Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I am allllll about Monet and Roberto.

Yeah, I've never been into any of those other characters you cite. Creed is no good for Monet. She has no need of protection, so his cruel ferocity is just toxic(sure, he's inverted or whatever...). That's why I like Ev or Roberto for her, they are both good-hearted guys, and Roberto is also super rich like her, so she can relate to him in that way(I feel that's her main problem, she's so perfect she is estranged from most people, hence her haughty attitude). Almost no one is actually going to be able to keep up with her, but at least Roberto knows what its like to be a spoiled rich kid of color. That's a solid enough commonality for them to grow from, and they would just look so cute together picking up tanks and punching people's lights out! Roberto has even learned to fly in these recent years. I really want them to be this great power-couple!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Yasssssssss!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, I've never been into any of those other characters you cite. Creed is no good for Monet. She has no need of protection, so his cruel ferocity is just toxic(sure, he's inverted or whatever...). That's why I like Ev or Roberto for her, they are both good-hearted guys, and Roberto is also super rich like her, so she can relate to him in that way(I feel that's her main problem, she's so perfect she is estranged from most people, hence her haughty attitude). Almost no one is actually going to be able to keep up with her, but at least Roberto knows what its like to be a spoiled rich kid of color. That's a solid enough commonality for them to grow from, and they would just look so cute together picking up tanks and punching people's lights out! Roberto has even learned to fly in these recent years. I really want them to be this great power-couple!
    If we go with similarities, Creed understands what it's like to suffer abuse from a family member that imprisoned & tortured you for years. He can understand having a haughty exterior that seems like you think you're hot crap, but deep down, you're insecure. Monet mentions having thoughts of suicide, and Creed stated at one point he's been ready to die for years. Many couples can / will have some similarities. And you either appreciate them, or don't give a crap, depending on taste.

Different strokes. I have no issues with Monet & Sunspot if they're ever shown together. But for now, I am indifferent. and relationship I liked were ones we saw in depth. Her with Synch. Yay for first love, and I see him as the best guy for her. After him, I am also a Cronet fan. But the somewhat decent Creed, not the evil one. Strong Guy was ok, but I didn't care for PAD's Monet really...Didn't care for Darwin, and especially Madrox.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Ev and M should have been the power couple, but since Marvel let Ellis kill him just before folding the book, it is not to be. Roberto makes for a reasonable replacement(if not better). They are only a couple years apart age-wise. Roberto had his own family dramas, not to mention Gideon manipulating him into Reignfire and all that, so it's not like he can't relate to M on that level too(like how Archangel and Psylocke also related on their transformations). Roberto also hides his insecurities behind a veneer of bravado. I think he's just the more sustainable relationship(let's be real, it's only a matter of time before Sabes' inversion spell wears off too; he's got to be the last one standing from that arc) for Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ev and M should have been the power couple, but since Marvel let Ellis kill him just before folding the book, it is not to be. Roberto makes for a reasonable replacement(if not better). They are only a couple years apart age-wise. Roberto had his own family dramas, not to mention Gideon manipulating him into Reignfire and all that, so it's not like he can't relate to M on that level too(like how Archangel and Psylocke also related on their transformations). Roberto also hides his insecurities behind a veneer of bravado. I think he's just the more sustainable relationship(let's be real, it's only a matter of time before Sabes' inversion spell wears off too; he's got to be the last one standing from that arc) for Monet.
    All Angel had to do to become Angelus was get really happy. I know you have no interest in that pairing, but just bringing up similarities from my POV.

Angel was cursed with a soul, and could lose it and become a psycho at just the right moment. So not like his soul + goodness was permanent. If I am honest, Riley was the best man she was with, but I wasn't the least bit invested in that relationship. It was decent & nice. But I am not really a shipper for them -even though he was on paper, much better than Angel in every sense.

Again, I realize the pairing is very disliked here. My taste was always in a minority population. Which is why I stay disappointed a lot with fiction. lol But given what we saw in Uncanny, that's a pairing I was feeling. I don't see them settling down & getting married, but Hell not many Marvel pairings get to that. And they all tend to end badly since stable relationships are seen as boring long-term. But, I never much card for shipping characters that never, or hardly, interacted. For me, characters have to be good friends or close comrades before I get ship-happy. Did I ship Monet x Sabretooth before Bunn wrote them? No. Before Uncanny, that never would've crossed my mind. Same with Rogue x Deadpool. Duggan's writing made me like them, but I wasn't shipping them before that. Same with Chamber & Jubilee.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Right. That was a good pick. Yoga.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Kitty and Illyana.

(totally kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Spectacular Member

Sage/Bishop
    Bishop/Deathbird
    Storm/Wolverine

I’d be happy with any of those three

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right. That was a good pick. Yoga.

I think it’s pretty obvious which one I’d pull for.

But realistically Rogue and Gambit are still the primary X-couple (still not sure how marriage would disqualify you from this), despite Guggs’ best effort with Kittylossus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Awww JonoLee fanart! Hopefully the ship gets some reference somewhere and isn't erased or ignored. I am still giddy on Strain's tweet about how they spent V-day. lol

BANNED

I think it would be fun if Rogue cheated on Gambit, preferably with Magneto.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 08-19-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Kitty and Illyana.

(totally kidding)
    I'd rather see the Doug + Illyana that was teased on that kissing cover a few years back.

Both have tragic death / resurrection / came back wrong / alternate evil self backstories.
    They also have a lot of history together with the new mutants and it also completes an epic relationship quadrangle with Kitty and Piotr as depicted below.

#ramsputin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A poster brought up CeCe Reyes and that sparked a memory of Bobby and her kissing. Which made me think CeCe and Bobby should start dating...then I remembered Bobby playing for the other team now. Then I thought, Bishop and CeCe would be cool.

So, which new X-Couple would you like to see as the new Jean/Scott, Kitty/Peter, Gambit/Rogue, Psylocke/Warren and Havok/Polaris in the X-Books?

Or should we leave that romantic stuff for the soap opera?
    Iceman and Pyro/Northstar
    Cypher and Illyana
    Rachel and Nightcrawler
    Last edited by jalsrix; 08-20-2018 at 06:50 AM.