Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I double my post here, and ouch! again

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...rqued-edition/

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I double my post here, and ouch! again

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...rqued-edition/
    Yeah, seen annoucement on their Twitter today and thought: 'That's something for Vark'.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, seen annoucement on their Twitter today and thought: 'That's something for Vark'.
    Not a this price sadly for the moment. I don't quite understand why they have almost tripled the price with a variant of the SDCC 2014. The signed SDCC variant edition of Daredevil Born Again was produced with an added slipcase for example. That's for the complaint. But let's face it, basically I am drooling a bit, and I am thankful to IDW to offer this limited edition to everyone (i.e. not only convention participants).
    Last edited by vark; 10-25-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Amazing Member

Where is that Transformers Phase 2 vol. 2 HC? Come on IDW don't tease me by putting the head in.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from this months solicitations:

Complete Little Orphan Annie, Vol. 11
    Harold Gray (w & a & c)
    In the depths of the Second World War, Harold Gray paints a dark vision of stateside America when Annie's most loyal friends turn out to be a boarding house full of thieves, forgers, and mind readers. The red-garbed orphan sees how petty politicians and their underworld companions can deprive a small town of freedom just as easily as foreign spies, and that a big city can be home to a larger and even more dangerous threat to national security.
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 288 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-223-4
    •Reprints all daily and Sunday strips from August 8, 1943 to April 14, 1945.

Locke & Key Master Edition, Vol. 1
    Joe Hill (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    Named a "modern masterpiece" by The A.V. Club, the critically acclaimed series takes on new life in a reformatted hardcover collection. The Locke & Key Master Edition, Vol. 1 features the first two arcs, "Welcome to Lovecraft" and "Headgames," with all-new cover art and design by co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 328 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-224-1
    •Oversized Hardcover! A new format for the acclaimed series!

My Little Pony: Adventures in Friendship, Vol. 2 HC
    Ted Anderson, Bobby Curnow, Alex De Campi (w) • Ben Bates, Brenda Hickey, Carla Speed McNeil (a) • Sara Richard (c)
    The adventures continue with these tales of fun and friends! Featuring one-shots about Pinkie Pie and Applejack, plus a third story of the two friends entering a baking contest!
    HC • FC • $9.99 • 76 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-225-8
    •Great for kids!

Secret Agent X-9: By Dashiell Hammett and Alex Raymond
    Dashiell Hammett (w) • Alex Raymond (a & c)
    The strip was a dailies-only serial. This volume collects the complete Hammett/Raymond strips, plus the subsequent stories by Raymond and Leslie Charteris, famous himself for "The Saint" novels, as well as the Charteris stories drawn by Charles Flanders. Included are strips from January 22, 1934 through October 31, 1936.
    HC • B&W • $49.99 • 304 pages • 11" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-211-1
    • Hammett & Raymond! Two creative giants!

Skylanders: Legendary
    Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • Aurelio Mazzara, Massimo Asaro, Salvatore Costanza (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
    It's time to get "Legendary"! Join us for this special collection and marvel as your favorite Skylander characters face grueling tests, outrageous challenges, and the vilest of villains to gain Legendary status! Deja Vu, Jawbreaker, and Blades all get the spotlight in this volume featuring more great stories from the world's first-ever Skylanders comic-book series! Not enough? Did we mention that the "Secret Origin of Trigger Happy" is included?! Collects issues # 4 – 6 of the ongoing series.
    HC • FC • $9.99 • 80 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-229-6
    •"Fantastic new characters, a funny story, and a complete disregard for boring rules." –IGN

Star Slammers
    Walter Simonson (w & a & c)
    Before Walter Simonson's work with Marvel and DC, there was Star Slammers, a series first devised by Simonson during his college days. The Slammers would later be resurrected as a Marvel graphic novel, and then a miniseries. Simonson describes it thus: "Once upon a time, there was a race of men who could out-shoot, out-fight, and out-kill anybody. They were paid fabulous sums to act as mercenaries. The practice became so lucrative, they decided to go into business. They became the most successful businessmen in history, and they called themselves... The Star Slammers!" The collected Star Slammers also features—published here for the very first time—Simonson's earliest version of the Slammers created for his college thesis at the Rhode Island School of Design. These stories predate his first professional comics work but strongly show the artist's keen sense of composition and design.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 300 pages • 8" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-230-2
    •The first printing of this book will contain a bound-in signature plate, signed by Walter Simonson! Included in every copy of the book at no extra charge, and strictly limited to to the first printing!

Star Trek Gold Key Archives, Vol. 3
    Len Wein (w) • Alberto Giolitti (a) • Michael Stribling (c)
    Boldly going... where it all started! Presenting the first comic book adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise and her crew! Fully re-mastered with new colors, including stories such as "Dark Traveler," "The Enterprise Mutiny," "The Hijacked Planet," and more.
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 160 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-231-9
    •Collects issues #13–18.

Steranko Nick Fury and Captain America: Artist's Edition HC Nick Fury Cover
    Jim Steranko (w & a & c)
    The first Steranko Marvel Artist's Edition was a runaway critical and commercial hit, collecting the innovative artist's initial foray into the world of Nick Fury and showcased his outstanding sense of design and revolutionary storytelling techniques.
    Now, IDW Publishing proudly presents the second half of Steranko's Marvel work, when he was at the very peak of his artistic powers, producing the stories that built his reputation and made him the renowned creator he is.
    Contained in this volume are Strange Tales #163-168, Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1-3, 5, Captain America #110, 111, 113, as well as select extras. This Artist's Edition will also feature the legendary four-page foldout as a massive double gatefold!
    As with the first Steranko Artist's Edition, the artist is handling all the design chores himself, making this truly a complete Steranko production!
    HC • BW • $112.50 net discount item • 256 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-296-8
    Steranko Nick Fury and Captain America: Artist's Edition HC Captain America Cover
    Jim Steranko (w & a & c)
    Same incredible book, with a variant cover featuring Captain America, also designed by Steranko himself!
    HC • BW • $112.50 net discount item • 256 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-299-9
    •Advance-solicited for March release!

The Untold History of Black Comic Books
    Bill Foster, Craig Yoe (w) • Various (a & c)
    A groundbreaking collection in both scope and detail, The Untold History of Black Comic Books traces the changing image of African-Americans in comic books from the 1940s right up to the present day. Perfect for fans and comic scholars alike, it includes nearly 200 pages of rarely seen classic and mainstream comics, many in full color, researched and compiled by two of America's foremost comic book historians.
    HC • FC • $39.99 • 252 pages • 9" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-290-6
    •There has never been a book with this incredible and fascinating cultural scope!
    •Professor William Foster is a leading authority on the history of Black cartoonists and comics.

V-Wars: Night Terrors
    Jonathan Maberry, James A. Moore, Jeremy Robinson, Larry Correia, Scott Sigler, Weston Ochse, Marcus Pelegrimas, Mike Watt, Lucas Mangum, John Everson, Scott Nicholson, Hank Schwaeble (w) • Trevor Hutchison (c)
    The war is tearing our world apart. Instead of big armies with tanks in the field, the Vampire War is fought in the streets, neighbor against neighbor, family against family. Night Terrors collects all-new prose stories from the reporters embedded with the beats (humans) and the bloods (vampires). Each tale explores the nature of terror and peels back another layer of our comfort. Each tales bares our throat to the bite. New York Times Bestseller Jonathan Maberry and his team of front-line storytellers bring you all-new tales of horror and heroism, of pain and delight, of deadly despair and soaring courage. The war between beats and bloods is blazing. Pick a side.
    HC • B&W • $24.99 • 360 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-272-2
    •New prose stories from writers including Jonathan Maberry, James A. Moore, Scott Sigler and more!
    •A new perspective from those embedded deep in the Vampire Wars!

Spectacular Member

I knew there was a good reason for me holding out on buying any of the Locke and Key volumes; that Master Edition should be a lovely introduction to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    I knew there was a good reason for me holding out on buying any of the Locke and Key volumes; that Master Edition should be a lovely introduction to the series.
    7''x11'' is what I would call oversized, but I am curious to see some pictures of this edition.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    7''x11'' is what I would call oversized, but I am curious to see some pictures of this edition.
    Same here, but as it's IDW, I'm sure it'll be a rather nice volume for a new reader at any case and certainly at that price.

Amazing Member

What about Star Slammers? Is it worth the reading?

Anyone pick up the Souls Winter HC? I'm curious to see how it looks.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone pick up the Souls Winter HC? I'm curious to see how it looks.
    My copy is on its way, if no one else has done it by then I'll probably put some pictures up at the weekend.

Definitely keen on that Locke & Key OHC, been waiting for an oversized release for a while now.

Incredible Member

Souls Winter HC

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Souls Winter HC
    I tried to go pick one of these up today but I guess my LCS didn't know this was coming out. So they ordered some and I got a discount on it since they're doing a big sale now and they should have had it in. However that means I won't get mine until next Sunday
    Peace, Love, and Tacos