Default Sir Lancelot vs the Balrog

This is a composite Lancelot with feats from Malory (Le Morte) and White (Once and Future). He gets comped Excalibur and its scabbard.

The Balrog who fought Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, composite books and movie feats.

Depends how seriously/non metaphorically you take the "Vs God Almighty" incident.

I reckon Lancelot.

Granted, feats of Lancelot fighting entities on this level on this level are lacking. What is the most powerful supernatural entity that Lancelot has defeated, incidentally? I have a vague recollection that he kills giants when Arthur is fighting the Romans, and he of course defeats the supernaturally strong Gawain.

On the other hand, although he is a sinful mortal man who cannot succeed in the quest for the holy grail, he is as good as a sinful mortal man can be, so he also has the sporadic ability to perform miracles, when he’s acting selflessly and no-one holier is around. He miraculously heals Sir Urry, rescues Elaine from a boiling bath and... um... puts his arm in a patch of stinging nettles without being harmed. Given that a Balrog is a demon that was in service to a metaphorical Satan, it might be that God Would Be on Lancelot’s Side.

Excalibur’s scabbard also has some pretty fruity qualities.

Finally, T.H. White states that Lancelot was better than Sir Donald Bradman, in relative terms, and was more elegant to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Excalibur’s scabbard also has some pretty fruity qualities.
    I should have comped Lancelot the shield of Captain America, too. Pretty sure the Balrog's fiery whip will just destroy any ordinary shield.

So in addition to Excalibur and its scabbard, he gets Cap's shield, and also mithril chainmail and helmet. Consider this the revised OP for anyone still interested.

One day, I'm going to get my hands on a cosmic cube, and then there really will be a Khazan arena. Everyone here's invited, and you all get box seats and free hot dogs.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 09-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar