William Messner-Loebs (w) • Sam Kieth (a & c)
    Volume 4 continues the re-presentation of Sam Kieth's and William Messner-Loeb's groundbreaking series, The Maxx, with all new colors by Ronda Pattison. Collects issues #13–18 in this oversized hardcover.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 152 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-323-1
    • Advance solicited for August release!

My Little Pony: Adventures in Friendship, Vol. 3
    Georgia Ball, Rob Anderson, Ted Anderson (w) • Amy Mebberson, Agnes Garbowska (a) • Sara Richard (c)
    This volume collects three stories featuring Princess Celestia and Spike! First, Princess Celestia presides over a hearing concerning her oldest professor, then Spike receives his new pets but is in way over his head, and finally, Princess Celestia and Spike journey to the Crystal Mountain!
    HC • FC • $12.99 • 76 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-360-6
    • Perfect kids-sized format!

Transformers: The IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 2
    Chris Metzen, Flint Dille, James Roberts, John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli, Matt Frank, Agustin Padilla, Brendan Cahill, Nick Roche, Alex Milne, Andrew Griffith, Steve Kurth (a) • Sarah Stone (c)
    Volume two collects the Autocracy mini-series, Spotlights: Trailcutter and Hoist, Robots In Disguise issues #7–9, More Than Meets the Eye issues #6–8, and Spotlight: Orion Pax.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 332 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-364-4
    • Presented in recommended reading order!

X-9: Secret Agent Corrigan, Vol. 6
    George Evans (w & a & c)
    The best-selling series continues! Famed EC artist George Evans had periodically ghosted for Al Williamson on Secret Agent Corrigan and in 1980 Williamson and writer Archie Goodwin passed the strip to Evans permanently. Evans wrote and drew the strip for sixteen years until he and Phil Corrigan retired together in 1996. Evans had a long and illustrious career, from Fiction House and Fawcett to EC, where he worked along his friends Frank Frazetta and Al Williamson. This volume reprints the first Secret Agent Corrigan strips by Evans — more than 750 rarely-seen dailies from February 1980 to August 1982! It's a must-have for all fans of adventure strips!
    HC • BW • $49.99 • 276 pages • 11" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-419-1

And the Artist's edition:

Herb Trimpe's The Incredible Hulk Artist's Edition HC
    Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway (w) • Herb Trimpe (a & c)
    Herb Trimpe was one of the premier artists working for Marvel in the 1960s and 1970s. His extended run on The Hulk is a high point for many fans of Bruce Banner's rampaging alter ego, with masterful inks by both Trimpe and John Severin. This Artist's Edition features at least five complete stories by Trimpe and an incredible cover gallery to boot!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-416-0
    • Advance solicited for September release!

Amazing Member

Transformers: The IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 2 for this guy.

Transformers: The IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 2 for this guy.
    For this guy also!