Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Christopher Reeve as New 52 superman.

Have you guys seen this? Apparently they also used it for the 75th anniversary, but I never saw it. Even though it skipped some stuff; I thought it was great.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Man, I love Joe Madureia's art so much. Shame dude can't make a deadline to save his life.

I mean, him on Nightwing, Cyborg, or Superman? That'd be a dream come true. I'd definitely settle for him on Harley Quinn too, if he could cut the cheesecake down a bit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/JuliensAuctions/...ls-for-200k%2F

"Evil" Superman Costume From Superman III Sold For $200K!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

https://twitter.com/AH_AdamHughes/st...an-of-steel%2F

Alex Ross has a very similar piece.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    https://twitter.com/AH_AdamHughes/st...an-of-steel%2F

Alex Ross has a very similar piece.

A variant with that on it would make a man out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Ellison
    If one of the unarguable criteria for literary greatness is recognition, consider this: In all of the history of literature, there are only five fictional creations known to every man, woman, and child on the planet. The urchin in Irkutsk may never have heard of Hamlet, the peon in Pernambuco may not know who Raskolnikov is; the widow in Jakarta may stare blankly at the mention of Don Quixote or Micawber or Jay Gatsby. But every man, woman, and child on the planet knows Mickey Mouse, Sherlock Holmes, Tarzan, Robin Hood... and Superman.
    He is more than the fanciful daydream of two Cleveland schoolboys. He is the 20th-century archetype of mankind at its finest. He is courage and humanity, steadfastness and decency, responsibility and ethic. He is our universal longing for perfection, for wisdom and power used in the service of the human race.

Of all the literary creations of American fiction, Superman, after all these years, born of a "dispensable, disreputable" genre, is the only one that seems certain to get Posterity's nod. And that is because, simply put, he is our highest aspirations in human form.
    This is kind of a weird way to pay respect to him and I'm sure there's a discussion else where, but this character and that man are neighbors in my heart for science fiction. RIP.

My second favorite superhero of all time (Batman, Superman, Spider-Man are my top three). The legend who was the first modern superhero. He has the greatest supervillain of all time (and my personal favorite) as his nemesis (Lex Luthor). A true legend in every sense of the term. What more can be said?
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-28-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

From DC Beach Blanket Bad Guys Special #1:

Written by Jeff Loveness (art by David Williams).

Out on July 25.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    From DC Beach Blanket Bad Guys Special #1:

Written by Jeff Loveness (art by David Williams).

Out on July 25.
    Excellent. I'd love to read that.

Completely different subject here. A good way to interpret Superman's humility is that he is not afraid of being fallible, he is just afraid that whenever he makes a mistake, it will affect others. What do you make of this?

That's probably one of the best "small conversation" moments I've read with Clark since he told Raegan that her doctor really was running late.

Sh*t. I gotta buy this now.

Loveless, huh? He did Spider-Woman right? That was a fun book. If this is a taste of what his Superman could be like, I could be down for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

lol, no that was Hopeless. Never heard of this Big Bad Beach Blanket or whatever, but it is just about bought from me. David Williams!

Master Hero Vladimir

There is something I have to get out my chest: I think I'm suffering from comic book fatigue. After reading comic books over the years, mostly DC Comics, I'm starting to feel burned out, tired and exhausted. I don't know how to keep up with comic books nowadays. The only books that hold my interest are Superman and Action Comics, the other books just exist as far as I'm concerned. Captain America, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, all those other heroes I've followed in these last few years… well, I'm not as interested in them as I'm interested in Superman. By this point of my life, Superman is the only superhero I'm emotionally invested in. I know all those other heroes are great and amazing in their own unique ways, but Superman is the only superhero I'm interested in following.

It happened to me, too. It's really weird because at one point I read basically everything Marvel had. I tore through back issues day and night, Batman, Vertigo, new stuff, events and tie-ins. Now my pull list is pretty small, and even with that tbh most of the books I know I like and continue to buy get put away as I come home from the shop to be read "later." If it doesn't feature Superman it doesn't really seem to keep me. The one thing I can say is that these 80 years and counting have been pretty excellent for consistency and variety at the same time.