Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Alex and Scott Summers

Hey Yall!

I was having a discussion with a friend, he mentioned that the summers family are dysfunctional and that Scott n Alex were always in competition.

But I don’t recall any of that.
    I do know Alex had something going on with Scott’s ex wife(Madelyne) n was mad at his bro after the AvX event n teamed with Steve Rogers.

I just don’t remember any heavy rivalry between the two?
    Let’s discuss! )

I remember Alex said something like "when you have a Cyclops, who need Havok?" and then wanted to leave X-Men with de-powered Polaris during Decimation.
    The two brothers are not very close, but they have some not-bad moments, like in Deadly Genesis and Axis. Alex was worried about Scott.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    I remember Alex said something like "when you have a Cyclops, who need Havok?" and then wanted to leave X-Men with de-powered Polaris during Decimation.
    The two brothers are not very close, but they have some not-bad moments, like in Deadly Genesis and Axis. Alex was worried about Scott.
    How can they be close if Alex is going after his bros wife lol imma be mad forever.
    But Scott always seemed kinder n caring.

Yeah I remember them going back in forth in past,Shooting each other with their powers but they are immune to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    How can they be close if Alex is going after his bros wife lol imma be mad forever.
    But Scott always seemed kinder n caring.
    Going after his wife doesn’t stop them from being close.

People who are close often hurt each other. It’s one of the great paradoxes of human nature. If being close to/loving someone meant you couldn’t hurt or betray them, there would be far less conflict. But alas.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The heavy rivalry between them was in AOA & I don't remember anything serious in 616.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Going after his wife doesn’t stop them from being close.

People who are close often hurt each other. It’s one of the great paradoxes of human nature. If being close to/loving someone meant you couldn’t hurt or betray them, there would be far less conflict. But alas.
    True. But wouldn’t there be less trust in the relationship after a betrayal?

Ultimate Member

By the time that anything happened between Alex and Maddy she and Scott were over and Scott was too busy wanting Jean then and abandoning Maddie and their son...and that was like 40 years ago and hasn't even come close to happening since...

Old_Landon_College_5.jpg

Old_Landon_College_3.jpg

In his first appearances, it seemed Alex and Scott had a pretty good relationship. Over time, as their backstories were fleshed out, there were some issues. Alex was adopted immediately after the accident. Scott had to grow up in the orphanage, unwanted. I think that's the core of their divide, ultimately.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    By the time that anything happened between Alex and Maddy she and Scott were over and Scott was too busy wanting Jean then and abandoning Maddie and their son...and that was like 40 years ago and hasn't even come close to happening since...
    Yes, because the purpose of separating Scott from Maddie was to bring Jean back to the center of the stage. That's why she was sacrificed. Poor Maddie.

BANNED

Alex can be pretty cruel sometimes, but I love my dear Summers brothers.

BANNED

BANNED

SIBLING RIVALRY (a comparative analysis of Havok and Cyclops)

During a tense moment whilst fighting the living Island, Krakoa, Havok muttered these words to his brother Scott as he watched the woman he loved in extreme pain. Like all extended families the X-Men have had their fair share of internal fights and bickering, but none stick out as much as the real sibling rivalry between Scott Summers and his younger brother Alex.

Over the years the brothers have played important parts in the history of the X-Men, but although they share the same bloodline the similarities between them are few. Within this article we will try and show how different, but yet how alike these brothers really are as well as detailing the many confrontations with each other they have had.

https://uncannyxmen.net/character-re...ok-and-cyclops

Fake News. This heavy rivalry is blown way out of proportion

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

Yooo These panels settles it. Scott is very forgiving, Alex needs to learn.