Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default With Rogue and Gambit married, should we have a new X-Couple?

A poster brought up CeCe Reyes and that sparked a memory of Bobby and her kissing. Which made me think CeCe and Bobby should start dating...then I remembered Bobby playing for the other team now. Then I thought, Bishop and CeCe would be cool.

So, which new X-Couple would you like to see as the new Jean/Scott, Kitty/Peter, Gambit/Rogue, Psylocke/Warren and Havok/Polaris in the X-Books?

Or should we leave that romantic stuff for the soap opera?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-19-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Since Synch is never coming back it seems, I propose Monet and Roberto(Sunspot) to be the new premiere flirty X-couple. Excellent potential there. It could be like the new Warren/Betsy, where they just start dating out of nowhere because it just makes sense on paper.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Psylocke/Kwannon.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Psylocke/Kwannon.
    That's called masturbation.

Bishop/Sage

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Honestly new couples don't seem to be Marvel's thing. So much as reusing the old ones. Like what they're doing with Rogue x Gambit lol

But, I like the idea of Jubilee x Chamber. Usually I am not crazy about the concept of pairing up characters that have been together for years just becoming romantic out of nowhere, but this is an exception. Something about it I really liked in Strain's GenX. Especially looking back at moments in the old series like a young Jubilee sleeping on him in the limo. I can only imagine how great this would be if it was explored elsewhere. But it may be gone after Strain.

While controversial, i'm still fond of Bunn's Monet x Creed. It was a fun dynamic that could've been very tragic & compelling if explored in depth. I don't expect this ship to happen, but think it had potential. It was my Marvel version of Buffy x Angel.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2018 at 06:37 AM.

I want to see Roberto and Amara finally happen.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Since Synch is never coming back it seems, I propose Monet and Roberto(Sunspot) to be the new premiere flirty X-couple. Excellent potential there. It could be like the new Warren/Betsy, where they just start dating out of nowhere because it just makes sense on paper.
    I approve of Money (typo but Im keeping it) and Sunspot, but heck I see no reason why Synch cant return. We've never had a triangle with just black characters so let Monet have some fun

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I approve of Money (typo but Im keeping it) and Sunspot, but heck I see no reason why Synch cant return. We've never had a triangle with just black characters so let Monet have some fun
    Synch seems to be in the same spot Destiny is. The FEW characters Marvel won't revive, despite bringing back Madrox, who I can't imagine too many folks caring about. Destiny & Synch have to stay dead for some reason....Despite the fact nobody else does.

I wouldn't mind both of them coming back, but seems Marvel isn't on board for that since both have been gone since the 80's / 90's.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I really like Rachel and Kurt.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

/obligatory

Anyway, I don't see why Marvel should fixate on only one couple at a time. IMO we should see more of X-couples interacting TOGETHER, like Gambit and Rogue and Chamber and Jubilee go out on a double-date, with hijinks ensuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

/obligatory

Anyway, I don't see why Marvel should fixate on only one couple at a time. IMO we should see more of X-couples interacting TOGETHER, like Gambit and Rogue and Chamber and Jubilee go out on a double-date, with hijinks ensuing.
    you're never gonna give up on laura and julian, are you
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I really like Rachel and Kurt.
    Lol, you are the only one here thatbi see supporting this

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But, I like the idea of Jubilee x Chamber. Usually I am not crazy about the concept of pairing up characters that have been together for years just becoming romantic out of nowhere, but this is an exception. Something about it I really liked in Strain's GenX. Especially looking back at moments in the old series like a young Jubilee sleeping on him in the limo. I can only imagine how great this would be if it was explored elsewhere. But it may be gone after Strain.
    $#@&()/% NO!! Jonolee MUST continue to be a thing!

But in any case, how does being married disqualify you from being a couple? When Scott and Jean got married they didn’t suddenly stop being the X-men’s premier couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I approve of Money
    Well tbh who doesn’t?
    Last edited by Dementia5; 08-19-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, you are the only one here thatbi see supporting this
    I'm not, like, a rabid fan or anything. I just think they're cute together. And they're, like, the only X-Couple around right now on a team (I'm not counting Jubilee and Chamber. Gen X is a school, not a team.)