Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    There is something I have to get out my chest: I think I'm suffering from comic book fatigue. After reading comic books over the years, mostly DC Comics, I'm starting to feel burned out, tired and exhausted. I don't know how to keep up with comic books nowadays. The only books that hold my interest are Superman and Action Comics, the other books just exist as far as I'm concerned. Captain America, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, all those other heroes I've followed in these last few years… well, I'm not as interested in them as I'm interested in Superman. By this point of my life, Superman is the only superhero I'm emotionally invested in. I know all those other heroes are great and amazing in their own unique ways, but Superman is the only superhero I'm interested in following.
    I’ve felt the same at times. I’d advise taking a break here and there then coming back when the itch strikes you. I left Comics after Morrison’s Action Comics run because nothing coming out interested me. I came back to DC due to Rebirth but I don’t pull any Marvel comics. Friends will occasionally loan me issues and that’s how I keep up with the Marvel side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    From DC Beach Blanket Bad Guys Special #1:

Written by Jeff Loveness (art by David Williams).

Out on July 25.
    Damn this is great, I’d love to see what this guy could do on a Supes ongoing.

I love that as well. Really shows Superman,..well, being a man. On a side note; I am shocked that this thread don't have half as many posts of some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I love that as well. Really shows Superman,..well, being a man. On a side note; I am shocked that this thread don't have half as many posts of some characters.
    Well technically this entire forum is dedicated to Supes, and his issues always get their own threads. So there's not much need for a celebration thread outside of someone using it to post stuff that doesn't need it's own thread. (Imo of course).

BANNED

Major fan of Supes...Superman.jpg

Master Hero Vladimir

The first story in Superman Giant #1 is pretty fun. It's just a little, fun adventure Superman away from Metropolis. Since the main books will be focused on world building and large, epic stories, I suppose the stories in this book will smaller in scale and won't affect Superman's world in the long run. That's okay, Superman doesn't need to fight intergalactic supervillains or confront his own beliefs in order to be super. Every once in a while, the character needs to have his own little adventures with nothing at stake so that readers can have fun beyond the strict continuity of the DC Universe. Just think of this book the same way you'd think of a Mario spin-off.

Has anyone seen this 80th anniversary collectible?

The full wraparound art looks like this:

It cost around $15, and I saw one at my LCS. I guess I understand using the New52 as the 2010s model, because the awesome Reborn costume didn't last.

I think I will buy it the next time I go there.

I guess this is the right place to post this. There is a new theme park called Warner Bros World that just opened and of course DC is highly represented.

Among the attractions are these huge statues of the Justice League, and I love that Superman was at the center.

Di41kQkX0AAQEsw.jpg

Di8mgELWsAUfzQr.jpg

BTW, it's been very difficult to log in to this forum. is it just me?
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-25-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Has anyone seen this 80th anniversary collectible?

The full wraparound art looks like this:

It cost around $15, and I saw one at my LCS. I guess I understand using the New52 as the 2010s model, because the awesome Reborn costume didn't last.

I think I will buy it the next time I go there.

I don't know why some fans hated the New 52 costume. I think it's awesome. And WB/DC are still using it in merch and even for the new WB theme park. I like it because it still screams Superman and looks very modern.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-25-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't know why
    No, no!!! Don't say it!

some fans hated
    Noooo!!! Stahp!

the New 52 costume.
    Dammit! You had to say it, didn't you!

Oh man, you've really opened pandora's box now.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, no!!! Don't say it!

Noooo!!! Stahp!

Really? Is it that bad? I haven't read the whole N52 Superman stories, but I know he and WW have this big romance. Is it that? Or is it the trunkless suit?

I guess I can see why some don't like those things. Personally, I enjoy the Superman/WW in love stories, but I definitely see a problem when they want to make her his main love interest, because then what happens to Lois? It's not fair to her. She came first and her romance with Superman is iconic. To me Superman and WW as lovers works much better in Elseworlds or short AU stories. As much as I like them, you just can't replace Lois. Also, WW has her own franchise and supporting characters.

And I prefer the trunkless suit, so to me this N52 suit looks great.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-26-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, no!!! Don't say it!

Noooo!!! Stahp!

double post
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-26-2018 at 10:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Really? Is it that bad? I haven't read the whole N52 Superman stories, but I know he and WW have this big romance. Is it that? Or is it the trunkless suit?

I guess I can see why some don't like those things. Personally, I enjoy the Superman/WW in love stories, but I definitely see a problem when they want to make her his main love interest, because then what happens to Lois? It's not fair to her. She came first and her romance with Superman is iconic. To me Superman and WW as lovers works much better in Elseworlds or short AU stories. As much as I like them, you just replace Lois. Also, WW has her own franchise and supporting characters.

And I prefer the trunkless suit, so to me this N52 suit looks great.
    I have more of a problem with S/WW than I do the N52 outfit. Indeed the worst aspects of the N52 (during Truth) didn't even occur when he wore that suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I have more of a problem with S/WW than I do the N52 outfit. Indeed the worst aspects of the N52 (during Truth) didn't even occur when he wore that suit.
    So you just hate the S/WW romance in the main continuity or anywhere? I can totally understand fans who can't accept that romance in the main continuity. It really feels weird and even wrong and very unfair to Lois. This is why I prefer when the S/WW romance happens in elseworlds/short stories/ or alternate worlds. I do enjoy them, but Not at the expense of Lois Lane, who I happen to think it's also a fantastic character when written well and a great partner for Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    another double post. sorry
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-26-2018 at 10:31 AM.