Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've kept G.I. Joe Complete Collection vol.9 in my Amazon shopping cart all these months well past the 6/17 delivery time. It's simply said 'Item not Available' for all that time. Today I go into the cart and get a notice of a price change to the book. I click on the listing, it still says 6/17 delivery, but now it's available for pre-order. Is this Amazon getting new info from IDW and they are in the process of updating the listing?
    Might this series, or this volume at least, be back? Could we get this book after all??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong but G.I. Joe Complete Collection vol.9 never did get released.
    However, this Amazon third party seller claims to have one for a mere $4,168.99

Any takers?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    What IDW reprints and collections have you been reading or want to discuss?

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2852/

IDW recently set up a new imprint called EuroComics run by Dean Mullaney from the Library of American Comics, designed to reprint European comics in English, starting with the complete Corto Maltese.

In addition we have IDW's IDW edition hardcovers of TMNT, Transformers and GI Joe

I just preordered the TMNT volume
    The TMNT series is my favorite IDW comic for sure. I love the collected editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've kept G.I. Joe Complete Collection vol.9 in my Amazon shopping cart all these months well past the 6/17 delivery time. It's simply said 'Item not Available' for all that time. Today I go into the cart and get a notice of a price change to the book. I click on the listing, it still says 6/17 delivery, but now it's available for pre-order. Is this Amazon getting new info from IDW and they are in the process of updating the listing?
    Might this series, or this volume at least, be back? Could we get this book after all??
    Months? It was originally solicited to come out over two years ago.

Is there any word on the sixth volume of the Spider-Man newspaper collection and when it is due, thanks.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Is there any word on the sixth volume of the Spider-Man newspaper collection and when it is due, thanks.
    I've been wondering about this also. It almost seems as if they've unfortunately called it a day.

When did IDW do anything Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    When did IDW do anything Spider-Man?

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=29395037

Oh wow, I had no idea that was IDW. Fascinating. Thanks!

Yes it is a great set of books and a must for diehard Spidey fans, I read an interview when the fifth volume came out that the editor was two years in advance and that he was looking forward to volumes 6 and 7! Here is the link to the interview.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bruc...der-man-strip/
    Last edited by tv horror; 10-03-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Oh wow, I had no idea that was IDW. Fascinating. Thanks!
    They are beautifully put together books. Top quality in every sense

Yes it is a great set of books and a must for diehard Spidey fans, I read an interview when the fifth volume came out that the editor was two years in advance and that he was looking forward to volumes 6 and 7! Here is the link to the interview.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bruc...der-man-strip/
    It would be great to see another volume.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've been wondering about this also. It almost seems as if they've unfortunately called it a day.
    Sadly, these and the Donald Duck newspaper sets have been discontinued. Low sales.
    I'm just washing my hands of ever seeing the G.I. Joe Complete Collection Vol. 9...nobody at IDW will acknowledge or give a clear answer - so that tells me it's done with.
    And they've released a new, SMALLER (almost Archie Digest-size) G.I. Joe Classics "omnibus"...well...who the hell knows....

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Sadly, these and the Donald Duck newspaper sets have been discontinued. Low sales.
    I'm just washing my hands of ever seeing the G.I. Joe Complete Collection Vol. 9...nobody at IDW will acknowledge or give a clear answer - so that tells me it's done with.
    And they've released a new, SMALLER (almost Archie Digest-size) G.I. Joe Classics "omnibus"...well...who the hell knows....
    Where did you see that they were discontinued, as I was so looking forward to some more sets. I can feel your pain concerning the GI Joe run as I'm a completest at heart myself.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    That's very unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They are beautifully put together books. Top quality in every sense

It would be great to see another volume.
    I just received this reply from IDW at least it states currently so there might be hope.

We currently do not have plans to continue the Spider-man newspaper strips. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,
    IDW
    Hail Hydra!