Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman and family's entire romantic history

Sometime ago, I started a thread called Batman's entire romantic history. We unpacked a lot of history, and it was a lot of fun.

Because I am an obsessive completist, I decided to try to do the same thing for everyone in the DC Universe. So I ended up writing a lot. Man, I need a girflriend.

But rather than make a lot of posts that would take up a lot of room in any thread I made, I decided I would just put them on a page I could link to..

So I created this...

characterromance.wikia.com

But this is for the Wonder Woman family, so here are some direct links...

Diana

Donna

Cassie

Hyppolita

Artemis

So, if you want to take a look at these, tell me what I'm missing!

There's also this thread in the regular DC Comics section, if you want to talk about anyone else.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 08-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Incredible Member

With Diana, I recall some romantic (perhaps unrequited?) tension with Io during Rucka's run. Also, during the silver age, there might have been something between Wonder Woman & Merman, though I think that was also unrequited. Other unrequited love connections were with Mike Schorr & Ed...Ed...the Perez beat cop; I can't remember his last name. During Byrne's run, Diana had an attraction to "Champion," but then he turned out to be Heracles. In the Gerry Conway run, Diana was attracted to Mike Bailey (after Steve Trevor's second death), but he turned out to be working for the Royal Flush Gang, and then she went out on a date or two (I think) with Todd, a neighbor.

There was definitely something between Wonder Girl and Merboy in the silver age, though whether that was Diana or Donna, I leave to you discern.

Artemis has been romantically linked (I think?) to Kanto of The New Gods by Byrne, though he never followed up on it, and she's gone on dates with Jason Todd over in Red Hood & the Outlaws.

Pre-crisis (issue #105, maybe?), Hippolyta was revealed to have had a thing with Prince Theno in a story that implied that Theno might be Diana's father. There's also been speculation that she and Phillipus share a romantic past, but that's never been shown, I don't think.

You really should check into Rebirth. Diana is back with Steve Trevor, while her whole thing with Superman was erased with the Superman Reborn Arc (thanks to the reality warping powers of Mr. Mxyzptlk). Not to mention, it has been shown the aftermath/just before of Diana and Steve "knocking boots".

Oh, and the Sex Pirates that were the Amazons of the New52 were shown to be illusions. The first arcs in Wonder Woman Rebirth cover this and her getting back with Steve.

Donna and Roy had a thing again during the recent, if badly written, Titans Rebirth. But then Abnett (the author) tossed it out the window almost as soon as they got together for a flimsy excuse.

Cassie has been a no show, barring a brief appearance during the Teen Titans/Super Sons crossover with a Future Tim Drake, whose mind had been warped from time travel, had it in his head to first kill Kate Kane, then Jon Kent. When Jon was pushed over the limit, Future Cassie, Connor, Bart, and even Tim (who finally snapped out of it) saved him. And it seemed like she and Connor were together.

Artemis not only had a thing with Jason Todd in Red Hood and the Outlaws (capitalized when she kissed him just before she and Bizarro were sucked through a door that could lead to almost anywhere, and pushed him so he wouldn't be sucked in with them), but prior, back before she left her homeland, she was in a relationship with fellow Bana-Mighdall Amazon, Akila.

Hippolyta and the rest of the Amazons on Themyscira haven't really been touched upon in Rebirth, beyond being locked away from Man's World.

Incredible Member

So I don't intend to turn this into the explain-to-Slimybug-what-Rebirth-is thread, but what exactly did Rebirth amount to? Is it a totally new continuity, like they did with the New 52? Does this new Earth have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So I don't intend to turn this into the explain-to-Slimybug-what-Rebirth-is thread, but what exactly did Rebirth amount to? Is it a totally new continuity, like they did with the New 52? Does this new Earth have a name?
    Earth Prime.

Mainly, a lot of what was before the New52 reboot is being brought back. Which began with the come back of the original Wally West and pre-New52 Superman, Lois Lane, and their son Jon Kent. They're actually first seen during New52 Superman's final arc. Some things of the New52 remained, like Damian Wayne's character progression. But other things like Green Arrow and Black Canary getting back together, Barry Allen and Iris West getting back together (and they just had a major arc with Wally), classic Lobo is back (New52 version was last seen in a jar in the Orange Lantern's possession), etc.

Really, there's just too much to really list.

Rebirth and new 52 are both from prime earth.

Lets see, theres actually quite alot for Diana that are overlooked
    Ronno the merboy
    Birdboy
    Glop
    Johnny Double
    Tim Trench
    Tod without a last name from the pre crisis UN period
    Mike Baily
    Keith Griggs
    Amoeba man
    And I dimly recall her falling for a criminal who took on the guise of an FBI agent back in the golden age...The name escapes me...

Incredible Member

I totally forgot about Keith Griggs! Wasn't that a "Wonder Woman is attracted to Steve Trevor but Diana Prince is attracted to Keith Griggs" scenario? Or am I mis-remembering?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    pushed him so he wouldn't be sucked in with them), but prior, back before she left her homeland, she was in a relationship with fellow Bana-Mighdall Amazon, Akila.
    Are you sure? The DC wikia page for her New 52 incarnation says that they were just best friends, while there's no mention of her on Artemis' New Earth page.

Still, I created a page for her.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 08-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Take a look at this, it'll make your life easy: http://loveinterest.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman

Incredible Member

Woah, that may have made things more complicated for a completist.

Fantastic Member

The cop in the Perez era was Ed Indelicato. I think he might have loved Diana, but I don't think she ever felt anything for him.

I think Morgan Tracy was also meant to be a romantic foil, but this was quickly forgotten, and as with a lot of Diana's former flirtations, he turned out to be a bad guy.

There was also Rama, from the Luke period.

Are you sure? The DC wikia page for her New 52 incarnation says that they were just best friends, while there's no mention of her on Artemis' New Earth page.

Still, I created a page for her.
    Its one of those things strongly hinted at during her arc in Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth.

There's a lot of times in the comics where the extent of a relationship is never fully explained.... partly because it's unimportant to the story, and partly because it adds a certain narrative freedom to future stories.

An example from Kyle Rayner's original tenure as GL... He worked as an illustrator at a newspaper. Well his boss and her secretary were written in some comics as having some degree of romantic attraction to him. Neither was ever his girlfriend though. In most comics it was actually treated as an unimportant background detail. But there was one where the villain was telepathically manipulating people. So in that one the difference in personality between their normal behavior and their telepathically manipulated states was reflected in the way they interacted with him in a semi-romantic way. More specifically, the secretary typically was excessively warm and friendly to the point of flirting on normal occasions. This time, she barely acknowledge his presence. His boss apparently often yelled at him, but this time attempted to seduce him.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know what the storyline was where Superman and Wonder Woman were trapped in limbo for years, but Superman still refused to get with her because Lois was waiting for him?