Page 188 of 190 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190 LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2846

Scott says he loved a single person in today's X-men but he didnt give a name

He said he'll simplify it for the summoner. If it anything it implies the complete opposite that it's more complicated

Love can mean: sister, brother, friends, father, mother.

There is lots of types of love. Scott simplified it about being about one person. he didn't even say if it was men or woman.

Basically more teasing and trolling

English is not my first language. "Single anyone" can mean only one person or one person without a partner, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Love can mean: sister, brother, friends, father, mother.

There is lots of types of love. Scott simplified it about being about one person. he didn't even say if it was men or woman.

Basically more teasing and trolling
    This was a romantic love, not friend or family. He has lots of friends and family so only loving a single one of them doesnt make sense in this context. Having a single person he currently has romantic love for however does

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    English is not my first language. "Single anyone" can mean only one person or one person without a partner, right?
    in this context its one person, not relationship status
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-13-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "Single anyone" can mean: separate invidual from a "crowd".

needs more context.

Read again is 'I love a single someone"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This was a romantic love, not friend or family. He has lots of friends and family so only loving a single one of them doesnt make sense in this context. Having a single person he currently has romantic love for however does
    Well later the summoner says Them. I don't think it is only romantic, it never says it is romance.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-13-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He said he'll simplify it for the summoner. If it anything it implies the complete opposite that it's more complicated
    Exactly. He says for the sake of expediency. he loves a single someone, but seems clear the answer is much more complicated than this.

Well later the summoner says Them. I don't think it is only romantic, it never says it is romance.
    Them is a gender neutral pronoun as Scott didnt specify male or female and the concept of gender and sexuality might be foreign to the Summoner

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. He says for the sake of expediency. he loves a single someone, but seems clear the answer is much more complicated than this.
    I took it a he has one person that he is in love with and wants to be with but the complciation comes in that he might also have feelings beyond that for someone else, which isnt exactly love

Them is a gender neutral pronoun as Scott didnt specify male or female and the concept of gender and sexuality might be foreign to the Summoner
    The summoner doesn't know what a gender neutral pronoun is. It would be far easier "so you want to be close to that person".

I took it a he has one person that he is in love with and wants to be with but the complciation comes in that he might also have feelings beyond that for someone else, which isnt exactly love
    Or tha tthe relationship is complicated

If he was only in love with one person, he would just say it.

The summoner doesn't know what a gender neutral pronoun is. It would be far easier "so you want to be close to that person".
    How do you know?

How do you know?
    It's a very modern take on language. I will say I'm not used to it yet.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don’t like Scott’s statement because it just means there is already someone who is lesser in this relationship and it’s not on equal grounds. I hope Hickman at least doesn’t state who that person Scott loves and leaves it to the audience to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don’t like Scott’s statement because it just means there is already someone who is lesser in this relationship and it’s not on equal grounds. I hope Hickman at least doesn’t state who that person Scott loves and leaves it to the audience to guess.
    No, there is nothing of the sort.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman is just baiting you guys now. smfh.
    "Cable was right!"