Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd like to see how you would react to being erased from existence in your twenties to be replaced by a middle aged man.
    If I knew my life would be run by a guy who had his life in order, and had a wife and son, twenty something irresponsible me would open the door for him

With age comes wisdom

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Right. Well, the idea of celebrating that awesome Morales piece of that very distinctive chapter is something anyone should be able to just appreciate.

BANNED

Just to clarify on my last post: I was referring specifically to myself as being irresponsible (and very angry) in my twenties, nobody else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm a bigger fan of everyone else (Andy K, Walker, Rocafort, sort of Oliver) but Morales is the owner of that look. It looks like that Superman vs Superman just dressed differently.

Here's another black and white piece, from the recently passed Norm Breyfogle. Superman never got very much of his incredible storytelling, but his existing work does just fine.

The energy of the scene, the expression, the dynamic pose that's solid without becoming boring and statue-like, opting for the extended hand instead of the another clenched tough guy fist. The slight blocky nature of the art really fits Superman too. The classic suit looks good which Superman art teams haven't been able to do consistently for years now.

Great Superman art requires a certain amount of nuance to it and Norm had it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If I knew my life would be run by a guy who had his life in order, and had a wife and son, twenty something irresponsible me would open the door for him

With age comes wisdom
    This feels like a old vs modern dispute. None of that is really relevant to whether you'd be good as Superman or not. If I were to put Anger and Wisdom on a scale to judge what's more important to being Superman I'd place Anger at a higher rank. Anger is an expression of passion and passion is a sign of investment into what you're doing. Wisdom is very perspective based thing and I think people often mistake the hesitant and self doubting qualities that have replaced his old Man of Action sensibilities over time as wisdom. Frankly Supes hoisting Hitler up by his collar still feels like the greatest showing of wisdom I've ever seen the character display.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Popped up in my recommendations today and is a week old so if already posted in another thread sorry for double posting. It's a tribute to Christopher Reeve's Superman posted on is Birthday last week while dedicated to one version of Superman wasn't sure which Thread to put it so thought I'd put it in the Superman Appreciation Thread.

I can´t believe what Toriyama is making with Dragon Ball, he copied Superman origin for Son Goku in one comic and now he will use that in the new film for make this canon... Toei idea of Goku origin was good..

Even his father Bardock died as Jor-El in the planet, with one mother(more similar to Superman) that he created like Minus to ruin Bardock character.. The NO canon story of Bardock was perfect, Episode of Bardock make this even better and now... NOTHING OF THAT HAPPENED.

I think that this film will be the last time that I see Dragon Ball. Toriyama is already old for this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-05-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Toriyama pretty much stopped like 23 years ago but lends his name for credibility. Much of the superhero genre has been built off Siegel and Shuster without shame, so I wouldn't be too critical of Toriyama for taking the influence and redefining a separate but similar genre in the interest of good fun.

I doubt Jim Lee will have any interest in drawing Goku again, but it'd be nice for a famous artist to draw them together.

When I learned that I thought that the day that Toriyama made that comic saw one Superman vs Goku image and that "inspired" him to copy Superman origin..

I will understand him if he never draws Goku again..

Superman and Batman by Esad Ribic:

That looks a lot like George Reeves' Superman outfit. I love it.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Nu52 Superman by Jae Lee (a bit in figure form, because I can't find an actual drawing of Kal alone by him), probably one of the only few people who I think can actually pull off the New 52 armor.

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Master Hero Vladimir

Excellent work! Superman looks glorious here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Nu52 Superman by Jae Lee (a bit in figure form, because I can't find an actual drawing of Kal alone by him), probably one of the only few people who I think can actually pull off the New 52 armor.

I'd like to see Lee's designs for the Rebirth suits and the Action Comics #1000 suit.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Superman #38 by Aaron Kuder, I like the minimal use of color except for Kal's cape.

Superman #40, by Viktor Bogdanovic, in the vain of the above cover.

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Master Hero Vladimir

Well, it took me just a few minutes but I found at least three artists that can pull off the New 52 suit.
    Kenneth Rocafort
    Superman Kenneth Rocafort.jpg

Ed Benes
    Superman Ed Benes.jpg

And last but not least, Ivan Reis
    Superman Ivan Reis.jpg