Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Man, I do wish we had another 45 minutes, long as that was. You could see them working out ideas of what really works for them and unpacking some pretty solid stuff. Maggin, of course, having the most absurd amount.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I written a review for Superman vs Muhammad Ali

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/mil...perman-comics/
    Nice review. Been a while since i read it. I agree it was an enjoyable read. Much more then i expected. My favorite moments were: Superman stopping that tidal wave by that sonic boom and the space battle where he stopped the entire armada. Stopping that tidal wave was really cool. Resembling that final battle in the end of Incredible Hulk film.

I did not pay attention to the time chamber. Its nice. Its true that Muhammed Ali being one contender for champion does not really make sense but its fine. Such problems are minor. My gripe was at the end when Ali recognizes Superman as Clark Kent. Its something i am a bit touchy about. Ali recognizes he's Clark Kent and not so many others. Really? But the end with them shaking hands is a nice moment.

Man i must keep checking out this thread from time to time. After a few days, maybe a couple of weeks there's a lot of videos posted here. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-29-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Man, I do wish we had another 45 minutes, long as that was. You could see them working out ideas of what really works for them and unpacking some pretty solid stuff. Maggin, of course, having the most absurd amount.
    Yeah, it is quite a watch, most people in the comment section took the side of the panelist supporting Modern Day Superman (1986-Present), which at this point you can say is an amalgamation of different versions of the character throughout his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Nice review. Been a while since i read it. I agree it was an enjoyable read. Much more then i expected. My favorite moments were: Superman stopping that tidal wave by that sonic boom and the space battle where he stopped the entire armada. Stopping that tidal wave was really cool. Resembling that final battle in the end of Incredible Hulk film.

I did not pay attention to the time chamber. Its nice. Its true that Muhammed Ali being one contender for champion does not really make sense but its fine. Such problems are minor. My gripe was at the end when Ali recognizes Superman as Clark Kent. Its something i am a bit touchy about. Ali recognizes he's Clark Kent and not so many others. Really? But the end with them shaking hands is a nice moment.

Man i must keep checking out this thread from time to time. After a few days, maybe a couple of weeks there's a lot of videos posted here. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Thanks for the reaction, I really appreciate any comments about my review
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Christopher Reeve and George Reeves by Alex Ross...

Superman by Aaron Kuder...

Superman by Neal Adams and Alex Ross...

Found something. How Superman is more relatable then _. You know whom i am speaking about. I thinks its not disrespectful to Mr. Wayne thus i felt it was okay to post it.

https://aminoapps.com/c/comics/page/...ZlWm0RbEEklKYk

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Batwoman #14 variant cover by Michael Cho:

STL077255.jpg

I'm thinking Superman might be on a number of April variants in honor of Action #1000.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Most Excellent. If there are more that month, that's terrible for my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Batwoman #14 variant cover by Michael Cho:

STL077255.jpg

I'm thinking Superman might be on a number of April variants in honor of Action #1000.
    That's great! Thanks! It would feel like a celebration when Superman pops up in lots of places apart from the usual ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's cool. Would make a good movie/TV suit.

Throughout this week, I read All Star Superman and it lived up to the hype.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Throughout this week, I read All Star Superman and it lived up to the hype.
    Got a favorite part?

Hi everyone!

I'm a new comic book reader. Or well, naturally I know who most of the superheros are but mostly from casually reading single issues here and there growing up nut never in any way shape or form read an entire run or read anything chronologically. An acquaintance of mine recently died and he was a big Superman fan so this has inspired me to start reading Superman more seriously. Finding out where to start have been a very big hassle and for someone whose only casually read comics finding out what Rebirth, New 52, etc etc all meant was a bit of a puzzle. I've lurked on this site a bit and then I also found a reading guide over at comic book herald. Which has let me to purchase All Star Superman (which I'm now halfway through) and Birthright which is currently in transit to me

Anyways sorry for the long introductory post. I hope I get hooked on Superman. I also plan to dig into more DC stuff but it's a jungle out there. I think Nightwing looks cool though. I need to find a team to follow also. Anyways, enough about me. Glad to be here!(sorry if I missed a introduction thread somewhere)

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm a new comic book reader. Or well, naturally I know who most of the superheros are but mostly from casually reading single issues here and there growing up nut never in any way shape or form read an entire run or read anything chronologically. An acquaintance of mine recently died and he was a big Superman fan so this has inspired me to start reading Superman more seriously. Finding out where to start have been a very big hassle and for someone whose only casually read comics finding out what Rebirth, New 52, etc etc all meant was a bit of a puzzle. I've lurked on this site a bit and then I also found a reading guide over at comic book herald. Which has let me to purchase All Star Superman (which I'm now halfway through) and Birthright which is currently in transit to me

Anyways sorry for the long introductory post. I hope I get hooked on Superman. I also plan to dig into more DC stuff but it's a jungle out there. I think Nightwing looks cool though. I need to find a team to follow also. Anyways, enough about me. Glad to be here!(sorry if I missed a introduction thread somewhere)
    Welcome to the fold! Always nice to see a new fan join our ranks!

I think you'll like Birthright. As of right now it's my favorite retelling of Supes modern origins. There are a few wonky things here and there and the art kind of suffers towards the end, but in my head, this is "my "Superman origin story and will probably remain that way unless Bendis' new retelling in the upcoming relaunch blows me away.

As a new reader though, when it comes to Superman, don't worry too much about what " counts" and what doesn't. There are so many great runs and eras out there that isn't part of the ongoing current continuity that to get hung up on canon will close you off to the scale and wonder of this character and his world. There's great stuff to be found across his 80 year history. I'd suggest getting your hands on as much diverse Superman material as possible and not try to fit it all together.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.