Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    So you just hate the S/WW romance in the main continuity or anywhere?
    Sometimes the stories work in Elseworlds...I used to not mind their bond in post-crisis mainline canon but looking at the stories again, I realised they were too close and Diana was veering on homewrecker territory with her behavior. When she admitted to Steve she only thought of Clark as a convenient and easy distraction in Rebirth, I was ecstatic...as problematic as post-Rebirth Diana has been, I felt this was needed and I don't mind that they no longer have as deep a connection. Clark has a wife and son now, trying to reconnect him and Diana would be problematic.

BANNED

There...are no words for this...

That was great! My little ones love that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sometimes the stories work in Elseworlds...I used to not mind their bond in post-crisis mainline canon but looking at the stories again, I realised they were too close and Diana was veering on homewrecker territory with her behavior. When she admitted to Steve she only thought of Clark as a convenient and easy distraction in Rebirth, I was ecstatic...as problematic as post-Rebirth Diana has been, I felt this was needed and I don't mind that they no longer have as deep a connection. Clark has a wife and son now, trying to reconnect him and Diana would be problematic.
    Interesting. I prefer that Diana and Clark are close friends. I think that's fair. The Trinity should be friends, imo. But if Lois died, then I love the idea of Clark and Diana getting even closer. I guess I don't feel threaten as a Lois Lane fan as well. I don't think we are destined to just love one person in our lives. Plus is fiction not real.

BANNED

I don't think we are destined to just love one person in our lives. Plus is fiction not real.
    Of course, but there are others in Clark's own circle that he can rebound with if Lois dies, such as Lana. I just don't think Clark should fall in love with Diana. She's toxic for him IMO (Post Crisis and especially N52 proved that), and she has her own world, as you've pointed out
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-27-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Of course, but there are others in Clark's own circle that he can rebound with if Lois dies, such as Lana. I just don't think Clark should fall in love with Diana. She's toxic for him IMO (Post Crisis and especially N52 proved that), and she has her own world, as you've pointed out
    But she exists in the same universe. Both fight for justice and love, etc. I like the pairing, but I still don't want her to replace Lois in the main continuity because it's not right (and I think DC/WB know it) So I can accept elsewhere stories or AU, and I'm not alone feeling that way.

BANNED

But she exists in the same universe. Both fight for justice and love, etc.
    That's not the same as being in love. Diana admitted to Steve she's not equipped for romantic interaction, she is good at being a loving person, but to commit? No. That's something she's still working on with him (and why she rarely needs him to be at her side). She just thinks of romance as something to take her mind off something else.

Let's just agree to disagree. We both want Lois to be Clark's definitive interest and that's enough.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-27-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Has anyone seen this 80th anniversary collectible?

The full wraparound art looks like this:

Follow-up: I bought this. I love it. The mug does something weird with the skin coloring, where his face and hands are mostly paper-white with faint red and yellow shading to give it that peach shade. But the 1990s drawing has a deep pink face and hands, which looks more ... alien. And oddly appropriate.

Btw, I can't name all 8 of the artists styles. I get 1940s is Shuster, 1950s is Boring, 1960s is Swan, 1970s is Adams, 1980s is JLGL, 1990s is ???? , 2000s is Lee, 2010s is ????

Little help here please?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I would have thought they were Jurgens and Merino, but I zoomed in on Amazon and those just don't seem right.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I would have thought they were Jurgens and Merino, but I zoomed in on Amazon and those just don't seem right.
    I think the 90s one may be Jurgens inked by JLGL. I've seen that look used in various licenced products. Not sure about the 2010 one. It kinda looks like Merino.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

There...are no words for this...

I heard that this film received GOOD REVIEWS.. However, I only saw TT Go a few times.. I am not fan of this serie.

Who is the character between Shazam and Steel?(1:40) I think that I saw him before.. But I forgot his name.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-28-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That was pretty hilarious imo

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I think the 90s one may be Jurgens inked by JLGL. I've seen that look used in various licenced products. Not sure about the 2010 one. It kinda looks like Merino.
    That's a bit what I was thinking, although I was unsure because it's hard to think of Garcia Lopez doing inks for someone.

BANNED

Hope that you like it...

Superman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Hope that you like it...

Superman.jpg
    I really like your art!! It is very different and very distinctive. I would love to see a whole comic done by you. Keep up the good work and submitting your art to who ever it is that hires comic artists; I look forward to seeing you work for DC in the future. SM's face and expression is simply wonderful!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I really like your art!! It is very different and very distinctive. I would love to see a whole comic done by you. Keep up the good work and submitting your art to who ever it is that hires comic artists; I look forward to seeing you work for DC in the future. SM's face and expression is simply wonderful!
    Thank you so much!!!!