Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    IAre the remaining Stepford Cuckoos still around?
    They're currently the guest characters of the first X-23 story arc. Whether they survive the experience remains to be seen (the title promises two more funerals before curtains and X-23 and Gabby are apparently exempt).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Remember is kill-happy with characters, I don't think he's the best writer to use as an example. Plus Avalanche is not an X-Men member or student, he took shelter with Utopia, but I don't think Toad and co were sent on missions like proper X-Men.

Second example, lots of X-Men die on the team and get the same treatment. See Nightcrawler, Wolverine, (probably Scott), etc... If a writer is deadset on cheap drama deaths, they'll use whoever they want to, whether in limbo or not, but I'm not convinced limbo increase's the chances to see a target on their backs.

Yep, that's definitely an option. If there are just extremely similar, just spread them out. But even characters with similar powers I think can work on a team together. Look at Weapon X (so many stabby stabby claws there) and X-Men with all the telepaths on the same team. Those rosters were fine.

There's lot of ways to diversify power-sets and get really creative with the same power-sets, just write them with different strengths and weakness. I actually like that we have so many telepaths, because they've been forced to assume different niches. Emma as a telepath that uses dirty tricks and experience, Jean as a powerhouse, Psylocke as a psuedo-melee telepath, Karma with mind-control and Dani specialization with illusions. Just because someone shares a skill or talent with someone, doesn't mean they use or express them the same way.

Writers just need to get creative. Look at how people use firearms or martial arts differently, tons of variance, similar powers should be no different.
    That works too.

Tell you truth I don't even understand these types of fans you guys want to kill off these guys? I want to make them a crew of blackbird pilots and mechanics, I want staff of teachers and admin who aren't X-men, I want people other than Beast to be working lab at the mansion. I want Cecilia Reyes to open a clinic nearby the mansion and students go to work there. I want Bishop to be a police chief and students go to work at department. I want Dazzler to open up a mutant friendly club. I want a flesh out integrated town with mutants and humans living it .And all those characters you want killed you can see them from time to time in stories where they can now play a small part of flesh out world.

So tell me whose idea is better kill off these guys or these stories in one book with the tagline "what happens to mutants when they don't become X-men"

-Bishop hires Anole and Rockslide they are rookies on integrated city police force

-A new crazy drug is affecting mutants and humans. Reyes Medical center doctors Mercury and Transonic are trying learn what is the cause so they can save people

-Did I mention Dazzler would have hottest club where stars and athletes would mix around with Avengers and X-men.

- Rescue Squad Firestar, Lifeguard,Triage, Blink a group of mutants who choose to be Firefighters,EMTs and other rescue personnel.

The X-men is a dope concept while they are doing all they are doing superhero stuff,You can be telling other kind of stories with the property. I mean they kinda tried it before with District X but that was trying to hardcore police procedural not story of X-men integrating into world. It is better idea than culling group of characters.

Cull whichever characters Maniacal likes most, got it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    everyone writes and draws her as such though.
    In the example of firestar and sunfire (I thought sunfire was plasma? Is that the same as microwaves?), they are shown to have big firey auras around them yet microwaves are invisible? I get the need for the artists to highlight their powers when in use, but do the other heroes see the aura too? Or is it just us fans that can see it?

I guess it's a bit like TK and TP. Some artists draw auras around them when they are using those powers and other artists don't.

I thought it interesting that Brisson mentioned part of the pitch was removing duplicate characters, so we'll see how Extermination shakes out. I'm more specifically considering duplicates as in time displace/universe dispersed and the like, rather than general power sets.

So far Bloodstorm and Cable have been removed, but Twink Cable has been added. We know this mini is being marketed as the final 05 story (as is Dead Man Logan for OML I think). Rachel and Bishop are shown in promo art for Uncanny.

So what other characters are there - the future brotherhood and Storm's child via the Battle of or for the Atom story, there's Jimmy Hudson and any other Ultimate crossovers, Age of Apocalypse remnants, plenty of others. I mean I don't think there will be some reset that will poof all the duplicates away, more just thinking out who all would be considered as part of that camp. We'll see if any of them are addressed - though I would think the most likely included would be characters introduced as part of the overall 05 story line.

Didn't Magneto kill the Battle of the Atom Brotherhood in Blue? It was kinda vague, but I thought he did.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Oh good call, I do remember that vague scene where he runs into them but it didn't explicitly show what happened next but maybe Magneto even said he had plans for them? Anyway, definitely a murderous vibe. I stopped following Blue after the Mothervine arc so I'm not sure if it was further explained and my memory's fuzzy at is.
    Last edited by donsey; 08-19-2018 at 06:00 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

You forgot the feral types, OP. You also say there are too many psi types who need to go, but your avatar is the most redundant mutant psychic of them all!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They're currently the guest characters of the first X-23 story arc. Whether they survive the experience remains to be seen (the title promises two more funerals before curtains and X-23 and Gabby are apparently exempt).
    Even if they do, they're villains again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Let's kill off Kitty. I'm somewhat of a fan, but the leader of the X-Men dying? That could make for an interesting storyline, especially with the whole Colossus situation.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Yes, let’s get rid of Lifeguard, Box & Match. They are clogging up our books.
    LOL i know right?

If i have to choose between jean and Rachel i choose Rachel. The only interesting thing avout Jean is the Phoenix

No point in getting rid of a bunch of characters that arent A Listers, then who would Marvel use to make fansnupset in the next event?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Cypher has the most unique power which is understanding all alien, human, machine and even animal languages but he was killed.

So ???
    Cypher's back from the dead. I wish more people would use him. He's the best. <3

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    In the example of firestar and sunfire (I thought sunfire was plasma? Is that the same as microwaves?), they are shown to have big firey auras around them yet microwaves are invisible? I get the need for the artists to highlight their powers when in use, but do the other heroes see the aura too? Or is it just us fans that can see it?

I guess it's a bit like TK and TP. Some artists draw auras around them when they are using those powers and other artists don't.
    His powers are Plasma based.. Firestar manipulates microwaves and taps into ambient Electromagnetic energy..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    everyone writes and draws her as such though.
    But she manipulates earth and geothermal energy.. Oya shifts temperature, Match has an unique look so why would they go anywhere.