Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

The TMNT: IDW Collection 1 cover is out:

July 2015... Damn, I want this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    The TMNT: IDW Collection 1 cover is out:

July 2015... Damn, I want this book.
    Nice cover. Can't wait for this to come out. Is there a price yet?

Amazing Member

That cover is awesome for the TMNT Collection. I really hope they announce the Transformers IDW Phase 2 collection 2.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Nice cover. Can't wait for this to come out. Is there a price yet?
    Amazon has it with a $49.99 price tag.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

What's the feeling on IDW getting out the remaining 6-8 editions it would take to complete the Complete Marvel GI Joe line? I know the sales were soft at one point - is that still a worry?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

A French oversized deluxe HC version of Locke And Key Welcome to Lovecraft has just hit the shelves. It has the same size as the IDW HC special edition, with the same binding quality (it also features a bookmark ribbon), but it doesn't features Joe Hill scripts. Although the pricing is very affordable, 30€.
    Perhaps it will boost IDW to publish the three remaining volumes instead of launching a new smaller hardcover edition (it's more than one volume per year if I am correct), because the French publisher will go all the way (it's one of its bestseller).
    Last edited by vark; 12-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Ok here's a question...IDW recently reprinted Adventures in Oz Vol 1 hardcover by Eric Shanower. I LOVE these stories. Years ago they released the omnibus version, hell probably 10 years ago, collecting all 5 (maybe 6) books. Are there plans to do all these as single editions again and the the omnibus? Or are they even going to continue these and finish them in HC? Anyway, any help appreciated. If not guess I'll bite the bullet and pay the exorbitant amount for the omnibus from 2006 or whatever. The thing is.. the dimensions on this new one are 9x13! So nice and oversized. The omnibus is normal or maybe just very slightly oversized. If no omnibus of this size AND they're continuing the series in this format, which I haven't seen solicited anywhere or anything about. I'll totally buy these. JUST LET US KNOW IDW! Google has failed me at this point.

sigh help please

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    That cover is awesome for the TMNT Collection. I really hope they announce the Transformers IDW Phase 2 collection 2.
    They will. It's a goldmine. I 100% guarantee it or you can have my Sin City Library Editions haha

and DAMN!!!! that TMNT is gorgeous. Can't wait to add it next to the Ultimate Collections and the Works. Yes, I double dipped there. I love the coloring on those. I still remember my first exposure to TMNT back in the mid to late 80's with Book 1 of TMNT colored (this one if anyone wondered. Side note: was this anyone elses first exposure to TMNT? http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Te...urtles:_Book_I ) . I was like 8 or something but it collected the first 3 issues which ended on a HUGE cliffhanger! Splinter kidnapped!!!! It BLEW my mind as a kid and I could never, ever find the next one. I read colored before the b & w originals. Love them both so a rare instance of double dipping and buying both book lines for me.
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 12-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Half-Century War is gonna look gooooood oversized.

This might be the right place to ask this: A couple of years ago, I got the first TMNT Ultimate collection, the one that kicks off Eastman and Laird's original. Since then, there's been a lot of TMNT published by IDW. Like, more than I knew existed. Could someone compile a list of what IDW's (older) material IDW's published, with minimum double dipping? Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    I spotted some new HCs on amazon.com:
    Cheers, thanks for the info! That's great news about Academia Waltz; I know there was one interview where Berke Breathed mentioned that he'd agreed w/ IDW to reprint Academia Waltz, but then I couldn't find anything else about it, so I thought maybe he was just joking. Good to know he wasn't - one last volume to close out the Bloom County/Outland/Opus shelf!

The only thing that jumps out is that it says the nearly complete Academia Waltz. I wonder if some strips were just impossible to recover? Or perhaps some were considered too offensive. I'll buy it anyway, but I'd love to know what the story there is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    This might be the right place to ask this: A couple of years ago, I got the first TMNT Ultimate collection, the one that kicks off Eastman and Laird's original. Since then, there's been a lot of TMNT published by IDW. Like, more than I knew existed. Could someone compile a list of what IDW's (older) material IDW's published, with minimum double dipping? Thanks!
    I can't take credit for this, but this might be what you're looking for:
    http://community.comicbookresources....tart-Read-Here

In a nutshell, the five "Ultimate Collections" collect the entirety of Eastman/Laird's joint contributions to the Turtles, the 100% in-continuity stuff. ("The Works" collects much of the same material, but colorized and without the creator commentary.)

However, there were a number of years when Eastman and Laird were too busy with the burgeoning TMNT empire to write or draw the comic, so they had other creators do stories with dubious continuity... some of them "count" to the official Turtles story, some don't. Regardless, most of those are collected in the first seven softcover "Classics" volumes. (A few aren't because those creators wouldn't sign release forms, I gather.) Here's the exact list of what's reprinted where (scroll down to post 16):
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...me-1-Hardcover

The final Eastman/Laird collaboration, "City at War" (collected in Ultimate Collections 4 and 5), ended the first Turtles series. After that there was a second series running 13 issues (reprinted in volumes 8-9, and presumably volume 10 if there is one) of the softcover "Classics" series. (There were also a third and fourth series, neither of which have been collected by IDW and are of dubious continuity.)

There was also Tales of the TMNT, one-off stories by various creators, which had two series and is being reprinted in IDW's "Tales of the TMNT" softcover volumes.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 12-14-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    What's the feeling on IDW getting out the remaining 6-8 editions it would take to complete the Complete Marvel GI Joe line? I know the sales were soft at one point - is that still a worry?
    I don't know about sales, but they just solicited the classic vol. 7 on Amazon. So that's positive.

Now the IDW GIJOE verse reprints are lagging behind. I've been getting both, but the Classic line is now solicited up to 7, and the IDW line is only up through 5 which comes out in JAN. I could see the IDW material possibly stop, depending on demand (I don't know the numbers), but I would guess the Classic line would continue (but what do I know?)

I did see a new TPB solicited which collects the first issues of the NEW Hama ARAH issues in the series.
    Which is nice for those who collected all the TPBs in the past. I really hope this isn't a sign that they're going to shift to TPBs instead of continuing on with the OHCs - these books are great builds and I LOVE everything about them. They will reach a point where I stopped reading as a kid, stopped reading all comics as a kid, probably around Classic v. 9 or 10. And from what little I saw, towards the end there, it gets kinda ugly, very 90's ish, and they rename it to have Snake Eyes in the name, cuz you know, ultra violent ninjas were SO cool back then. ;-)

I really hope they muddle through and continue, onto the newer Hama ARAH series since it's a continuation. That will probably be the only way to get the newer issues in OHC, since they've never released them in the format on their own.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I hope IDW works a little harder on the art reproduction of its Classic GI Joe Complete OHCs. While the book binding and paper are much better than any Marvel book I've seen in years, there are problems with some of art looking out of focus and/or low-res in volumes 5 and 6. I'm disappointed since this series is full of nostalgic goodness and the writing during this part of the series is still top notch Hama.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I can't take credit for this, but this might be what you're looking for:
    http://community.comicbookresources....tart-Read-Here
    Thanks for linking that!