Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It ain't Wolverine, that's for sure. DC pulls the same bullshit with Batman. Well, at least Batman doesn't go around saying "Nobody knows you like I do." to everyone.
    Does he?, maybe i focuss to much in his solo stuff, but i don't remember him saying that a lot (i can think in like 2 issues or his 317).

Wolverine more so than Cyclops but even then, I’m not sure he could be considered nearly as much of a loner these days especially with how he seems to be in ensembles much more than off solo. Cable I’d say is more of a loner than either especially since you can’t tie him down with others for too long before he’s off doing his own solo thing again.

Wolverine ain’t no loner, he was but not anymore. Scott isn’t either, a team leader that every person in the school knows can’t really be a loner, and he’s dependable loners aren’t. Cable seems more like a loner than both to me.

Wolverine has been in like 20 different x-teams and even the Avengers.. he's not a loner and the same goes with Cyclops. I agree with everyone saying Cable.

Polaris applies in this case, but that's in large part because Marvel doesn't really use her and doesn't seem to want to let her interact with other characters even when she has a history with them going back to 1968 (e.g. Jean Grey and Iceman). Part of my argument for a solo for her is that whenever she's trying to find herself and figure things out, she leaves the X-Men to travel the world, rather than sticking around hoping the team will help her figure it out. Pretty loner in nature to want to get away from everyone instead of pulling them closer.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Definitely not Wolverine.

I don't think Wolverine should be considered at all with all the teams he's been on or all the underage girls that he has as a sidekick/mentee or all various relationships, friends and romantic, that he has obtained.

If anything Bishop and to a lesser degree Gambit are the X-Mens true loners.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

But i though Cable had Deadpool.

I think the 3 of them are in their own way loners.

I'd say Gambit, he wanders off for a bit by himself, does some stuff but always comes back to the X-Men.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's FantomeX because he chases everyone away by being an ass.

Gambit comes to mind for me first.

Wolverine after that. I don’t personally see how cyclops is even in Contention.

Definition of a loner - someone who prefers Solitude or to not associate with people.

I admit I don’t know a ton of xmen backstory. But from the thingS I have seen. Wolverine often wants to be left alone. He is usually tied up in groups out of duty, guilt, obligation or reluctance. He’s rather do things alone.

Cyclops on the other hand- sure he may not have a ton of relationships. And maybe he is often alone or doesn’t have good social skilll. But I don’t generally see him as actively trying to be away from other people. Even if he’s got “social anxiety” or he’s “introverted” as some are saying, those don’t make one a loner in itself.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Gambit comes to mind for me first.

Wolverine after that. I don’t personally see how cyclops is even in Contention.

Definition of a loner - someone who prefers Solitude or to not associate with people.

I admit I don’t know a ton of xmen backstory. But from the thingS I have seen. Wolverine often wants to be left alone. He is usually tied up in groups out of duty, guilt, obligation or reluctance. He’s rather do things alone.

Cyclops on the other hand- sure he may not have a ton of relationships. And maybe he is often alone or doesn’t have good social skilll. But I don’t generally see him as actively trying to be away from other people. Even if he’s got “social anxiety” or he’s “introverted” as some are saying, those don’t make one a loner in itself.
    Cyke is an interesting case because we're really dealing with two personalities here.

Cyclops is definitely not a loner by choice, but rather by consequence. Scott on the other hand had certainly become so. A leader can't truly be a loner, and neither can a team player. Scott though, seemed to prefer his own company more and more as time went on. After Jean died his first instinct was to run for the hills. I doubt his plan included extensive socializing. Even with Emma, he was never very forthcoming and she's the only one who could get more than a few words out of Scott that didn't have to do with his role as leader. By the end Scott, the one we see in the Silver Age up to The Twelve, is basically gone. Cyclops took over completely.

Beyond Scott rebuffing Emma in Uncanny, how many personal conversation did he really have in the last five years or so? I count that one, Last Will and Testament, and his chat with Jeen as the very few personal conversations he had. I would add his heart to heart with Logan in AvX Consequences but that was pretty much Cyclops talking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    ForgetMeNot.

10 char.
    I'm sorry, who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    So when do you think marvel will bring him back?20180810_093720.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Cyke is an interesting case because we're really dealing with two personalities here.

Cyclops is definitely not a loner by choice, but rather by consequence. Scott on the other hand had certainly become so. A leader can't truly be a loner, and neither can a team player. Scott though, seemed to prefer his own company more and more as time went on. After Jean died his first instinct was to run for the hills. I doubt his plan included extensive socializing. Even with Emma, he was never very forthcoming and she's the only one who could get more than a few words out of Scott that didn't have to do with his role as leader. By the end Scott, the one we see in the Silver Age up to The Twelve, is basically gone. Cyclops took over completely.

Beyond Scott rebuffing Emma in Uncanny, how many personal conversation did he really have in the last five years or so? I count that one, Last Will and Testament, and his chat with Jeen as the very few personal conversations he had. I would add his heart to heart with Logan in AvX Consequences but that was pretty much Cyclops talking too.
    I personally would say your description makes Scott lonely,
    Not a loner. Which can be very different. Just my opinion.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?