Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

I think the trunks look fine here. When I don't notice them much, it means the artist was able to make it look natural.

And I really like how Supes body and muscles look here.

James Wan just said in some Aquaman interview that he would like to have a drink with Superman, because he was such an interesting character and they could talk about the future of the world.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have no idea how Joe Rubinstein came to ink a Swan piece but that is a wonderful thing.

Similarly, here's a JLGL piece inked by Sook

Superman confronted Russian president Vladimir Putin in the latest issue of DC’s Doomsday Clock, written by Geoff Johns with art from Gary Frank.

Like Alan Moore’s Watchmen; which featured President Nixon, Doomsday Clock delved into political subtext by including the Russian president in the eighth issue of the series. In the issue, Putin holds a press conference after Firestorm turned some Russians citizens into glass and declared it an act of war from the United States. Superman goes on to interrupt Putin’s press conference to plead with him.

HBO’s upcoming Watchmen series stars Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent, Sara Vickers, and Dylan Schombing. The series is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on characters from DC.

Set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, WATCHMEN embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own.
    Lindelof created and wrote the series and also serves as an executive producer alongside Nicole Kassell, Tom Spezialy, Stephen Williams, and Joseph Iberti. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will compose the score for the show.

Watchmen debuts in 2019 on HBO.

Thumbs up

I'm not a fan of using real-life public figures in comics. I think using actual people both dates the book they appear in and may alienate portions of the fanbase. I feel stand-ins work far better than actual public figures to make a political or social point as does allegory in general (see the classic Star Trek approach to such issues).
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-08-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not a fan of using real-life public figures in comics. I think using actual people both dates the book they appear in and may alienate portions of the fanbase. I feel stand-ins work far better than actual public figures to make a political or social point as does allegory in general (see the classic Star Trek approach to such issues).
    I agree with all of this.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree with all of this.
    Yeah. Superman's potential as an escapist power fantasy seems to have decreased in the modern age, at least when dealing with real-life public figures. Superman is supposed to help us escape from the real world, not throw us back into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, there was that Reagan pastiche in DKR, but he wasn't named.

BANNED

Tom Welling and Dean Cain scheduled for appearances at Planet comicon

https://www.newsarama.com/43109-dean...t-comicon.html

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview - RICHARD DONNER Talks SUPERMAN’s Legacy: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...ermans-legacy/

BANNED

Supes on the cover for Dial H For Hero, launching in March

"David Finch’s Dark Knight Metal cover for @bulletproofcomics , with a Diesel Superman is coming to life with this crazy Statue designed by Ajay Pandey."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brk3az4Ab_q/

Teen Titans 25, Superman(cameo) vs Lobo flashback:

Teen Titans 25 Superman vs Lobo.jpg

Unfortunatelly after this the wrong people saw that Crush was similar to Lobo.. and then she found her adoptive parents dead(not related with Lobo haters)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "David Finch’s Dark Knight Metal cover for @bulletproofcomics , with a Diesel Superman is coming to life with this crazy Statue designed by Ajay Pandey."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brk3az4Ab_q/
    He is scary in these images... Is like see Injustice Superman or even Ultraman..

Superman (1978) Deluxe Superman 1/10 Art Scale Statue:

Full details and gallery: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/85536