Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

"Is your husband really in inside that sword?" "His soul is." That should have been in the Suicide Squad movie .

They forgot which black guy was talking and it switches from Duke to Jefferson. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    They forgot which black guy was talking and it switches from Duke to Jefferson. Smh
    What are you talking about?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What are you talking about?
    When Jefferson asked Katana about her husband, it started with Duke about to ask. Duke goes "Question" but when they switch to the panel where he asks the question, the collar changes; it's now Jefferson asking the question.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I really hope the Outsiders is still happening. The teams pretty cool. Only one character im not big on which is Duke but id buy Outsiders immediately
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I really hope the Outsiders is still happening. The teams pretty cool. Only one character im not big on which is Duke but id buy Outsiders immediately
    Look how badly he has been done in this book.

If one was trying to sell an OUtsiders book-it would be JUSTIFIED folks take an issue with him.

You could have left him out. If this was your pilot.

I could excuse it if this was an Outsider series.

This is why folks take issue with character development at DC especially with black males. Why have them if you don't want them to be more than background fodder. We got 7 years of Cyborg doing that already.

BANNED

You do realize that Hill is a Black male himself? It was clear that Hill was most looking forward to Cass, Batman and Jeff from day one. Duke is ultimately Snyder's responsibility, Snyder hasn't given anyone anything to work with when it comes to Duke. But because its Snyder DC pushes the character anyway. So the writers end up with an unwanted, unneeded character that they have no interest in.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    You do realize that Hill is a Black male himself? It was clear that Hill was most looking forward to Cass, Batman and Jeff from day one. Duke is ultimately Snyder's responsibility, Snyder hasn't given anyone anything to work with when it comes to Duke. But because its Snyder DC pushes the character anyway. So the writers end up with an unwanted, unneeded character that they have no interest in.
    I will say that I was really hoping that Hill would persuade me to like Duke better, but sadly, not much has really happened with him. I think the team was perhaps a bit too big for the space he had.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    That's the thing, no one pushed Duke for this story, Hill was the one who picked Duke for this arc. He himself said DC wanted a Black Lightning and Batman story so he decided to have Jefferson mentor Batman's proteges since he's a teacher. It looks more like he bit off more than he can chew for such a short arc and defaulted to just focus on his faves. Unfortunately, it ended up contributing to DC's track record of underdeveloped black characters, more specifically, they're inability to develop any black characters in proximity to Batman.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-21-2018 at 08:29 AM.

BANNED

not a satisfactory conclusion at all to the arc. just setup for further outsiders stories. minimal action and a gratuitous appearance by Superman. insipid storyline overall.

Extraordinary Member

Is it just me or felt Barbara really ooc in this story arc?

I still don't think that Duke at this point in his career should be doing international Black ops missions, they should either continuing with the Day Time Protector Thing, go back to the "We Are Robin"-Movement or put him on a Titans book, but not in Outsiders.

And they really need to give Katana her personality back.

This arc started strongly, sadly, it didn’t end that way. The story should have been or less decompressed or should have had more space. Finally, it just felt as a teaser to an Outsiders book that can’t stand on its own
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Where is Geo Force with all of this crazy stuff happening in his country? Is he dead or something?

Great arc. Well written and well drawn.

I like the reestablishing of Jefferson operating out of Metropolis. Very much looking forward to a Bryan Hill written Outsiders run.