Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone know if X-Men Red is ending?

With the new Uncanny series it seems Jean is going to be one of the more prominent Leaders in that series. Does this mean Red is ending?

I know timelines can be different between books (ie. Gambit is in space on his honeymoon AND in Searebro, Kurt can pop up at any moment etc.) But would they really have Jean lead TWO major titles?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

We have no clue yet. It's totally likely that it will end in December or January, but we don't know.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't think it's been explicitly stated to end at issue #11-12, but Taylor has said that's where his Nova story arc will end which means it's likely the end of the book too since Jean will be in Uncanny at least in the beginning.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

goddess I hope so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think the general consensus around here is RED will be ending with issue # 12 in January.

If Red ends, I hope Jean's front and center status continues in Uncanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Thats along the lines I was thinking aswell. Just wondered if there was anything official. Its been to slow a book.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If Red ends, I hope Jean's front and center status continues in Uncanny.
    probably less so since thats the flagship and more of an ensemble. I hope Taylor gets to write a true Jean solo to take Red's place

BANNED

Rumored to end at #12 in time for the post-Disassembled relaunches. Same deal for Astonishing.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    goddess I hope so.
    ditto. Im still reading but its just not hooking me. All the vet X-Men treat each other like strangers. Jean has the most deadpan dialogue throughout the series so far. The random as heck subplots are distracting and just pasted on. Art is great, though.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ditto. Im still reading but its just not hooking me. All the vet X-Men treat each other like strangers. Jean has the most deadpan dialogue throughout the series so far. The random as heck subplots are distracting and just pasted on. Art is great, though.
    I actually agree with all of this. jean has been dead for years and they all interact as if they coworkers versus friends who consider each other family. the art is really nice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I’m enjoying the Jeansplaining. Her arrogance knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rumored to end at #12 in time for the post-Disassembled relaunches. Same deal for Astonishing.
    I'd like if Astonishing was kept as is. Have 10 - 12 issues featuring a new team of X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I’m enjoying the Jeansplaining. Her arrogance knows no bounds.
    To me, my X-Men!