Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

@Last Son of Krypton

Thank you for the beautiful tribute.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman-related tribute to Stan Lee:

Rest in peace, Stan Lee. Your legacy will live on forever.

I just read Stan Lee said Superman was boring because nothing could hurt him..

I honestly have no sentimental connection to Mr Lee; I was never a big fan of his creations, but I recognize he was an important figure in the comicbook world. RIP

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

comic0035.JPG
    RIP Stan Lee

BANNED

BANNED

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Justice League #13 cover by Jae Lee with Superman front and center:

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Justice League #13 cover by Jae Lee with Superman front and center:

Lee absolutely nailed the classic suit! We can never have enough Superman!

Master Hero Vladimir

Done by Thomas Kinkade Studios. I gotta say, this is one of the best versions of the New 52 suit I've seen.

Only been posting here a while, but I love this place’s enthusiasm and respect for Superman as a character. Batman’s side of this site seems to only care about his sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post

Done by Thomas Kinkade Studios. I gotta say, this is one of the best versions of the New 52 suit I've seen.
    I don’t think that’s the new 52 suit. Going by the belt, that’s the Rebirth suit but with red boots, which a lot of artists colored red. I think a recent flashback in Bendis’s run showed him wearing something like this.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Only been posting here a while, but I love this place’s enthusiasm and respect for Superman as a character. Batman’s side of this site seems to only care about his sidekicks.

I don’t think that’s the new 52 suit. Going by the belt, that’s the Rebirth suit but with red boots, which a lot of artists colored red. I think a recent flashback in Bendis’s run showed him wearing something like this.
    Yeah that's the Rebirth era suit after the Reborn storyarc retroactively retconned away the blue boots. The idea being of course that Nuperman and Superdad were always the same guy. It's like they retroactively merged both suits. Note the new 52 sleeves.

I like the background details. I love how Lexcorp tower is a combination of the classic L shaped glass high rise with a green and purple color scheme ala Lex's power suit complete with the same logo on the chest plate being reporposed as a corporate logo.. It also has the spire ala Lexcorp tower in BvS. I also like how the Daily Planet is the tallest building in the skyline almost to spite Luthor.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-23-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah that's the Rebirth era suit after the Reborn storyarc retroactively retconned away the blue boots. The idea being of course that Nuperman and Superdad were always the same guy. It's like they retroactively merged both suits. Note the new 52 sleeves.

I like the background details. I love how Lexcorp tower is a combination of the classic L shaped glass high rise with a green and purple color scheme ala Lex's power suit complete with the same logo on the chest plate being reporposed as a corporate logo.. It also has the spire ala Lexcorp tower in BvS. I also like how the Daily Planet is the tallest building in the skyline almost to spite Luthor.
    At first glance, it might seem like the New 52 suit, but seeing it closer, yes, it's definitely the Rebirth suit. In my opinion, both Rebirth suits are improved versions of the New 52 suit, though you can also argue they moved away from the New 52 suit's more controversial characteristics (excessive seamlines, high collar) and instead used the classic suit as the baseline. The Rebirth suits are some of the best suits Superman has worn across his career, second only to the classic suit, of course. The New 52 suit only works for me under certain artists (Kenneth Rocafort, Ivan Reis, Ed Benes) or when a story goes for a minimalistic design, like de-emphasizing the seamlines and removing the high collar.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Am I the only one who wants Jae Lee on a solo Superman book that is not American Alien? (don't @ me, I do like it as a book).

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Brad Walker might have one of my favorite Superman drawing styles. Totally didn't see it coming, but his particular claim to fame with me is how he renders the actual fabric of the suit. He does low muscle detail, some folds, and a soft shade of blue. That's all a Superman suit need to look great in my opinion. And funny enough, it may even be easier to draw for most due to the low muscle detail.

He'll be working with Orlando on the new special coming out this week that features the first new Kal Kent story in ages. And he continues to draw an absolutely perfect suit.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.