Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Amazon still has it listed for July 7th, but let's face it: This book has moved around so much it might as well have legs.
    I only remember moving it once, from January to June. Or am I mistaken and there were more?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I only remember moving it once, from January to June. Or am I mistaken and there were more?
    It was originally supposed to come out last July, then October, then January, now July 7th. I think July 7th may be a placeholder date for a lot of publishers as there were a ton of books I wanted that were supposed to drop that day, but most of them have been shifted to January 2016.

Torpedo doesn't seem to be coming on July 7th (which is a Tuesday) either.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    It's usually Tuesday for Amazon orders. (Generally, it's the Tuesday after the Wednesday LCS release for most publishers on Amazon. Dark Horse normally waits two weeks, so it's the second Tuesday after a Wednesday LCS release.)

why do you think that?

Incredible Member

My Torpedo pre-order just got cancelled by Speedyhen so either they are screwing with me (which they have done in the past) or something drastic has happened to the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My Torpedo pre-order just got cancelled by Speedyhen so either they are screwing with me (which they have done in the past) or something drastic has happened to the release date.
    seriously, what's wrong with IDW? It seems like they always delaying their most anticipated collections.

seriously, what's wrong with IDW? It seems like they always delaying their most anticipated collections.
    I'm guessing its to do with their overseas printers

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I'm guessing its to do with their overseas printers
    That's usually what the word is. I know there were a lot of labor problems at the Long Beach port where their books are imported over the past few months, but I believe that's cleared up.

Also, there was something unusual about July 7th. Dynamite pushed back a bunch of books scheduled for that day, too, including the second omnibus for Starlin's Dreadstar. that's why I'm thinking it may have been a placeholder date for certain publishers.

why do you think that?
    It's not on Previews for this and next week and it doesn't show on pulllist.comixology this year.
    BB

It's not on Previews for this and next week and it doesn't show on pulllist.comixology this year.
    thanks, then it's probably delayed again.
    About the oversees printer: they can't solve that problem in SEVEN months? (or more) And no announcement, nothing, just like with the TMNT deluxe. A bit annoying business practice.

Fantastic Member

thanks, then it's probably delayed again.
    About the oversees printer: they can't solve that problem in SEVEN months? (or more) And no announcement, nothing, just like with the TMNT deluxe. A bit annoying business practice.
    I pre-ordered it, but never saw anything soliciting The Complete Torpedo. At the time, nothing was on IDW's web site, which was a red flag. Dynamite or Amazon or both used to have this problem with the earlier volumes of Vampirella Archives, which would be listed June 1, 2015, for example and ship Feb. 2, 2016. Sometimes, comic stores get collections in a week or longer before Amazon. Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I pre-ordered it, but never saw anything soliciting The Complete Torpedo. At the time, nothing was on IDW's web site, which was a red flag. Dynamite or Amazon or both used to have this problem with the earlier volumes of Vampirella Archives, which would be listed June 1, 2015, for example and ship Feb. 2, 2016. Sometimes, comic stores get collections in a week or longer before Amazon. Sometimes.
    Valiant has also had this problem. Both Harbringer Deluxe, vol 2 and Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody were scheduled for July 7th, and they've been moved to January 2016. I believe the Quantum and Woody Classic omnibus also got pushed around a lot, but I can't remember the specifics.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Valiant has also had this problem. Both Harbringer Deluxe, vol 2 and Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody were scheduled for July 7th, and they've been moved to January 2016. I believe the Quantum and Woody Classic omnibus also got pushed around a lot, but I can't remember the specifics.
    Is the X-O Manowar Deluxe vol.2 still slated for next week or like Harbinger Dlx vol.2 also now pushed back?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is the X-O Manowar Deluxe vol.2 still slated for next week or like Harbinger Dlx vol.2 also now pushed back?
    According to Amazon, it is also pushed back to January 2016.

http://smile.amazon.com/X-O-Manowar-...F519STJRJK46V5