Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bronze Age Batman

Any suggestions of collected stuff from this period? I found a Bronze Age Brave and the Bold but the sheer amount of Batman material make it difficult when I don’t know what I’m looking for.

The "Legends of the Dark Knight" collections tend to cover bronze to copper age stories. They cover writers runs like Len Wein and Gerry Conway. So you can pick up the stories of writers you like.

Perfect! Thank you!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    The "Legends of the Dark Knight" collections tend to cover bronze to copper age stories. They cover writers runs like Len Wein and Gerry Conway. So you can pick up the stories of writers you like.
    That was not done in the Bronze Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    When, exactly is the Bronze Age? I’m looking for 70’s stuff moving forwards

The title can bounce around from Tales of Batman to Legends of the Dark Knight. Legends of the Dark Knight is the earlier Bronze age stuff. Len Wein was definitely 70's era. Conway is an example of Copper. I'm not sure what the confusion is.

The title can bounce around from Tales of Batman to Legends of the Dark Knight. Legends of the Dark Knight is the earlier Bronze age stuff. Len Wein was definitely 70's era. Conway is an example of Copper. I'm not sure what the confusion is.
    These were not reprints, and originally came out post-Crisis, which is when the Bronze Age ended for DC. I am not confused at all.

These were not reprints, and originally came out post-Crisis, which is when the Bronze Age ended for DC. I am not confused at all.
    Len Wein's run was the 70's,the books are reprints and most definitely pre-crisis. Just look at a solicitation. https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Batman-.../dp/1401251544

Len Wein's run was the 70's,the books are reprints and most definitely pre-crisis. Just look at a solicitation. https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Batman-.../dp/1401251544
    You said Legends of the Dark Knight. Not Tales of Batman. Legends of the Dark Knight were original stories post-Crisis. I’m not sure where the confusion is.

Do you mean “Tales of the Batman” instead then?

You said Legends of the Dark Knight. Not Tales of Batman. Legends of the Dark Knight were original stories post-Crisis. I’m not sure where the confusion is.
    My first reply said the title can bounce between Tales of Batman and Legends, which you rejected. I also said Len Wein was 70's which you rejected. You could have just said Tales was earlier than Legends and I explained it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Do you mean “Tales of the Batman” instead then?
    That seems to be the case yes, I apologise. Tales of the Batman is first, then Legends.

My first reply said the title can bounce between Tales of Batman and Legends, which you rejected. I also said Len Wein was 70's which you rejected. You could have just said Tales was earlier than Legends and I explained it backwards.
    Not in your initial post, which is what I commented on. Go. Read your original post. No Tales of the fucking Batman was mentioned.