Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    No, I meant at the begging of phase 7. Can't wait to see Superman in the Marvel universe.

And to think that it could've happened in the 80s: https://comicbook.com/2015/01/04/the...ght-dc-comics/
    Phase 7 would begin in 16 years, that's what I was getting at

Interesting history lesson there

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interesting history lesson there
    For those interest, here Byrne's ideas for the Marvel version of Superman: http://jimshooter.com/2011/10/superm...rnes-plo.html/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

For those interest, here Byrne's ideas for the Marvel version of Superman: http://jimshooter.com/2011/10/superm...ments-on.html/
    I like the idea of Lara going with Clark to Earth, that issue has been raised in various adaptations, with Lara always turning it down.

I like the idea of Lara going with Clark to Earth, that issue has been raised in various adaptations, with Lara always turning it down.
    I noticed that I posted another link on the subject. I fixed the original post with the proper link.

BANNED

I noticed that I posted another link on the subject. I fixed the original post with the proper link.
    That's fine, it's all brand new information to me on both counts

I've thought for a while it might be fun to have Lara actually go with Clark, but die on the trip to earth. Perhaps have the life support system on the ship damaged in Krypton's explosion and she re-routes things to ensure Clark survives, but knows there won't be enough for her. Clark's mothers often get overlooked in favor of the impact his fathers have on him and this would give Lara a moment to shine and contribute.

If the ship is found by the government (as was the case in the New52) this also helps explain why Clark escaped notice, as the government already has the pilot on their hands.

And I think it gives Lara a ton of pathos for her brief fifteen minutes of spotlight; to sacrifice herself in such a horrible way for her son would take tremendous courage and love.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Rag Morales posted this art on his blog:

http://ragsagainstthemachine.net/post/178550593750

Badass. Damn I miss that Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Badass. Damn I miss that Superman.
    You'll see him again this month in Sideways.

Plan on supporting that issue 100%, even though I wouldn't be surprised if the version died by the end of the story. Though as I've said before in other threads, I'm hoping there's something of a mysterious plot point brought about as to why a non-nightmare incarnation of Superman, and that particular version of Superman, is in the Dark Multiverse.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-01-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Plan on supporting that issue 100%, even though I wouldn't be surprised if the version died by the end of the story. Though as I've said before in other threads, I'm hoping there's something of a mysterious plot point brought about as to why a non-nightmare incarnation of Superman, and that particular version of Superman, is in the Dark Multiverse.
    I thinks his presence there is probably tied to the "Something of Hypertime" that Scott Snyder mentioned in an interview.

We saw already in Trinity #8 that he's still "alive" somewhere in the multiverse and I see it as another hint of the Hypertime concept.

BANNED

We saw already in Trinity #8 that he's still "alive" somewhere in the multiverse and I see it as another hint of the Hypertime concept.
    He was a bit of a crybaby in that issue if I recall.

He was a bit of a crybaby in that issue if I recall.
    I'd like to see how you would react to being erased from existence in your twenties to be replaced by a middle aged man.

I don't care if its Multiverse, Hypertime, or Rick Sanchez's portal gun, if there's an excuse to have him around to be used in his own separate reality I'm all in.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm a bigger fan of everyone else (Andy K, Walker, Rocafort, sort of Oliver) but Morales is the owner of that look. It looks like that Superman vs Superman just dressed differently.

Here's another black and white piece, from the recently passed Norm Breyfogle. Superman never got very much of his incredible storytelling, but his existing work does just fine.