Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Yujiro Hanma vs Goku (base form)

How would this play out?

The "Baki-verse" has seemingly ordinary people perform all manner of ridiculous feats and I'm not sure how base Goku will perform again Hanma.

Goku from the first Dragon Ball.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-20-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Base Goku circa when?

I mean... if it's any beyond say... mid-ish Dragonball... then he's going to whip Yujiro pretty easily.

Current Base Goku wouldn't even notice Yujiro.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Base Goku circa when?

I mean... if it's any beyond say... mid-ish Dragonball... then he's going to whip Yujiro pretty easily.

Current Base Goku wouldn't even notice Yujiro.
    I was thinking around the first Dragon Ball (nothing from Dragon Ball Z)

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was thinking around the first Dragon Ball (nothing from Dragon Ball Z)
    Goku beyond say... the first Budokai tournament might be the best shot for Yujiro.

I mean, he's durable enough that it will take a while to put him down but Goku is significantly faster and around as strong as Yujiro to boot. I think Yujiro could likely match his big rock pushing from the Roshi training and Krillen's boat stuff but... it'll be tough fight nonetheless.

If Yujiro actually uses the techniques he knows; Xiao Li, Mercury Whip and all that stuff that he specifically avoids using because is all about power, then he might able to get one or two but I'm... dubious on it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Goku beyond say... the first Budokai tournament might be the best shot for Yujiro.

I mean, he's durable enough that it will take a while to put him down but Goku is significantly faster and around as strong as Yujiro to boot. I think Yujiro could likely match his big rock pushing from the Roshi training and Krillen's boat stuff but... it'll be tough fight nonetheless.

If Yujiro actually uses the techniques he knows; Xiao Li, Mercury Whip and all that stuff that he specifically avoids using because is all about power, then he might able to get one or two but I'm... dubious on it.
    Funny enough, I thought the "Demon back amp" would be enough to hang with Goku during that period.

I remember Yujiro moving like a blur or something to the naked eye, shouldn't that speed be enough to hand with Goku?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, I thought the "Demon back amp" would be enough to hang with Goku during that period.

I remember Yujiro moving like a blur or something to the naked eye, shouldn't that speed be enough to hand with Goku?
    Not necessarily to be honest. It depends on context.

Baki-verse speed is a little tricky to gauge in some respects. Some of the feats don't make that much sense and it's complicated by the fact that we've seldom seen Yujiro get pushed all that hard.

The 21st Budokai had Krillen and Roshi having entire protract exchanges invisibly in a fraction of a second and Goku was able to match and almost exceed Roshi at that point in terms of speed. The closest analogy would be Baki versus Olivia who were throwing punches at one another so fast that they were just an amorphous shifting blur to the security guards.

But you've also got stuff like Goku using multiple afterimages in his training with Korin which I think was... pre-Budokai 21...? I forget. There's certianly a much better pedigree of speed in DB than in Baki.

I think Yujiro might be able to hang with 21st Budokai Goku for a bit but I don't think he can beat him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not all up on Dragonball, but regarding the Krillen/Roshi thing...when you say 'entire protracted exchanges', if I recall correctly, it reached a ridiculous extent, such that what looked like one attack was basically an entire conversation.

That's well above being an amorphous, shifting blur.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm not all up on Dragonball, but regarding the Krillen/Roshi thing...when you say 'entire protracted exchanges', if I recall correctly, it reached a ridiculous extent, such that what looked like one attack was basically an entire conversation.

That's well above being an amorphous, shifting blur.
    It's kind of hard to gauge. Baki and Oliva are just meant to be toe-to-toe slugfesting it and the three guards watching the fight are like; we can't actually see what is happening.

The area before them is like just depicted as pure white on the page. So it's unclear if Baki and Oliva are invisible or are just some kind of obfuscating blur thing. Either way, Yujiro is meant to be faster than both of them.

At work atm so I can't post the page myself.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It's just that I recall Krillen and Roshi dancing around making faces at each other, flicking snot at each other, that kind of stuff. Back and forth while the other guy watched. Then some other stuff.

All in what looked like one hit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's just that I recall Krillen and Roshi dancing around making faces at each other, flicking snot at each other, that kind of stuff. Back and forth while the other guy watched. Then some other stuff.

All in what looked like one hit.
    That's accurate.

It was... punch, kick, throw punch, try and spit on fist so it retracts, throw counter punch, fire snot at fist so it likewise retracts, brief recess for considering next move, rock-paper-scissors game ensures, comes to a draw I think, Roshi then does a trick move or something or distracts Krillen and kicks him in the head.

All in like an instant.

It's reaaal fast.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Strategy? What's that?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Mighty Member

gah! that artwork. it's like Rob Liefeld's bastard manga child on marijuana, crystal meth... and crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    gah! that artwork. it's like Rob Liefeld's bastard manga child on marijuana, crystal meth... and crack.
    Welcome to the Bakiverse.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator