Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

My favorite part of Final Days of Superman!

Apropos of nothing, personally, my favorite voice for Superman is Bud Collyer from the old radio show. It's amazing how good he sounded! Plus, he could have Superman and Clark say exactly the same thing in a totally different way...
    I loved that first issue of FINAL DAYS. Ironically it was one of the single best issues of the New 52 era. It made me actually sad to see " Nuperman" go. So much squandered potential.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Looks great, I think Janin’s Dick Grayson sorta spoils his Superman for me though. They look exactly the same and his Dick was engrained in my head first, so when I see his Supes, I end up just seeing Dick Grayson cosplaying as Superman.
    I noticed that too, but I like a youthful Superman over an older-looking one, so it makes sense that he'd resemble the eternally young boy wonder to an extent. Besides, I think it's kind of fitting that the second Nightwing should look similar to the first, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Im done with 1992.Panic in the Sky was the highlight of the year.I liked it.
    I think that's my favorite "Brainiac attacks Earth" story, in fact. Pretty great stuff, and it manages to establish that Brainiac is a League-level threat while still foregrounding that he's Superman's nemesis!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I loved that first issue of FINAL DAYS. Ironically it was one of the single best issues of the New 52 era. It made me actually sad to see " Nuperman" go. So much squandered potential.
    If I had to use a single phrase to describe the New 52 period of Superman, it'd be "squandered potential". And I'm in the minority who thought that most of it was good, too! But the way things are now, I just try not to dwell on it too much, as it's really easy to get angry or sad over for me. :P
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I was quite disappointed that they threw in the towel with the New 52 Superman. Ironically I think Jurgens and Tomasi both did a job writing him than writing the current version, if by a little bit. If they just tried to pull the ship around and went full steam.

My favorite of the rad plots from 90s Brainiac is the Adventures Annual two parter. Vril Dox is easily my favorite spin off of a supporting character.

Well,before Rebirth,Superman was wearing jeans and fighting in superpowered MMA matches.Killing him seems the easiest way to get out of that.

Some mementos from 1978 (Clark's 40th anniversary):

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I love this comic. Between The Wedding Album and Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding, this is clearly the best of the three stories wherein Superman marries Lois and stories continue to be told about them into the future. As opposed to imaginary stories, dream-stories or worlds where they're just assumed to be married but we never see it happen.

Wow, are there really only three in any medium? I might be missing some, as I'm not that familiar with the newspaper strips where I think Clark eventually married Lois, and it's almost not worth it to count the Lois and Clark episode because of how shortly after that the show ended afterward, but there was a full season of post-marriage stories at least.

Anyway, I love Superman Takes a Wife. I love Colonel Future, I love the use of the Wizard as a plot device, and I love Clark not knowing he's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I was quite disappointed that they threw in the towel with the New 52 Superman. Ironically I think Jurgens and Tomasi both did a job writing him than writing the current version, if by a little bit. If they just tried to pull the ship around and went full steam.

My favorite of the rad plots from 90s Brainiac is the Adventures Annual two parter. Vril Dox is easily my favorite spin off of a supporting character.
    I really wish they'd continued on with the New 52 Superman. There was literally nothing wrong with him that couldn't be fixed by just taking a different tactic in long-term writing. Instead we got Rebirth, which I frankly view as a gimmick that'll be impossible to get rid of when the fans get tired of it (already beginning to happen), which wasn't the case with Truth and the powered-down Superman.

Also, I've said before that I don't get Final Days. Sure it was good, but ultimately, I don't think that Clark "There's Always a Way" Kent would give up on his own survival as easily as he did. They wrote him as doing so and gave the resistance to everyone else, especially Bruce, in order to demonstrate to fans that yes, he's really dying, but honestly I don't think it fit his character history. Final Days was filled with good bits, but that was a pretty central recurring theme and/or conflict, and it didn't jive to me.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I love this comic. Between The Wedding Album and Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding, this is clearly the best of the three stories wherein Superman marries Lois and stories continue to be told about them into the future. As opposed to imaginary stories, dream-stories or worlds where they're just assumed to be married but we never see it happen.

Wow, are there really only three in any medium? I might be missing some, as I'm not that familiar with the newspaper strips where I think Clark eventually married Lois, and it's almost not worth it to count the Lois and Clark episode because of how shortly after that the show ended afterward, but there was a full season of post-marriage stories at least.

Anyway, I love Superman Takes a Wife. I love Colonel Future, I love the use of the Wizard as a plot device, and I love Clark not knowing he's Superman.

I really wish they'd continued on with the New 52 Superman. There was literally nothing wrong with him that couldn't be fixed by just taking a different tactic in long-term writing. Instead we got Rebirth, which I frankly view as a gimmick that'll be impossible to get rid of when the fans get tired of it (already beginning to happen), which wasn't the case with Truth and the powered-down Superman.

Also, I've said before that I don't get Final Days. Sure it was good, but ultimately, I don't think that Clark "There's Always a Way" Kent would give up on his own survival as easily as he did. They wrote him as doing so and gave the resistance to everyone else, especially Bruce, in order to demonstrate to fans that yes, he's really dying, but honestly I don't think it fit his character history. Final Days was filled with good bits, but that was a pretty central recurring theme and/or conflict, and it didn't jive to me.
    I'm enjoying Rebirth Superman , but I agree they should have fixed Nuperman. They could have even brought back the Marriage and most of the best bits of the post Crisis history via the " missing 5 years" thing . I think the way they arrived at the guy we have now was unnecessarily messy and convoluted. Ah well... What's done is done.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Some mementos from 1998 (Clark's 60th anniversary):

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm so thankful Superman Forever was not a heinous sideshow like Batman Forever.

Some mementos from 2008 (Clark's 70th anniversary):

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-11-2017 at 07:11 AM.

And now,the mullet era...

Which didnt really bother me all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by dabronzebomma View Post
    some mementos from 2008 (clark's 70th anniversary):

who is the other guy with the s?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    who is the other guy with the s?
    Superman-X, Superman's future clone.

BANNED

My favorite part of Final Days of Superman!

Apropos of nothing, personally, my favorite voice for Superman is Bud Collyer from the old radio show. It's amazing how good he sounded! Plus, he could have Superman and Clark say exactly the same thing in a totally different way...
    This was one of the most amazing images in that saga..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superman-X, Superman's future clone.
    Thank you.