Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They should brought back if JSA ever happens.
    Flying Fox is in One Star Squadron, which I found odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Flying Fox is in One Star Squadron, which I found odd.
    He's pretty obscure. It fits what the book is going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Also Iron Munro(Arn Munro(DCs Doc Savage)), Fury Erinyes(Helena Kosmatos), Flying Fox, and Neptune Perkins once WWII/pulpy era analogues for their "vanished" golden age counterparts Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Aquaman.
    They should brought back if JSA ever happens.
    You'd have to bring back the All-Star Squadron first.

All-Star Squadron was the WWII-era JSA and all the other DC heroes of that time period.

He's pretty obscure. It fits what the book is going for.
    I get why he’s there, I just don’t get why he’s there.

I get why he’s there, I just don’t get why he’s there.
    Huh...I don't understand what you mean.

Huh...I don't understand what you mean.
    No worries and my bad, mr. kenway.
    It’s just, he’s one of DC’s few NA characters. You’d think they’d find something for him to do other than manning a phone.

No worries and my bad, mr. kenway.
    It’s just, he’s one of DC’s few NA characters. You’d think they’d find something for him to do other than manning a phone.
    It's weird. I'm surprised they didn't do anything with him in the new 52 Earth 2 run. He and Iron Munro would've been perfect for it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Batman doesn't smile.Batman doesn't quip.Batman ain't dashing debonair..zorro even quips..Batman is more "rawr!! War against crime" to be zorro..Dick grayson is zorro more zorro analogue.Give him a hat and we are golden
    Well,these guys even if written by dc are written like normal superheroes doing their shtick.There is nothing to differentiate them.So,people who are much more interested in reading people they are familiar with them would read that.I mean,who needs zoro and doc savage when there is batman and Superman.Who needs mandrake when you have zatanna.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-03-2022 at 11:29 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

You know, there's this new Zorro movie getting made. In the new movie, it's a modern take on Zorro ala that Sherlock show - what if Zorro were happening now, dealing with today's world and problems. Which could work right? A big flashy pulp hero in the modern day could be great right? Except...they're making him a hacker. And get this, his username or hacker handle or whatever is, I **** you not, z0rr0. That's right, with 0's instead of o's.

I'd much rather DC have Zorro honestly if it'd avoid takes like that. I don't care who you are, there's no way to make z0rr0 the hacker activist work in a way anyone wants to see.

It's weird. I'm surprised they didn't do anything with him in the new 52 Earth 2 run. He and Iron Munro would've been perfect for it.
    ^^^upvote; totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know, there's this new Zorro movie getting made. In the new movie, it's a modern take on Zorro ala that Sherlock show - what if Zorro were happening now, dealing with today's world and problems. Which could work right? A big flashy pulp hero in the modern day could be great right? Except...they're making him a hacker. And get this, his username or hacker handle or whatever is, I **** you not, z0rr0. That's right, with 0's instead of o's.

I'd much rather DC have Zorro honestly if it'd avoid takes like that. I don't care who you are, there's no way to make z0rr0 the hacker activist work in a way anyone wants to see.
    ^^^that…really doesn’t sound good at all.

Yeah, that's silly. And so forced to fit the license.
    If it was an original film, the name would probably be Zer0. Which would actually, I don't know... make sense?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Batman doesn't smile.Batman doesn't quip.Batman ain't dashing debonair..
    There was a time...

Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-04-2022 at 09:59 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

So *THIS* is getting made, while I see a dozen fantastic ideas get dropped here every day that'll never go anywhere. Okay. Good to know that justice is dead.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I had an idea where Damian becomes the next Shadow. So that's my take on a Batman and the Shadow volume 3.

A few years ago they did a series called "First Wave". That was BATMAN teaming up with Doc Savage. Maybe they could do another one?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2022 at 12:03 PM.