Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I liked how in Morrison's Action Superman's response to one of the Collector's drones picking up a tank and assimilating it into its body was basically "Are you kidding me right now?"

All the same, I love that Superman gets so blasé about these totally nutso events in his life.

"If it isn't one thing, it's another! There's always some new crackpot with an invention to destroy the world-- and they always test it out on Metropolis!" In other words, "Oh brother, here we go again!"

On another note, I wonder about the implications of Superman's allegation that malign hypercognitives always want to "destroy the world". Why? Are they so nihilistic that global destruction seems like a good idea? It's not like these guys have another place to live. I get it when Brainiac wants to destroy the world, he can just keep hanging out in his ship, but "some new crackpot" showing up every week to do so, presumably human and wanting not to take over but to destroy their own homeworld? That's a concept with some seriously disturbing ideas boiling under its surface.
    Funny how when Man of Steel show'd this level of Devestation, people turned up their noses.

I found this in Inside Pulse(about Doomsday Clock 2)..

http://insidepulse.com/2017/12/26/dc...n-too-preview/
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-26-2017 at 02:00 PM.

I probably said it,and its probably an unpopular opinion,but Supermans best days were the 90's.

This is of 2013 but... Maybe certain people here never saw that..

The Heart of a Hero.. Christopher Reeve tribute.. Margott Kidder(lois lane) still remembers him...

Last edited by adrikito; 01-07-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Still maintain that the cover of the 2003 crossover AVENGERS / JLA #4 shows the most over - the - top badass official image of Superman maybe ever:

I written a review for Superman vs Muhammad Ali

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/mil...perman-comics/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hey, neat. I didn't know you write for that site.

I agree about Ali's dialogue and always wondered if he was consulted for the project. But I'd have to disagree on the art only being 4/5, because I'm hard pressed to think of Adams really topping this. But then again the later version did have new colors and maybe retouching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Hey, neat. I didn't know you write for that site.

I agree about Ali's dialogue and always wondered if he was consulted for the project. But I'd have to disagree on the art only being 4/5, because I'm hard pressed to think of Adams really topping this. But then again the later version did have new colors and maybe retouching.
    This is my first review actually, I've been a member of the site for a while mostly used to post comments and call in on the Radio KAL Live to put in my 2 cents on topics (but then 3 years ago Skype screwed me over and stopped connecting to Blogtalk Radio system (which Radio KAL uses), turns out there's an error between Skype and blogtalk radio that hasn't been fixed, I thought it was my internet connection here in Egypt but it still doesnt work when I tried at my brother's place in the UK last month), after Ali's death I figured a review of the comic on his birthday would be a fitting tribute since no one posted it on the site since it was rereleased, in fact for whatever reason there hasn't a proper Pre-Crisis comic review in a long time at that site and they haven't all of the pre-crisis stories.

As for the art, I just felt the generic designs of the Scrubbs took the art down a bit for me and I felt his 70's Batman illustrations were better in my opinion.
    Last edited by BBally; 01-17-2018 at 03:45 PM.

External underwear returns in Action #1000.

I've found this video of an interesting panel at the Stan Lee LA Comic Con, which took place in 2016. It was a debate among the panelists, which included Bronze Age writer Elliot S! Maggin about which version of Superman was the best.