Who Wins?

BANNED

which mongul the son or the father?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    which mongul the son or the father?
    Post Crisis Mongul is Mongul Jr.

BANNED

not so as he was killed by Neron in underworld unleashed and then his son debuted. it was mongul senior who destroyed coast City.

Nevertheless, OP has clarified which version the thread is supposed to involve.

And I think we can assume this isn’t from during the time he was playing Space Liberace with all the GL rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nevertheless, OP has clarified which version the thread is supposed to involve.

And I think we can assume this isn’t from during the time he was playing Space Liberace with all the GL rings.
    You have burned into my brain an image of Liberace playing Mongul and, by default, Infinity War with Liberace playing Thanos. To channel Pendaran, my hatred of you is now unrivaled.

Edit: The idea of a CGI Liberace punching out a CGI Hulk is hilarious, however.
    Power with Girl is better.

Red Hulk should take this. Mongul doesn't suck, but Rulk has some decent fighting skills and generally better feats. Mongul has a laser cannon as part of his suit, but it's not enough to turn the tide. I believe Rulk has some nebulous energy absorbing stuff as well.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Red Hulk should take this. Mongul doesn't suck, but Rulk has some decent fighting skills and generally better feats. Mongul has a laser cannon as part of his suit, but it's not enough to turn the tide. I believe Rulk has some nebulous energy absorbing stuff as well.
    Depending on what feats you mean, some of Red Hulk's performances are fairly dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Depending on what feats you mean, some of Red Hulk's performances are fairly dubious.
    Not the ones that involve him punching out a Watcher or wielding (not just holding, but actually utilizing the powers of) Mjolnir or messing around with Surfer/Galactus. Those were silly.

His other stuff like shaking huge areas of land, causing earthquakes with his punches and beating on Abomination are more or less fine though. Much more consistent with his later performances. He also jumped to Earth from the moon I think.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-20-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    You have burned into my brain an image of Liberace playing Mongul and, by default, Infinity War with Liberace playing Thanos. To channel Pendaran, my hatred of you is now unrivaled.

Edit: The idea of a CGI Liberace punching out a CGI Hulk is hilarious, however.
    Then my work here is done. ^_^

Not the ones that involve him punching out a Watcher or wielding (not just holding, but actually utilizing the powers of) Mjolnir or messing around with Surfer/Galactus. Those were silly.

His other stuff like shaking huge areas of land, causing earthquakes with his punches and beating on Abomination are more or less fine though. Much more consistent with his later performances. He also jumped to Earth from the moon I think.
    Red Hulk didn't mess around with Galactus. Unless by "messed around with" you meant Red Hulk showed up, talked ****, and then basically got Galactus' big purple boot to the ass.

Posting those two scans because I like seeing a blatant Gary Stu (which Rulk was at the time) getting the taste slapped out of his mouth by someone WAY beyond his pay grade.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I mean Mongul shrugged off being chucked from Pluto to earth, he's no slouch

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I mean Mongul shrugged off being chucked from Pluto to earth, he's no slouch
    Was he like... tossed? Or exploded that far? Or punched?

And I had forgotten the circumstances of tust Galactus confrontation. Excellent ^_^
    - big_adventure

Almost positive that, after he lost the Loeb Force, Thor whomped the **** out of him.

Though I can't recall if he was fighting back for some of it or not. So, could very well have asterisks.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Almost positive that, after he lost the Loeb Force, Thor whomped the **** out of him.

Though I can't recall if he was fighting back for some of it or not. So, could very well have asterisks.
    Thor beat the hell out of him shortly after their first fight. Rulk even admitted something like "I'll be honest goldilocks had me on the ropes" right as green Hulk broke the fight up and called dibs.
    - big_adventure