Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Shame TMNT is in black and white. Why???????
    Would have picked up all the HCs otherwise.

Considering GI Joe but the concept just does not appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    WOW. Volume one of Locke and Key is unbelievable. Very much in the vein of American Horror Story. Complete gripping story with hooks on nearly every page to pull you forward to future volumes. Bloody, but not gory. I can't wait to read more.
    My local library has all 6 volumes of Locke & key HCs, I've read it a couple of times through as they got more volumes. I think they should have that Alpha/Omega one by now. The HCs are really nice, and the story/art is pretty spectacular. One of the best independent books before the image revolution that fully deserves all the praise.

I'm still waiting for a nice Omnibus or OHC version, as the art is quite deserving of a larger size.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post

TMNT was a b&w book in the first place.

There is however this, which is a little pricier, which recolours them, oversized, and presents it in an awesome looking pizza box design. It was on my Christmas list and sadly Santa ignored it. (It's still a book on my wish list for some point in the future.)

Wow, I had no idea a HC was coming out for the new TMNT series. Thanks to whoever posted the link. I'm still reluctant to invest in the original series and all it's tie-ins..sigh.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    TMNT was a b&w book in the first place.

There is however this, which is a little pricier, which recolours them, oversized, and presents it in an awesome looking pizza box design. It was on my Christmas list and sadly Santa ignored it. (It's still a book on my wish list for some point in the future.)
    Thanks. I see the colour version is up to Vol 3. Will pick these up. How do these compare to the new ongoing which will also has a HC due? Worth getting both?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

The current ongoing is written by Eastman himself, and does a good job at reinventing the mythos, amalgamating a lot of different versions of the Turtles together into one. The art's a little modernised but doesn't stray far from Laird's style. It's a quick read but certainly enjoyable. There's also a 2012 annual which Eastman wrote, and goes for the b&w aesthetic of the original comic. Probably best to look for digitally though, as its only trade release is in a 132 page hardcover with the same story repeated over in layouts.

so hey does the deluxe ongoing vol.1 is just a stand alone collection? was there no follow up to it? since the anniversary i found it difficult to follow the tmnt comics.

Mighty Member

Anyone know if the IDW Turtles ongoing HC collection is still being released as scheduled? Amazon has a date of Oct. 7, but i haven't seen it solicited by IDW yet. Is this common?
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-23-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Received my Artifact Edition of Watchmen today, don't know if that has been posted yet but here are the two tables of contents (main material and extra):

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post

The TMNT Ultimate Collections are great it is all Eastman/Laird stuff through 5 volumes and the art work is incredible. Read about 20 issues of the new series it is pretty good glad it is getting hardcover treatment.

Fantastic Member

Won two TMNT Red Label Ultimate Collections (2 and 3) for $90 each. It would be a nice start for reading this series, I think.

Hi everyone. I would like to know if someone can recommend me an European (based or selling from) online store where I will be able to order the Lock and key Head games Limited Red Label that is back in stock at IDW? My usual reflexes is the Forbidden Planet (.co.uk) store but they just cancelled my order because their supplier will not be able to supply them. Thanks in advance for your insights.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hi everyone. I would like to know if someone can recommend me an European (based or selling from) online store where I will be able to order the Lock and key Head games Limited Red Label that is back in stock at IDW? My usual reflexes is the Forbidden Planet (.co.uk) store but they just cancelled my order because their supplier will not be able to supply them. Thanks in advance for your insights.
    The only place where I've seen it was Forbidden Planet but again I didn't look that much since it just too expensive for me. Good luck

I wish IDW would reprint Death ship in hc format. that was a good comic

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Just finished Locke & Key. Wow. I felt like it was flagging a little in Vol. 3 and 4, but 5 was amazing and 6 was the most perfectly brutal finale ever.

Question for you collectors: All of my editions are black with built-in bookmarks, except for Vol. 4 which is white with an Eisner logo on it and no bookmark. This is going to drive me crazy forever. It is the 3rd Printing of the HC. Do either of the two prior prints have black trade dress and/or the bookmark?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!