Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default DCEU Superman vs MCU Thanos

Henry Cavil vs Josh Brolin
    No BFR and No IG for Thanos
    Who Wins?

The one who's super-fast, can fly and has ranged attacks.

It might take a while, but Superman will wear Thanos down.

Thanos will absorb damage better than Superman will be expecting, but it's still not enough imo. Clark is too fast and too strong.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGM View Post
    Henry Cavil vs Josh Brolin
    No BFR and No IG for Thanos
    Who Wins?
    Without Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet, this is a complete and overwhelming curbstomp in favor of Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanos will absorb damage better than Superman will be expecting
    Based on what exactly? The hulk fight? That has nothing on Superman vs doomsday....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Based on what exactly? The hulk fight? That has nothing on Superman vs doomsday....
    What a bizarre thing to pick at. Thanos is a durable guy, yes, based on the Hulk fight. It might take a bit more than expected to finish him. I never said he wouldn't finish him.

KJS stated literally the same thing one post before mine. Why not quote him?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What a bizarre thing to pick at. Thanos is a durable guy, yes, based on the Hulk fight. It might take a bit more than expected to finish him. I never said he wouldn't finish him.

KJS stated literally the same thing one post before mine. Why not quote him?
    Ok sorry to bother you I was just wondering what you base your opinion on as I enjoyed your opinions in the past even if I disagree with it I'll be sure not to quote you next time
    Last edited by choptop; 08-19-2018 at 10:31 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

agreed with everyone else. clark is too fast for thanos. it will take a white but he will go down.

I really don't think it's going to take that long I mean sups isn't putting him down with 1 or 2 Hits sure but just going off the hulk fight I'd say 4 or 5 good hits lay him out cold in no time maybe that will change in the next movie but for now that's what I think.

Ultimate Member

Speed kills!

Astonishing Member

is this different story if Infinity gauntlet is allowed?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    is this different story if Infinity gauntlet is allowed?
    Given that Thor could have killed him if he’s gone for the head, proving he was still vulnerable, no. Not particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ok sorry to bother you I was just wondering what you base your opinion on as I enjoyed your opinions in the past even if I disagree with it I'll be sure not to quote you next time
    Ah, ok. Sorry if I misread that then. I wasn't bothered that you quoted me lol just confused because KJS had said the same thing.

Ok, my opinion: Hulk is a pretty decent brick. He can toss 20 ton magic Wolves head over heels, redirect a Leviathans direction by yanking on its jaw and of course can one shot punch them. The Leviathans themselves being 1000 ton monstrosities capable of headbutting skyscrapers with no ill effects.

There is no reason to assume Hulk was holding back and hitting Thanos with anything less than his best space whale killing punches, especially considering he had just watched Thor get manhandled.

Thanos was essentially completely fine after those blows. He was also fine after getting a building sized chunk of debris tossed on him and run over by Nebulas spacecraft. Last but not least, he tanked Thor's lightning in Wakanda which itself has feats of pulping space whales and stunning Hela.

I am certain it would take more than "4-5 hits" to finish him. Not that he couldn't finish him, just that it's going to take a lot more oomph than one would expect. Thankfully his speed allows him to smack Thanos around uncontested.

As for what somebody else asked: The Infinity Gauntlet could potentially give him a win if Clark was foolish enough to just smack him. Thanos' freakish durability might allow him to survive just long enough to close his fist and think "die". Buuut... Clark could just pull the glove off at speed. He is vastly stronger than either Tony or Peter.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Agree with the majority. It will take a little time, but Superman wins this. Clark is too fast and he'll be able to dish it out to where Thanos drops

Extraordinary Member

So... what would it be like if we took away all of Superman's powers except for strength and durability, and they just punch it out?